Grays Online NAD sale

2 hours ago, Kaynin said:

According to JLS Electronics, NAD are changing distributors in Australia, I wonder if this auction is a result?

lenbrook appear to be taking nad over to convoy. 

http://www.stereo.net.au/news/lenbrook-aligns-nad-psb-and-bluesound-in-australia

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, gemini07 said:

Gotta love those 17.5% 'buyers premiums'! Whack that onto what you think might be a bargain and add it all up....

their auctions also if I recall have no end...ie just when you think the auction is done if someone else keeps bidding the price just keeps going up and up and up....

• Like 1

• Administrator

Convoy have indeed taken over NAD distribution in Australia.

This would be Qualifi's old stock, dumped.

Warranty: N/A

Convoy would have no obligation to honour warranty on product not supplied by them and offered for sale via authorised dealers, and I'd suggest Qualifi would have sold this to Grays "as is" with no warranty implied.

Buyer beware, I say.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, Marc said:

Convoy have indeed taken over NAD distribution in Australia.

This would be Qualifi's old stock, dumped.

Convoy would have no obligation to honour warranty on product not supplied by them and offered for sale via authorised dealers, and I'd suggest Qualifi would have sold this to Grays "as is" with no warranty implied.

Buyer beware, I say.

typically grays only act as a clearing agent(like an eBay), I cleared a factory using them. can be some huge bargains (we had some stuff worth $1.8M ended up going for $1.6k ! but with caveats. I made sure all buyers when came to pick up signed a "scrap only" document from our legal guys to make sure there was no come backs to us in liability.

in australia consumer law is that warranty is from who you buy from, I imagine  that be grays in this case ? 

though grays only offers an "extended" warranty. so a bit grey :D 

buyer beware I agree :)

33 minutes ago, Silent Screamer said:

Al what would you personally consider a reasonable price to pay (in % of RRP) for new old stock cleared through Greys / eBay with effectively no warranty?

not sure id be game SS to answer, way too many variables and things to consider in the mix. we all make our own value judgement any ways. perhaps consider what you think resale might be

I may be having a bit of buyers remorse. Recently bought a 356BEE for $700 new (w/ 3yrs warranty) because of the change in distributor, now I'm seeing the new amps come out & also this fire sale.

Oh well, I'll see how this pans out and maybe I can get myself a cheap MDC Module or separate DAC for it.

3 hours ago, :) al said:

not sure id be game SS to answer, way too many variables and things to consider in the mix. we all make our own value judgement any ways. perhaps consider what you think resale might be

Fair enough... resale value is a fairly decent indicator, so I'm thinking circa ~50% depending on what it is.

1 hour ago, Silent Screamer said:

Fair enough... resale value is a fairly decent indicator, so I'm thinking circa ~50% depending on what it is.

Also consider that if it's redundant technology or even an old model the 'resale' price could well be much less than 50%. Also, there's the unknown issue of actual condition - those photo's are not of the actual items for sale. I always try to think of how much I could get for it if I had to sell it...

9 hours ago, evil c said:

Often seem to have very generously inflated retail prices quoted to suck in buyers going above fair value.

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

Correct.  That T787 RRP$4400?  Yeah, right, more like $4,000 - and has been for at least 4 years now.  

9 hours ago, gemini07 said:

Gotta love those 17.5% 'buyers premiums'! Whack that onto what you think might be a bargain and add it all up....

I am bidding on an item there.

Here is the run down of the total fees

Cost of item

+

Buyers Premium 17.5%

+

Delivery $17 on this item

+

Handling Fee $14 on this item

+

GST (if Applicable)

39 minutes ago, Saxon Hall said:

I am bidding on an item there.

Here is the run down of the total fees

Cost of item

+

Buyers Premium 17.5%

+

Delivery $17 on this item

+

Handling Fee $14 on this item

+

GST (if Applicable)

Gee whiz, I thought Ebay was bad.

Just now, powerav said:

Gee whiz, I thought Ebay was bad.

IMO, Gray's is a complete rip off and there are rarely any really genuinely bargain buys once everything is added up. Plenty of better buys on here in the FS section

• Like 3