My System Today

With the night off, and a day of rest tomorrow, a couple of pipes, a drop of Dimple, some of my bro's home made jerky, and my selected tracks folder....  I just can't get enough of this EV, JBL, Rotel combo.

From Flight of the Conchords, Fat Freddy's Drop, Donald Fagan, Leonard Cohen, Patricia Barber, Madeleine Peroux, Jason Mraz, Laura Marling,, Jazz at the Pawnshop, Katie Melua, BadBadNotGood to Dianna Krall, Fiona Apple, Beck and Black Sabbath.

Gotta go to bed.

IMG_2021-05-04-00-14-12-985.jpg.761066c55eb1f1f3f837f55cdb6499f7.jpg

• Like 11
  • Haha 1

9 hours ago, BuzzzFuzzz said:

With the night off, and a day of rest tomorrow, a couple of pipes, a drop of Dimple, some of my bro's home made jerky, and my selected tracks folder....  I just can't get enough of this EV, JBL, Rotel combo.

From Flight of the Conchords, Fat Freddy's Drop, Donald Fagan, Leonard Cohen, Patricia Barber, Madeleine Peroux, Jason Mraz, Laura Marling,, Jazz at the Pawnshop, Katie Melua, BadBadNotGood to Dianna Krall, Fiona Apple, Beck and Black Sabbath.

Gotta go to bed.

IMG_2021-05-04-00-14-12-985.jpg.761066c55eb1f1f3f837f55cdb6499f7.jpg

You should try Biltong in stead of Jerky 😆, ha ha.

I really enjoy your posts, thanks a lot.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Gryffles said:

No tweeters yet but the speakers were a long project for various reasons. Still no vinyl but it shouldn't be long now : )

257590841_thumbnail_Image(4).thumb.jpg.1004836a6e834798cbbc7e03a82f7d9e.jpg

I can see the little tweeter horns in the shelf screaming "put us up!"

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, dwbasement said:

I can see the little tweeter horns in the shelf screaming "put us up!"

Haha, yes Dennis. Just a matter of not enough time to make the brackets and waiting for the 3 way crossovers to arrive too. Looking for ward to it though

• Like 1

1 minute ago, tripitaka said:

Looking fantastic!

where did you buy the horns?

Thanks. They are Azura horns from Martin in WA, he makes them

Edited by Gryffles

25 minutes ago, Gryffles said:

No tweeters yet but the speakers were a long project for various reasons. Still no vinyl but it shouldn't be long now : )

257590841_thumbnail_Image(4).thumb.jpg.1004836a6e834798cbbc7e03a82f7d9e.jpg

Very nice set up,  Altec drivers and Tractrix-200 horns

What model Altec drivers are you using in the cabinets 416 or 515 ?  and the Tractrix horn?

19 minutes ago, Gryffles said:

Haha, yes Dennis. Just a matter of not enough time to make the brackets and waiting for the 3 way crossovers to arrive too. Looking for ward to it though

I am in a similar situation like you mate... i have the mid and high up but meed ro finish the project with the woofer box...currently using the full range lucky my music is not very demanding.

20210421_200523.jpg

• Like 7
  • Love 1

Just now, simo8989 said:

Very nice set up,  Altec drivers and Tractrix-200 horns

What model Altec drivers are you using in the cabinets 416 or 515 ?  and the Tractrix horn?

The Altec's are 416-8B and the horn is Azura 340. Parts came from everywhere but it was meant to be as they all turned up when needed thanks  to a few SNA peeps

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, dwbasement said:

I am in a similar situation like you mate... i have the mid and high up but meed ro finish the project with the woofer box...currently using the full range lucky my music is not very demanding.

20210421_200523.jpg

Looks very good Dennis. I'm so impressed by the bass from the Altecs and I wasn't expecting it to be honest. So detailed. 

Edited by Gryffles
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Gryffles said:

The Altec's are 416-8B and the horn is Azura 340. Parts came from everywhere but it was meant to be as they all turned up when needed thanks  to a few SNA peeps

Altec 416-8B nice driver I prefer the 416's type over the 515 for hi fi.

Whats on the horn?

2 hours ago, Stump said:

My kitchen system up and running again.

Vaf speakers Arcam Amp 

7A4F391F-D560-4124-A54F-7D92F01B7845.thumb.jpeg.4c3f272cfda559ef95aa3622c2fd36ba.jpeg

688DE722-449C-4F23-9213-28EC41ECFE7A.thumb.jpeg.7ce7cdcd60547c200f90a00d6e527b36.jpeg

Not bad for a kitchen system, what brand/model is the player in the first picture?

29 minutes ago, Willmax said:

Not bad for a kitchen system, what brand/model is the player in the first picture?

Cheers

The player is the Esoteric UX-1 out of my main system. I will get a matching Arcam CDS50 CD/SACD in the near future.Speakers work well for the small kitchen and computer room.😎

Also have a Arcam rBlink Bluetooth Receiver for Iphone songlist..

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Gryffles said:

I’ve never heard a 515. Driver is b&c DCM50.

The 515 driver is very much the same as the 416 but has more power and dosen't go as low.

B&C DCM50 very nice large format HF compression driver, I thought you may have had an Altec HF compression driver on the horn too.

Here's an old pic of my horns, old schgool custom built Altec A7 VOTT cabinets using the 416-8A driver and Jabo KH-55 horn using a Altec 288C 24Ohms HF compression driver with a pair of REL Strata II subs.

IMG_0369.JPG

• Like 12

5 minutes ago, simo8989 said:

The 515 driver is very much the same as the 416 but has more power and dosen't go as low.

B&C DCM50 very nice large format HF compression driver, I thought you may have had an Altec HF compression driver on the horn too.

Here's an old pic of my horns, old schgool custom built Altec A7 VOTT cabinets using the 416-8A driver and Jabo KH-55 horn using a Altec 288C 24Ohms HF compression driver with a pair of REL Strata II subs.

IMG_0369.JPG

Is the hound singing along to For My Love? :lol:

• Love 1

1 hour ago, simo8989 said:

IMG_0369.JPG

Thanks for the info. Looks very nice

• Like 1