Currently Spinning

12 minutes ago, soundfan said:

Nah. Probably need to sell a pair or two. :P

I'm a big user of headphones of late, but never ever listen to vinyl through cans. Why? Because of the inescapable noise floor, which takes all the enjoyment out of it.

You're doing something wrong if it makes your vinyl sound bad! ;)

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Metamatic said:

Euro reissues - both sound outstanding and for me - these are like buying new albums.  Never heard AHM and barely played my crappy Aussie pressing of OBC.

31232147496_f9935450af_b.jpg

I'm  reading good things about these reissues. Might pick up Animals and Meddle.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, soundfan said:

I'm  reading good things about these reissues. Might pick up Animals and Meddle.

There are good.  I caved and have Animals on the way - will be interesting to see how it sounds vs my pretty good mid 80's UK pressing.

On the Neil Young bandwagon - ZUMA.  

from the archive series 5-8. My number is 134 out of 3500 copies.  I really like how every album also has # 134 on the back.    I wonder how many copies they will press this time around?   I am betting maybe 2500 as these 4 albums were not quite as popular?.

30900885090_9123d7264e_b.jpg

• Like 3

41 minutes ago, Metamatic said:

WTF have they done with the cover?     Vomit

Give me the original every time - its a classic

into-the-labyrinth.jpg

Totally agree.

When it arrived i wondered what I had bought, as I was expecting the original cover!

• Like 4

The Swifter  - Wall Sailor

2016 LP on Miasmah/Sonic Pieces

PATTERN003-LP.jpg?auto=format&fit=max&h=

Another project from Italian drummer Andrea Belfi this time teaming up with BJ Nilsen on electronics and Simon James Phillips on piano. These guys know how to conjure up a lovely wall of shifting sound. They sound A LOT like The Necks and that is a GOOD THING :)

• Like 4

Haino/Ambarchi/O'Rourke - In a Flash  Everything Comes Together as One  There Is No Need for a Subject

2011 2LP on Black Truffle

haiorkamb.jpg

Finally have all the vinyl of this incredible power trio. This one I snagged from an Aussie seller on discogs.

• Like 5

Afternoon's worth.

Saga-Images At Twilight. Bombastic pomp proggy stuff from Canada. Only £3-50! Long time ago though.

saga.jpg

Rush-Hold Your Fire. My camera really doesn't like the red.

rush hold your fire.jpg

Sting-Nothing Like The Sun

sting.jpg

Supertramp-Even In The Quietest Moments. These Japanese pressed A&M Canada audiophile pressings are good, it was a shame they only did a few artists off the A&M roster. Saying that though A&M bog standard records were nearly always top notch recordings and pressings anyway.

supertramp.jpg

And to finish off tonight in the study, a really shitehouse pressing of Sonny Rollins's The Bridge but it's the only one I've got. Endless mistracking, crackling and popping. Great music behind all the noise though.

Sonny Rollins.jpg

• Like 5

Joy Division - Unknown Pleasures.

Well, I'm not actually playing it but I am in Mondukiri, Cambodia... which is right out in the sticks. Imagine my surprise when I walk into a cafe and Day of the Lord's is playing... my fav Joy Division song. Quiet a surreal experience.

• Like 7