So pray to your false gods 
there is no hope 
our Mother is merciless 
I will still be here long after 
you have destroyed yourselves 
Oh I curse you all

Edited by Darren69

On 28/06/2020 at 6:27 PM, Monk said:

Someone told me I should listen to this yesterday.  Did so today.  Glad I did.  **** yeah man, this is awesome!

I know there's fans on here, but for some reason I've never gotten around to listening, or if I did , I didn't quite appreciate whichever song it was I heard.  But damn, clean sound, heavy as ****, will

be listening again, and to more of their stuff for sure.

51QS4YQSP8L._SX466_.jpg

They're a great band, and are brilliant live!

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Davo1972 said:

They're a great band, and are brilliant live!

Saw them in Brissy with Mastodon. Asked @BuzzzFuzzz what he was doing at the time but he was low on available beer vouchers 

Edited by Darren69
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

38 minutes ago, Darren69 said:

Saw them in Brissy with Mastodon. Asked @BuzzzFuzzz what he was doing at the time but he was low on available beer vouchers 

I think I saw them with Mastodon too in Melbourne. Good to see blokes looking after their mates with beer ;)

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Davo1972 said:

I think I saw them with Mastodon too in Melbourne. Good to see blokes looking after their mates with beer ;)

Oh I didn’t look after Buzzz, I just went on my own ?

• Haha 1

Today is a VERY special moment for me. Actually 33 years in the making to be precise as today I received the final chapter of Celtic Frosts (now Triptykon)"Triptch"piece as promised all those years ago.

So many events besides just age have transpired since it was announced all those many years ago and to finally see it into fruition and hold it in my hands is quite remarkable and emotional at the same time.

Closes a chapter in Celtic Frost's history and what a mighty way to go out!

Super deluxe version with a ton of stuff to get through. 

WIN_20200702_15_18_40_Pro.thumb.jpg.350950d7c21f91097258c9e9910169ca.jpg

WIN_20200702_15_15_43_Pro.thumb.jpg.6e96c9ae062e1bb8d98fe4a3a75bdad1.jpg

WIN_20200702_15_12_05_Pro.thumb.jpg.9d4944def70c08d43c0a4cc63de146e4.jpg

WIN_20200702_15_11_33_Pro.thumb.jpg.7ea3cbf376f1cc4c4ca989d1cb2a0b9f.jpg

• Like 6

3 minutes ago, Tubularbells said:

Today is a VERY special moment for me. Actually 33 years in the making to be precise as today I received the final chapter of Celtic Frosts (now Triptykon)"Triptch"piece as promised all those years ago.

So many events besides just age have transpired since it was announced all those many years ago and to finally see it into fruition and hold it in my hands is quite remarkable and emotional at the same time.

Closes a chapter in Celtic Frost's history and what a mighty way to go out!

Super deluxe version with a ton of stuff to get through. 

Ahhh nice Doug!

Sort of like for me if KISS had some themed storyline through a few of their albums they carried on for 30+ years - I'd feel the same.

Unhappily for me, KISS never grew beyond the clown faces, and one absolutely classic pseudo-art-rock album ('Destroyer').

Enjoy!   ?

• Love 1

Evening Lads.

Nice work @Tubularbells, you put us all to shame.  Lovely albums and pics, I'm always curious about production of Black albums... how do they stack up these days?

@Darren69:  Hey my man.  The tide has turned for me, a lot better off out here.  I'm back to the real world, although out west, and earning some coin at long last.  I couldn't manage to catch so many bands, and I got a bit lazy too.

You were very generous in another way, gifting me a full hard drive.  I'm still getting through it.

Looks like your system is coming along nicely.  Might get up your way some day...  and I'll buy ya a beer!

@candyflip  Hey Jon.  I have a real soft spot for 'Music from The Elder', even though the fashion and look took a wrong turn, I always hoped they would do something a bit 'proggy' again.

