And I’ve been to lot

A33B0FCA-C9F9-420C-A685-57616207A32C.jpeg

B877E7B8-1685-4A6F-AABF-572C97D8B106.jpeg

6979BDF0-C36E-4446-8599-8378574597A3.jpeg

FC7135CA-F2FA-41A4-9CA6-4231957EAF77.jpeg

7621AFBB-86E2-44E0-9C98-8723744BBAE6.jpeg

FAD5783F-53F0-4B9A-8FD9-20A348972753.jpeg

E21A0846-6D55-471D-B2ED-E29D9D192D4F.jpeg

Went to Glastonbury in 2014. Now there's MUD.?

• Like 2

2 hours ago, RankStranger said:

It felt less apocalyptic than luciferian towers. I think I like it but I’ll need another few listens when I’m more awake ?

My first listen wasn’t as attentive as it could have been. When drifting in and out of room I felt it was a little more keyboard/synth influenced than previous works?

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Dilettanteque said:

My first listen wasn’t as attentive as it could have been. When drifting in and out of room I felt it was a little more keyboard/synth influenced than previous works?

Same and same

• Like 2

https://www.amoeba.com/sized-images/max/500/500/uploads/albums/covers/other/Beirut_RipTide(LP).jpg

The hard to get vinyl album with cloth cover which makes no difference to the SQ at all but there you go, big bucks if you have a minty copy.

Zac Condon and his then group of muso's doing it well and doing it beautifully.

Edited by Luc
  • Like 2

Godspeed You! Black Emperor - G_d’s Pee AT STATE’S END!

Godspeed You Black Emperor 'G_d's Pee AT STATE'S END!' Review

Again.

Keyboards/synth more central.  Strange mood in this release overall.  What in the past has seemed anger now seems more like despair and resignation.  The "future focus" themes as tempo increases and melody lines move to a more positive tone now feel more like hope than call to action (closing sections of "Government Came...") despite imprecations on cover notes.  The bells closing this track seem odd...triggering the sentimental a la Walter Murch?  Is this the civic call of the town hall bell, or a draw to the spiritual?  Interesting variations on familiar themes from GY!BE.  And, as always, worthy a close listen!

Edited by Dilettanteque
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, Dilettanteque said:

Godspeed You! Black Emperor - G_d’s Pee AT STATE’S END!

Godspeed You Black Emperor 'G_d's Pee AT STATE'S END!' Review

Again.

Keyboards/synth more central.  Strange mood in this release overall.  What in the past has seemed anger now seems more like despair and resignation.  The "future focus" themes as tempo increases and melody lines move to a more positive tone now feel more like hope than call to action (closing sections of "Government Came...") despite imprecations on cover notes.  The bells closing this track seem odd...triggering the sentimental a la Walter Murch?  Is this the civic call of the town hall bell, or a draw to the spiritual?  Interesting variations on familiar themes from GY!BE.  And, as always, worthy a close listen!

Good insights. it’s illegal to listen to GYBE in daylight hours though so you’ll have to wait for my thoughts :D 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1