If I restricted my spending to things I do or use a lot most of life's little pleasures would be missed. I have all sorts of toys that I hardly ever use but really appreciated them when I do, home cinema is amongst the cheapest.

It all comes down to priorities. Some like travel, my wife included, but to me travel is like buying an expensive toy, using it once, and then pushing it off a cliff. Not much "value" in that as far as I am concerned but to each their own.

If you can afford it spend the money and live, I dont want to take it to the grave. The older you get the more you realise the grave is getting closer.

Hi Gill,I have done exactly that as well,projecting onto a sheet hanging in front of the plasma and loving it,still looking into a motorised A/T screen but actually happy with the sheet !!dont know why I didn't get a projector years ago as well,Yorac ,Al,and Quark pointed me in the right direction !!now to find that elusive screen
Cheers Muri

sometimes you need to spend a bit more vs hours usage to get more enjoyment. my entire set up cost about $2100 after some buy/sell for profit deals.  ( 2 subs, 8 speakers, 4 bass shakers, avr, 123" screen, benq pj, 2 rows of seating, bluray/ps3 ...) only watch 1 movie a week and game 3 hours a week. worth every cent. watching tv is lame in comparison... sorry for going off thread.

6 hours ago, gillmaverick said:

I have just installed a projector

Cool, nice setup. :)

Pretty sure though there's not an OLED projector yet and likely never will be. ;)

Roll down OLED will eventually make projection redundant.

JSmith :ninja:

20 hours ago, JSmith said:

Cool, nice setup. :)

Pretty sure though there's not an OLED projector yet and likely never will be. ;)

Roll down OLED will eventually make projection redundant.

JSmith :ninja:

Thanks Mate ,

My set up is not ideal either as surrounds are all in ceiling but there has to be some sort of compromise I guess. I got all my HT knowledge from you smart folks. Thanks to all. 

Cheers

Gill

Wow. The B6 looks amazing once set up property.. which takes a while (fun though). I installed it by myself (I'm pretty weak/stupid) so can be done alone. Easy to attach the base and just light enough/awkward enough to lift onto ya cabinet (33kgs).

True motion is so freaking ugly on all TV's and its on every single preset even the sub Presets like HDR and Dolby vision.

My only negative comment is that as of now I can't get 'imperfect inputs',  such as Foxtel, to look as good as they did but on my 60" pana plasma.

4k HDR and Dolby vision content is absolutely amazing though. Best picture I've ever seen. Much better than store displays as true motion is off!

Also some people don't know, but you can use the HDMI 2 (ARC) input as a HDMI out, of sorts if your av receiver supports it. Lucky mine did. This means I can use the built in Netflix/YouTube aps and I don't have to rely on the TV's speakers. this is a big deal as the magic remote/web iOS are great.

Fyi, I actually unplugged my ps4, xbox and PC from my AV Receiver and plugged them directly into the TV as my receiver doesnt support HDR and I couldn't seamlessly switch between inputs on my magic remote. 

I know I'm not the only B6 owner here, but I'm happy to answer any questions.

Edited by Mullins_Y2k

1 hour ago, Mullins_Y2k said:

My only negative comment is that as of now I can't get 'imperfect inputs',  such as Foxtel, to look as good as they did but on my 60" pana plasma.

I know I'm not the only B6 owner here, but I'm happy to answer any questions.

I assume your saying the motion handling is not as good as it was with the plasma with a 1080i signal.Can you describe the difference and elaborate on any artefacts you are seeing?

12 hours ago, IviewHD said:

I assume your saying the motion handling is not as good as it was with the plasma with a 1080i signal.Can you describe the difference and elaborate on any artefacts you are seeing?

I'm not great with the lingo but yes, more noticible artefacts and perhaps not quite as sharp. Not positive if it's based on motion as changing motion control makes no difference. 

It just appears to be a very unforgiving TV when it comes to average sources imo. I mean my plasma was fantastic but I expected a little more for 5 grand.. still hoping for a magical fix but unlikely.

My Surface Pro 3 running at 4k looks amazing and 1080p on xbox and PS4 are excellent too. Just a shame about Foxtel.

1080p content on Netflix looks about the same as my plasma. When it kicks into 4k it's better but nowhere near the LG promotional material. I heard Netflix is significantly compressed so makes sense.

Edited by Mullins_Y2k

Average source material looks pretty ordinary on any TV although in my experience, plasma seems to handle poor source pictures better than LDC.  Is your Foxtel sd or hd.

The change in size could also be a factor, as it's easier to notice artefacts on a larger screen.

I noticed a drop in quality going from a 50 inch Kuro to a 65 inch VT60 on SD\free to air content.

Also your old plasma may have had more "intelligent" software to perform up-scaling.

1 hour ago, Mullins_Y2k said:

My Fox is set to output at 1080i (Highest res on my box). My upgrade in size was only 5". 60"-65". 

That could be a factor in your Foxtel pq mate ; without any source direct selected on your iq and output set to 1080i any sd signal would be upscaled twice ; once to 1080i by the not so hot processor in the iq then again to uhd 4k by the much better one in the B6 ..

If the B6 could use its processing to scale  once it would help perhaps ; the plasma being 1080p you would only be upscaling once to 1080p :) Its harder for any algorithm to scale/extrapolate 576i to 4k than 2k  as well. Any 1080i channels would only have to be deinterlaced to progressive by the plasma ; no scaling at all..

Good to read your thoughts ; should look even better with a uhd player with good tone mapping to the B6'S nit level ; as the oppo looks to have ; its a lot more complicated with HDR than it was with rec709 . 

Yeah im already using passthrough. Switching to 1080i looks identical. 

Love the Tv overal. My only other gripe is that on the aussie version of the remote, they got rid of the rewind/ff buttons. Massive oversight!

You can bring them up buy pressing the remote button scrolling over then pushing FF but it's fiddly, not wife proof and takes 3 seconds rather than 0.5. this isn't an issue on Netflix as u can use the D PAD, but fox and most cable boxes will suffer from this.... 

I might buy the bloody European E6 remote if I find out that works.