Speaking of KISS...  the vinyl re-issues sound very good.  I've bought two in the last year, one was buckled lightly, and the other was bowed beyond belief on arrival, obviously from the shrink wrap.  One was Rarewaves I think, and the other Amazon.au.  Do you have any experience of these releases?  I want to get another couple.

My Rotel RA-971 amp arrived, from the SNA Classifieds.  Hooked up to some old Sony 434 Carbocon Speakers and running the media player to the amp via RCA...

Opeth  'Ghost Reveries'    Flac.

2064363839_OpethGhostReveries.jpg.04d6a27c287192a0a41fa34d3d3107d2.jpg

I was a late comer to Opeth.  This is my favourite album by them, I was too lazy after work to spin the vinyl which sounds awesome.

This still sounded very good.  I was surprised with the Sony speakers too, they haven't seen the light of day for a few years, boxed up under the bed.

Edited by BuzzzFuzzz
  • Like 3
  • Love 1

Carcinoid - Metastatic Declination on Blood Harvest records. Local band who I'm yet to see live and I guess it will be a while yet! Grotty Death/Doom, no clean singing, maybe similar to some early Autopsy and Coffins. Heavier than a ton of facemasks

DSC_2158.JPG

It’s hard to believe it’s 20 years since Disturbed released The Sickness, a few years since I’ve played it, sounds great. I need to order the 20th anniversary limited edition vinyl released today.

D99C3193-0DCA-4F6B-9077-88F2FD04F2D7.png

1 hour ago, awayward said:

It’s hard to believe it’s 20 years since Disturbed released The Sickness, a few years since I’ve played it, sounds great. I need to order the 20th anniversary limited edition vinyl released today.

D99C3193-0DCA-4F6B-9077-88F2FD04F2D7.png

Yeah man, I was just listening to one of their songs today!

Doesn't seem that metal to me though.  ?‍♂️

:D

4 minutes ago, Monk said:

Yeah man, I was just listening to one of their songs today!

Doesn't seem that metal to me though.  ?‍♂️

:D

I was on such a high after listening to the album, and then this cr*p, should be banned ?

Just now, awayward said:

I was on such a high after listening to the album, and then this cr*p, should be banned ?

Aww c'mon. 

Have another listen to the original and you'll appreciate that even more!

:)

• Like 1

Enjoying Deathwhite's latest at the moment 'Grave Image'.

A bit of light reading for you head bangerrrrz (tm BuzzzFuzzz).

http://www.metal-fi.com/angry-metal-fi-the-best-worst-sounding-records-of-2019/?fbclid=IwAR1H1iKnbJe8d9qz_7fR13rFsI53a3W6Q1-VzXJ8PidpTWlE8TWYNcuo39E

Edited by Darren69
  • Like 1

On ‎12‎/‎07‎/‎2020 at 11:21 AM, Darren69 said:

A bit of light reading

Hey Dazzz.

Thanks for the heads up and link.  I have used their lists many times for reference over the last couple of years.  They don't seem to update the post's too frequently.  'Twas good to see a new list. 

Shame, I bought Cattle Decapitation's  'Death Atlas'  on vinyl recently, it doesn't get a good wrap.  I still haven't given it a spin.

Cheers.

• Like 1

Just now, Dokken said:

Time for some Iced Earth - The Glorious Burden with Ripper on vocals.

RIP Ralph Santolla who did guest guitars on this album!

images.jpeg.jpg

Good album this one dude, sadly no other ripper fronted IE album was any good to me. There dust collectors on my shelf, but I can't get rid of em coz it'll mean incomplete IE discog ????‍♂️

• Like 1

Remember seeing them with Stu Block when they toured here and played at Billboards in Melbourne....they sounded great live!

I haven't been too impressed with their last 2 albums though.

That was tour he cut the set short yeah, due to Stu's vox failing?

I'd go as far to say Dystopia is their best work ever or at minimum since maybe dark saga or something wicked.  It's such a great album imo.

The last 2 were not as good I agree, especially incorruptible.

Edited by 08Boss302
Spelling
  • Like 1