Million Dollar Audio system up for sale

10 minutes ago, Full Range said:

Nice cat.......

• Like 1
  • Love 1
  • Haha 5

1 hour ago, Full Range said:

I sure many of you have seen photos of this system over the years 

It is one of the most inspirational builds to read about if you get the chance, an extraordinary amount of work.

Very sad that he passed, not before he finished but none the less

• Like 5

Just now, Artnet said:

It is one of the most inspirational builds to read about if you get the chance, an extraordinary amount of work.

Very sad that he passed, not before he finished but none the less

If you go through the items for sale, it looks like it was not being repaired - two of the rear towers are just sold for parts.

Did you notice:

This Amazing Audiophile Equipment Sale includes:   ...  Tripods, Electric Leather Recliners, Kitchen Aid Food Processor, Welbilt Bread Machine, Slow Cookers, Popcorn Popper, Gourmoa Convection Oven, Vintage Cast Iron Stove, and MUCH MORE!

Maybe for when you get the munchies listening to DSOTM. 

Kenneth E. Fritz

February 20, 1942  – April 21, 2022

Kenneth E. Fritz departed this life on April 21, 2022, after a courageous four-year battle with ALS.

He leaves to cherish his memory beloved wife of 26 years, Mary “Sue”; children, Betsy Logan (Kenny), Patty Bies (Mark), Rosemary Branch (Fred), Kurt Fritz (Kirstin), Scott Fritz (Bethany) and stepson, Larry Thomas (Jennifer); and four grandchildren, Anthony, Freddie III, Trevor, and Hendrick.

Ken was extreme in everything he did. He was a born audiophile and built his first set of speakers at the age of 15. His passion continued for 65 years while he continued to fulfill his dream and goal of building the best audio system with no holds barred. Ken had an unlimited desire to share the knowledge he had with a very humble spirit. His passion and drive will continue to inspire many others in the years to come.

A memorial service will be held at twelve noon on Saturday, July 9, 2022, at the Southwest Church of Christ, 5340 Courthouse Rd, Chesterfield, VA 23832.

In lieu of flowers, contributions may be made to The ALS Association.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

The sum of a person’s life is not defined by material possessions. The passion for almost everything Ken accomplished in his life, especially creating in his mind, and the minds of everyone who became inspired by his talents to create the best music room in the world.

That is a legacy, no amount of money could buy. Rest in peace my friend.🙏

Edited by Almaz
Grammar.
  • Like 5

12 hours ago, Xecuter said:

I've got the same problem, diagnosed with 2 to 4 years to go, that was 3 years ago, although I might last a bit longer, depends how long the effects of the new so called "miracle - Lutetium-177 PSMA therapy "  drug I had in a trial lasts, I'm actually feeling pretty good since the treatment, but TBH I know I'm too far gone, I was already stage 4 metastatic cancer when first diagnosed.

I'm leaving pretty much everything to my younger sister, but TBH I think she will only keep the HT stuff, and try to sell off the rest of the HiFi gear, and all the guitars/amps etc.....although I've already given the vintage guitars away to mates who will appreciate them, I'd rather that than my sister doing something stupid , and selling them off for a song.

I've kept all the boxes and manuals for everything, so if she does decide to sell it, at least she shouldn't have a problem posting it off to whoever buys it.

Although I'm mulling over if I might put my Technics SL-1200G Turntable up for sale, as I've found it's not getting that much use [I've got a modded REGA P3 that will suffice ], I could use the money towards building a new high end PC for music making, which will get more use.

• Love 2
  • Care 6
  • Wow 1

6 minutes ago, Tweaky said:

I've got the same problem, diagnosed with 2 to 4 years to go, that was 3 years ago, although I might last a bit longer, depends how long the effects of the new so called "miracle - Lutetium-177 PSMA therapy "  drug I had in a trial lasts, I'm actually feeling pretty good since the treatment, but TBH I know I'm too far gone, I was already stage 4 metastatic cancer when first diagnosed.

I'm leaving pretty much everything to my younger sister, but TBH I think she will only keep the HT stuff, and try to sell off the rest of the HiFi gear, and all the guitars/amps etc.....although I've already given the vintage guitars away to mates who will appreciate them, I'd rather that than my sister doing something stupid , and selling them off for a song.

I've kept all the boxes and manuals for everything, so if she does decide to sell it, at least she shouldn't have a problem posting it off to whoever buys it.

Although I'm mulling over if I might put my Technics SL-1200G Turntable up for sale, as I've found it's not getting that much use [I've got a modded REGA P3 that will suffice ], I could use the money towards building a new high end PC for music making, which will get more use.

Tough gig - wishing you all the best

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Andythiing said:

Tough gig - wishing you all the best

It honestly doesn't bother me, it didn't when they first told me.

I''m glad its cancer rather than Motor neuron disease or ALS [pretty much the same thing] as the guy who built the system above had, apparently that's a horrible way to go out.

One of my nieces husband in the UK was told he had MND, and he only just turned 45 with 4 kids, we are waiting for the phone call 😢

I intend to enjoy life as much as possible why I still can, it's sort of a blessing to know that you haven't go long to go, as for me at least, very little bothers/worries me any more.

Only the ever increasing price of Beer, that's eating into my super payout like nobodies business. 😄

• Like 10
  • Love 3
  • Care 2