Post Pictures Of Your Headphone Setup

After just now comparing the 1770's and the LCD 2's, the Beyer's are not even in the same league as the LCD's, they are a completely different beast.

1770s are going back on gumtree without batting an eyelid.

All the reviews are correct and also my own personal opinion, the Audezes just play music like music should sound. So much so that even though I absolutely love my main system, I'd actually consider selling it to fund a 20k headphone setup.

But I won't.

Edited by Sime

@ from what I've been reading, a lot of people have been liking the 2's over the 3's. I heard a pair of x's the other day, very forward compared to the 2's, and I wasn't sure if I preferred the laid back 2's better.

There's a demo pair of 3's coming to the shop I bought the 2's from soon, so I'll give them a listen.

So it's either the 3's for me or focus on powering the 2's optimally.

I shifted some money around and got another Node 2 today, replaced the one on the main system with a White one (so good looking) and used the older one for a mini headphone rig for the front of the van where the recliners are, great spot to sit in the late afternoon sun in winter. That and the Chord Mojo with the LCD 2's makes a great rig.

post-151620-0-54699000-1461303636_thumb.

Looks great.

@@Sime

I picked up some bowls like your green and blue ones in Istanbul a couple of years ago...

@@Kaynin I've got a few of those, great little things they are.

@@liteneasy cheers mate, sounds great too, and I thought it was you with that avatar, then I thought, nah, then I saw the 7 warning posts lol. I've got one........

Edited by Sime

@@liteneasy best bit of kit you can get for the $$, through a good dac, you can't go wrong. Flawless system implementation. The first Node I bought was the start of all the gear in my Sig. It's one of those products that I bought at that time that made me want to improve the rest of my system.

@@Kaynin

Currently have for home Beyer T90,  Senn HD600

Out and about - Oppo PM3, Fiio EX1, Shure SE535, Hifiman RE600, Havi B Pro 1

Have flirted with getting some LCD2 headphones as I liked what they could do through a decent SS amp when I heard them - have also heard horror stories about most Audeze models regarding build quality and I think these are probably the least troublesome??  Doing some neck exercises in anticipation of the day I do..

Most owned pair - HD600 - hard to go past value and scalability wise also don't mind if the kids get their hands on it!

@@Beyer guy i.e. LCD 2's

Do it.

One day they will come - I loved the HE-6's/HE500's but the LCD2 so far have eluded me - I did audition them at Addicted to Audio but came out with the HD800 due to comfort and dac/amp combo at the time. With some appropriate padding I think I could deal with the LCD-2 comfort issues now :-)

What part of the headphones are uncomfortable to you? I've never had any issues with mine.

The best thing about these headphones is that they are more musical than analytical.

@@Beyer guy

I found they got hot fairly quickly, but I'm moving to a cooler climate so that will help in that aspect. Headband downwards pressure got fairly uncomfortable after a short while - I found them uncomfortable/hot after about 20 mins - but bear in mind I was switching from these to the HD800 and we both know which are the most comfortable between these two :-)

I had an aftermarket headband attachment for my HE-6 and these made them very comfortable and I have no doubt that this would also help a great deal for the LCD-2