Currently Spinning

Recorded in '94 after spending time in jail on drugs and weapons charges.

Clean and sober again, he released this acoustic classic with a stellar backing band.

Norman Blake, Roy Huskey, Peter Norman, with the evergreen Emmylou Harris on a track or two.

post-103759-0-11660400-1447403778_thumb.

Edited by soundfan
  • Like 2

Cracking LP

Spinning Fugazi - The Argument now. This is a great sounding LP, much quieter than the previous one and more dynamic. I think it is a remaster, the last was original.

fugazi-argument.jpeg

Next up, some Motorhead. "Argument" still on the platter though.

post-106728-0-32431700-1447415657_thumb.

It seems I need to review my antiskate setting.

Edited by rehabit@
  • Like 2

Mutter on Vinyl is available from Discogs €42.00 shipped worldwide

http://www.discogs.com/sell/item/287754351?ev=bp_det

It's also in the upcoming XXI Vinyl Box Set

https://shop.rammstein.de/en/catalog/Visuals-Sounds/Vinyl/XXI-The-Vinyl-Box-Set.html

The made in Germany 1995-2011 was released in CD only as it was a digital remaster lossless/MP3

Great info thanks. I have been pondering the box set for a few weeks.

The link to Mutter on vinyl is dead. Seems to be a lot unofficial releases but I couldn't seen anything official and affordable.

Where would you recommend to start on the Rammstein journey?

I know Du hast, natch, and of the limited I have heard I loved the track Benzin but the rest of Rosenrot didn't really float my boat, to be fair it has not passed my three listens before judgement test ;)

Mutter mate :thumb: Thats what first caught my attention and while I dont know all of their catalogue it still stands out as a high point.

Edited by mondie
  • Like 1

"Blockheads" lol

Spinning this newly arrved CD while prepping to bake and the boys play lego and dinosaurs. Makaya McCraven - In the Moment. Drummer McCraven mixes samples of his live sets, which makes for a lovely Saturday morning vibe.

ca4aadaeadbd39561be1d7f6c15fb68a.jpg

• Like 2

There has been lots on social media the last week about this Aussie band I'd not even heard of. Checked them out on Tidal this morning. Actually pretty good. I will grab the vinyl. Reminds me a little of Beach House.

Holy Holy - When The Storms Would Come.

6ed805ba80d0570f23097bfedd770c94.jpg

• Like 3

Nice one, Mark. Spent a fair bit of time listening to them last week when a mate brought the CD on our quick trip to Queenstown. Will also be ordering the vinyl!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk