McIntosh Rig

And a decent lens + tripod. Do like the gear but why cram the speakers at the edges? I bet they'd sound much better with more room to "breath". I'm sure there is a story to tell. More CF behind the front than in a race car as well. All good by the looks of it

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• Like 2

Cheers. :)

Speakers are Dali Grand, Dali Grand Vocal, Dali Grand Coupe, JL F113s.

Dali Grands were released with the Megalines & were their reference line before the Euphonias were released around 2003. I've had them new since 2000. The Grands use Scanspeak drivers.

Since the photos were taken, the LR loudspeakers have been positioned much further out (approx 1m). They are toed out very slightly a few degrees. Dali loudspeakers do not like to be toed in at all.

Apologies, most of the pics were taken nearly 3 years ago, so some minor improvements to setup have been made including speaker placement. I will get to updating a few of the pics one of these days!

The R2R is a Studer A810 MKII with A820 transfoless cards (the last of 10 units ever made). It was acquired from a Canadian CBS Executive. It bests the table with the right software (i.e. Low generation tape dub).

Edited by myPal

Beautiful setup. You have obviously put a lot of thought into it. Had a second look and only then noticed the hydra's parked underneath.

I assume the denon power amp is driving your surrounds? I'm most curious about the hour meter. Great idea. Do you have any details of it?

Hi Shane... Thanks!

Yeah the Audioshark is an OK group. Resigned from AA for its over moderation and for being told not to be candid about sponsor product. The Lady got banned for being honest about why members have gone to a friendlier place.

Hi Dr Nick.... 2 x Hydra Talos, 2 x Hydra Cyclops (amps).  They sit on 10mm granite with Herbie's dots underneath.1 Cyclops offline ATM. Need more power connects! The Furutech Flux-50 inline power filters are the real performers here. ;)

The Denon POA-A1HD is a great multi-ch surround amp. Each surround channel is bi-amped. The McIntosh MC2301s drive the front 3 channels. LR & subs run off the C1000T. In HT mode, the Denon triggers the McIntosh unity passthru operation.

Edited by myPal
  • Like 1

Yeah the Audioshark is an OK group. Resigned from AA for its over moderation and for being told not to be candid about sponsor product. The Lady got banned for being honest about why members have gone to a friendlier place.

Tick...tick...tick...tick...tick...

ENM power meters. Non volatile, continue to tick when powered. So I bought a stack of the LV DC variety & hang them off trigger out ports. When the component is on, the meter measures cumulative hours powered on. Helps me keep track of the tube roll-in hours on the amps etc.  They have a resettable option now which has a shorting pad.  I suppose you could wire in a button if you need to reset.

Microphone cable, Techflex Flexo Conductive, cable pants, 3.5mm male plugs. Similar recipe used for trigger cables.

ENM%20Meter.jpg?psid=1

Edited by myPal
  • Like 2

ENM power meters. Non volatile, continue to tick when powered. So I bought a stack of the LV DC variety & hang them off trigger out ports. When the component is on, the meter measures cumulative hours powered on. Helps me keep track of the tube roll-in hours on the amps etc.  They have a resettable option now which has a shorting pad.  I suppose you could wire in a button if you need to reset.

Microphone cable, Techflex Flexo Conductive, cable pants, 3.5mm male plugs. Similar recipe used for trigger cables.

ENM%20Meter.jpg?psid=1

Love this idea. Great work.

Every time I place a digital clock anywhere near a Hifi system, the sound "changes".......

Haven't noticed anything adverse. I was conscious about shielding. The ENM metre is fully loaded with an epoxy. It cannot be opened. The cable is additionally shielded with Techflex Flexo Conductive. The triggers are operating at 5v DC. I have placed a Tri-field EM metre up to them. It's a clean solution! :)

Edited by myPal