Australian Loudspeaker Repairers

43 minutes ago, Amphlett said:

I picked my speakers up from Adam and Atilla just before xmas and am very happy with the work done. Everything is back to perfect working order, the cost was reasonable, completion time quicker than expected and communication was excellent.

For me, it was an experience I'd definitely recommend.

It might be better to add some details of your issue rather than blanket discredit.

I sent an Infinity Polydome back for a correction of a repair he already did.

After a few reminders spaced fairly apart I gave up. I paid for a repair, I've lost the money and the driver. Had to buy a pair from the US.

I'm not recommending anyone use him now. 

• 3 months later...

I concur with Amphlett. 

However, I should point out that Atilla was seriously unwell for most of 2021. I saw him regularly and won't go into details of his illness but Adam (his son) was basically left to carry the can.

If things went a little skewwhiff for redbruce he might have opened his eyes and seen the pressure they were under. 

Atilla passed on to the big crossover in the sky in January and those close to him are extremely saddened by this. Adam has decided to continue running the business and Atilla has taught him well. Everyone just needs to cut him a little slack. I for one, will continue my association with Tanka speaker repairs.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

@AvSat44 I'm very sad to hear of Atilla's passing. A true expert in his field, he was always happy to share his knowledge and ever patient with any questions I had. I'm glad that Adam is continuing the business. I will also continue to take speakers to him.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Guys,

Asking on behalf of a friend, where would one go to get an Accuton Ceramic driver repaired. My friend is in Perth, but an experienced skilled repairer is sought anywhere in AU.

The driver works, but the moment the level is above 5 - 8 watts total distortion occurs. May possibly have a hairline crack in the ceramic?

Thanks for any assistance.

Andy

Is there a visible crack that can be seen through the protective screens or a known incident that could have resulted in  that type of fault ? A damaged voice coil is a more likely event; a consequence of playing too loudly or a mishap. If a repairer or  an agent cannot be found in Perth , then you could try  Garry Cawsey in Melbourne.  

• Thanks 1

< garry@cawsey.com.au>       0433884924      41 Edward Street, Brunswick, Victoria,  3056.

Unfortunately, the faulty speaker will need to be examined  before any estimate of the  repair cost can be provided. 

• Thanks 1

I would have suggested the best person to ask in WA might be Pat from WAR Audio (if it's still open). (08) 9242 5538 or grab other details from the website (http://www.waraudio.com.au/g/1252845/contact-us.html). WAR produced a number of speakers using Accuton and would know if there's someone good to fix them up.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 05/05/2022 at 11:44 AM, VanArn said:

< garry@cawsey.com.au>       0433884924      41 Edward Street, Brunswick, Victoria,  3056.

Unfortunately, the faulty speaker will need to be examined  before any estimate of the  repair cost can be provided. 

Garry is great, highly recommended 👍

• 1 month later...
On 10/04/2022 at 8:18 PM, AvSat44 said:

I concur with Amphlett. 

However, I should point out that Atilla was seriously unwell for most of 2021. I saw him regularly and won't go into details of his illness but Adam (his son) was basically left to carry the can.

If things went a little skewwhiff for redbruce he might have opened his eyes and seen the pressure they were under. 

Atilla passed on to the big crossover in the sky in January and those close to him are extremely saddened by this. Adam has decided to continue running the business and Atilla has taught him well. Everyone just needs to cut him a little slack. I for one, will continue my association with Tanka speaker repairs.

Oh damn. I called him around that time to get some drivers repaired and when he said he was in hospital I was really apologetic, thinking I shouldn't bother the man further, but he kept me on the phone and talked through the issues and when I asked if such and such thing was repairable he said "we're gonna find out". I can't imagine being that dedicated to my work.

And amid all that, Adam fixed the drivers for me. 

• Like 3

Hello twofires.

It's great to hear that you've given Adam a go. He really has picked up the baton.

I have seen him in the last week.

He has just repaired a Celestion HF-1300 for me in a way that I thought wasn't possible. There is no doubt that Atilla and he were cut from the same cloth!

He is also refurbishing (don't laugh) 7, yes seven, Wharfedale Super 3 tweeters for me (a mix of alnico and ceramic types).

Heading back there tomorrow with a bottle or two. 😆

• Like 4

• 4 weeks later...

Short Fuse repairs in Perth is closing down this year and not taking new jobs.

Internet search shows EAV in Morley and I’ve sent them a message. Any others in Perth besides Speaker Doctor?

• 1 month later...
On 26/12/2020 at 3:23 PM, Red MacKay said:

I agree with this statement 100%.

I also agree with this statement regarding total recoil. Unfortunately they have a cheap mindset and see customers as unknowledged. 

Edited by Toeknee

1 hour ago, Toeknee said:

I also agree with this statement regarding total recoil. Unfortunately they have a cheap mindset and see customers as unknowledged. 

...Coupled with a breath taking arrogance and attitude, that must be experienced to be believed!

If you want your drivers Frankensteined - Total is the place to take them.

• Like 1

• 3 months later...

Hi all, I am about to upgrade my speakers and I need someone competent to change over the tweeter for me.

The old tweeter unscrews from the cabinet and then needs desoldering - the new tweeter is soldered onto the cables and then screwed back into the cabinet.

The head units are easily transportable, but I'd rather drive as little as possible. I will talk to the guys who did my various power supply replacements but I don't know how much they do with speakers.

Edited by Mr_Gimlet

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Guys,

Really sorry to hear about Atilla passing.  I have a couple of Infinity RS6 that need some work.  How can I contact his son, Adam?  I could only find Atilla's mobile number.

Many thanks,

Eskay

On 20/12/2022 at 1:00 AM, Eskay40 said:

Hi Guys,

Really sorry to hear about Atilla passing.  I have a couple of Infinity RS6 that need some work.  How can I contact his son, Adam?  I could only find Atilla's mobile number.

Many thanks,

Eskay

Adam's number is 0404 529 489.

He did a great job of replacing surrounds for me. I highly recommend him.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 1 month later...

+++ for Adam. He is very obliging.

He recently repaired the Celestion tweeter and recapped my Gale gs401a’s

I had these listed for sale sometime ago. Discovered an issue so I withdrew them from sale.

Back and sounding extremely good. Now the dilemma of downsizing, “which ones to let go”? 

Edited by Hawkeye
Rephrase