Currently Spinning

Pretty much impossible to categorise.  Korean traditional mixed with electronics.  Beautiful production.  Certainly on Bandcamp and maybe Spotify.  Here is the review from SXSW:

"Flipped Coin Music, based in Seoul, Korea, offered some of the most awe-inspiring and genre-fluid artists of the day. HAEPAARY, the female alt-electronic duo, broke the rules of tradition. They kicked off the series of artists by performing melodies and lyrics of “Jongmyojeryeak, the royal shrine music of the Joseon dynasty, and Namchang Gagok, a Korean traditional vocal genre that has always been performed exclusively by men,” as stated on their Spotify page. With the combination of traditional Korean instruments and electronic elements, the calculated intensity of their songs drew out ancient swells alongside contemporary rhythms.  Their song “A Shining Warrior – A Heartfelt Joy” felt like powerful, soulful calls to war."

Gobsmacking

IMG_0770.PNG

Edited by jamesrc
  • Like 3

Turned things up to 11 with a special tool - edited 10min later wife walked in and it’s now turned down to 3 - under the thumb much? 

69A97C4E-3DDE-436B-8B6C-C539C57CDAB2.jpeg

Edited by andythiing
Wife unhappy with tunes
  • Like 2

New arrivals from UK after a recommendation from another audio "crazy" 😉

Hard to track these down as well out of print now and she left the music industry (but Discogs helped me out even though I had to get shipped from UK).

Sinead Lohan

Who Do You Think I am

Europe 

Sinead Lohan

No Mermaid

Ireland

IMG_9772.JPG

Edited by April Snow
  • Like 3

15 hours ago, andythiing said:

Turned things up to 11 with a special tool - edited 10min later wife walked in and it’s now turned down to 3 - under the thumb much? 

69A97C4E-3DDE-436B-8B6C-C539C57CDAB2.jpeg

Bought that same cd from an op shop for $2. Hard to believe hey. Mint condition too.

• Like 1

This was a definitive album for me when it came out. Fusing metal with funk, rap and prog, pioneering a unique sound at the time. I don't think anyone else was doing music that sounded this way.

Bought the album in 92. Lost it, or gave it away? Anyway heard it at a mates place...and just had to have it again. Sounds great.

Should have bought the record. Sigh!

16228689000855844070650070696909.jpg

• Like 5
  • Love 1

3 hours ago, Dilettanteque said:

The Twilight Sad - Nobody Wants To Be Here  And Nobody Wants To Leave

The Twilight Sad: Nobody Wants to Be Here and Nobody Wants to Leave Album  Review | Pitchfork

YES!!!!!!

After a couple of months trying to buy this album. Amazon USA wanted a $140 for it. Couldn't find a copy anywhere. Anyway they must have done a new production run. Ordered the record on Amazon Aus for $47 all up 2 weeks ago. Still waiting. So will have to make do with Spotify. Love the song In nowheres. Just stays in my head. I grin everytime l hear it.

• Like 3