MOFI Coming Soon...

• 2 weeks later...
On 26/01/2022 at 3:16 PM, vinilink said:

Who is getting Carol King Tapestry One Step? One of shop asked me if I am interested so he can put me on the list, but it is getting pricier.

Yep, I pre-ordered Tapestry One Step $250AUD back in March 2021 fully expecting it to not arrive by the first estimate which was October 2021. I was thinking more likely Dec 2021, but here we are Feb 2022. The wait does not bother me.

I only order these One Step pressing locally from Discrepancy Records because that much money on one record I want to be dealing directly with an Aussie based shop. I know it costs more than ordering from the USA but DR have always been very reliable to deal with and step up if there is ever an issue.

DR have emailed me twice updating me on the delay which is good service.

image.png.31c2bddf6f083aab3c0c460ff79aed36.png

52 minutes ago, rockpig said:

Yep, I pre-ordered Tapestry One Step $250AUD back in March 2021 fully expecting it to not arrive by the first estimate which was October 2021. I was thinking more likely Dec 2021, but here we are Feb 2022. The wait does not bother me.

I only order these One Step pressing locally from Discrepancy Records because that much money on one record I want to be dealing directly with an Aussie based shop. I know it costs more than ordering from the USA but DR have always been very reliable to deal with and step up if there is ever an issue.

DR have emailed me twice updating me on the delay which is good service.

image.png.31c2bddf6f083aab3c0c460ff79aed36.png

yeah Discrepancy are quite good at providing updates.  I had a similar thing with the Miles Davis - Kind of Blue, ordered in Jul- Aug last year and only received in Jan 2022.  They updated me 2-3 times over that period. 

I guess patience is required here, there is no point in emailing local or overseas distributors weekly for updates, as there are known very long lead times for vinyl now.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 28/01/2022 at 10:14 AM, Stump said:

Limited to the amount they can sell?  Eagles self-titled LPs

Fri 28/01/2022 3:36 AM

Hi Eamonn, sorry for the further delay on this order. Unfortunately, due to a lost shipment, we had to repress quite a few of the Eagles self-titled LPs as well. The labor and driver shortages resulting from Covid have created a severe shortage of materials that are necessary for our manufacturers to complete production on these titles – we are hoping to have them in stock within the next couple of months. We do have copies of the self-titled SACD and of the Desperado box set allocated for you. We apologize for any hassle this delay has caused and appreciate your patience & support!

Still waiting!!!! Last time I buy MOFI.....

Hi Eamon, we will have the two SACDs on this order as well as the Desperado one-step available in the next couple of business days, but we are still waiting on Eagles-Eagles one-step box set. Would you like to keep your order for that title open or would you prefer we cancel and refund the self-titled box set as well? We apologize again for any hassle the delay has caused.

13 minutes ago, Yamaha_man said:

What I’ve secured thus far.

CCDFBF22-0900-4596-BBE8-9A10557D5CFD.jpeg

Nightfly is outstanding, probably my fav one-step.  Would sound amazing on your setup. 

Muddy Waters sounds superb as well.

I've not played my SRV or Eagles yet.

• Like 3

14 hours ago, April Snow said:

I was wondering the same thing....................

Presumably to keep and use one, and leave the other sealed as an investment.

The appreciation on these OneSteps is very good.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

If ordering direct from MoFi how does one keep the shipping costs to a reasonable amount?

I checked for the Thriller album and the choice was either USD 50 or 75. 
I then checked the shipping cost for over   $300 worth of discs and it came to

USD 80. 

Is it possible to pre-order via an outlet in Australia ?

On 06/01/2022 at 10:52 AM, metal beat said:

New music is thriving.    Pass.

Yep the same tired re-runs , next Dylan and stones zzzzzz

One day might get something released this century 🙄

Edited by cafe67
  • Love 1
  • Haha 2

4 minutes ago, cafe67 said:

Slim pickings for analogue tapes in that era.

Edited by TheBlackDisc
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, cafe67 said:

or just something interesting / different from last century other than dadblues :D

I would spend rude money on Tangerine Dream MOFIs ... though the records already sound excellent - as the production was part of the instrumentation and vice versa 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1