Fiio X1

Previous cans include:

Sennheiser HD700

AKG Q701

Audio Technica ATH-AD700

Brainwavz HM3

In no particular order (accidentally alphabetical, actually):

AKG K702

Audio Technica ATH-AD700 (x2 - for listening with Mrs CE)

Audio Technica ATH-910PRO (can listen to these all day, a bit bassy, but perfect for work)

JVC in ear noise cancelling (for flying) - no idea of the model.

I used to have some really nice headphones. Akg K702's, MS1's, MS Pro's, Fischer Audio FA11's, Matrix M-Stage amp.. I had to sell it all to fund my wifes needed operation. I'm now getting back into it. Sennheiser HD202's, a pair of AKG K612 Pro's coming. Maybe a Bottlehead crack at some stage.

• Like 1

I have had these JBL Synchros 700 headphones for nearly 2 years and the sound and fit still leaves me smiling.

Besides its badass looks, these JBL's have a forceful bass but still have clarity in both the mids and highs.

Turning up the wick on the headphone amp to volumes nearing peak, the highs remain crisp with only a hint of any sibilance.

post-136594-0-02631400-1450601340_thumb.

For home;

Mr Speakers Alpha Dogs

Sennheiser HD600

For travel;

Bose Q20 in ear noise cancelling for flying

For out and about (and home)

Earwerkz/Empire Ears Supra 2 which I am loving as I type

Could do with an amp, only using Geek Out at the moment

Out of interest, what did you do to revise yours?

If you ever get yours repaired, its not cheap. 

Mine have rev.2 angled wooden rings and connector.

Have you compared them vs the Fazor version? 

Many moons ago yes, the Fazor version of the LCD2 is what the LCD2 should've been from day 1 when it came out, planar driver sounding goodness with a balanced tonal sound and perfect clarity (not neutral or HD800/K812/electrostat quality) but good enough.

I have a sweet spot for my LCD2 rev.1 because they have a unique mid range and reproduction of female vocals no other headphone I have owned/heard can reproduce.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm really interested in what you think of the Dharmas, really interesting headphones

@@heman_

Update on the Dharma,I ended up returning them to Addicted to Audio, basically, they didn't sound as good as the pre production model to my ears.

Big ups for a2a as they made it relatively painless, they are good to deal with Ime.

I have since been using the fostex Massdrop phone, after running it for around 70 hours, I am enjoying them immensely with electronic, folk, rock etc. They have hefty bass, with the mids and top end being very fatigue free, nice headphone for the money, I would recommend them if you are into edm etc. when they drop again.

Aaaarrrrgggggh ! Horizontal... where is Aasza !

post-104753-0-02887100-1452315700_thumb.

Edited by Ray H
  • Like 2

• 2 weeks later...