Currently Spinning

Can I recommend these to all the young people who missed all this stuff in the 60's because it's gone now

But never forgotten

This is one of a box set from JB of Otis Redding 5 CDS about 20 bucks

And Aretha the same deal

As good as it is humanly possible to sing

post-141610-0-78407500-1407993799_thumb.

post-141610-0-46365700-1407993832_thumb.

• Like 4

Some Jap pressings just dropped off by the postman - Seconds Out is right up there for a live album and Vulture Culture is probably Alan Parsons best recording! (besides I Robot & Pyramid)  :D

post-116153-0-22981900-1408070038.jpg

post-116153-0-82855200-1408070046.jpg

post-116153-0-72744200-1408070052.jpg

• Like 1

Reliving my youth after the DD popmarket thread.   Duran Duran - Rio from 1982. Aussie pressing, mastered by DB via the maxicut system - sounds awesome.   And the comeback album from 1993 which included the luscious Ordinary World and Come undone - excellent album - UK pressings.

Duran-Duran-Rio-477818_4199.jpgduran_duran_wedding_album.jpg

Edited by metal beat
  • Like 2

Some Jap pressings just dropped off by the postman - Seconds Out is right up there for a live album and Vulture Culture is probably Alan Parsons best recording! (besides I Robot & Pyramid)  :D

best recording is Eye in the Sky imo and a great lp to boot

61%2Bec0Vgs%2BL._SL500_AA280_.jpg

No idea why but.............................got home after a long week and just thought.............@#$% it lets amp up some doof doof on  the CX4F's.    :love

The wife came home and gave me the WTF!!!! look.  I just shrugged and she went off to shop for vittles for tonight's dinner.    So the Mushroom kept on doofin and I kept on listening.

Something different :P :P :P

• Like 3

A Van Morrison Best of

post-133926-0-56568500-1408092359_thumb.

I really alternate between thinking he is a genus genius and nothing special. Today he is a genius :)

*edited for biological reasons*

Edited by Pieface
  • Like 2

Hmm, I'm not a great discoverer of new-ish music but I'm listening to some music where the group is obviously using English as their second language and I've paid for their ridiculously obscure vinyl album from the depths of  some kinda Paris+Geneva fark/you recording outlet.

I haven't got the physical album yet coz the band's manager is shonky in the extreme and uses the lack of English as a a reason not to explain where my money went.

But!!!

Even their stolen torrents are just so....so ...good, that ABC Radio National decided to do what I did, and basically steal the album...

Yup they did but they acknowledged on air where it came from.

Was available as a horrendous MP3 DL...awful, but there you go.

I'm listening to some extremely ethical FLAC of the group at the mo...

Don't ask!

I'll have the physical chunk of vinyl in my hands shortly three months after ordering from the shark who runs the Swiss record company.

*Gawd I lurve Fri nites... :cool:

• Like 1