Currently Spinning

Currently listening to John Taylor's "Rosslyn" re-released by ECM on the UHQCD disc format. CD Japan has a full listing of the other ECM discs currently being re-released on the UHQCD format. Better than the standard CD format. Not game to say it is... but it sounds wonderful!

2019-09-11 03.13.26.jpg

2019-09-11 03.13.37.jpg

• Like 2

I haven't played an LP for a week now.?

I came home last Wednesday after work and the power was off.....a power circuit was tripping the RCD and when  flicked the RCD back on then the effected power circuit back on, the RCD tripped again with a bit of a bang. So it has taken me a week to (i) find an electrician willing to do the job and then (ii) sort it all out before they came (lots of roof tin removal and cable taping etc)......and no TV, music, lights, running water(on tank), laptop/internet or a warm bed to hop into?for seven days. Poor me!?

Finally today, two sparkies and seven hours work and yes, a hefty bill......has me celebrating to the soothing sounds of Sade "Stronger Than Pride" Dutch 1st pressing and Jeannie Lewis "Free Fall Through Featherless Flight" Oz only pressing.?

Related image
Image result for free fall through featherless flight

Edited by stevoz
  • Like 1
  • Love 1

This was still on the platter from last night......Jeannie Lewis "Free Fall Through Featherless Flight" Oz only pressing from 1973. This lady is a supreme vocalist....truly world class.?

Image result for free fall through featherless flight

An example:

Listen to it all but if you're impatient, go to 2:55 to witness what I'm talking about. She soars!?

.....and another.......just superb.

Edited by stevoz

18 hours ago, metal beat said:

Ultra Vivid Scene ‎– Ultra Vivid Scene. one of my fav's from the late 80's on 4AD.

[IMG]

One of my discoveries when I was in a Amoeba  in USA in the late 80's. But only bought the CD. Would now love to have it on vinyl!

• Like 2