McIntosh Rig

Very nice!!

As others have suggested, with that box count you must have a very understanding wife :)

The Lady is more into HT & Foxtel. I'd like to spend more hours listening to music.... True it's not subtle. She does like the blue meters, however.

• 2 weeks later...

Steve, that is a beautiful setup....I'm also a Mcintosh fan but my setup is nothing compared with yours mate...

I know, this could have asked before but was wondering why no Mcintosh speakers?

Really awesome, i can imagine how glorious the sound is in that room...

Arnold

Thats an awesome setup there simply amazing!!! I too have Mcintosh in my home theatre and two channel and also Vicoustics wave woods. How do you find the platinum eclipse on the Mcintosh ??

Congrats on the system again :)

Hi... Thanks again for the many compliments. Cables choice is very subjective and is a contentious topic. I am a believer that cables do make a difference in high performance systems. I have received criticism from manufacturers and brand lovers alike for being candid about my subjective experiences. Dealer margins can be lucrative in the cable market, it pays to shop around. That certainly does not mean buying on eBay, never Alibaba!!!!! You will most likely land a Chinese fake.

I have tried a few different cables in this setup. I must say I am a fan of silver wire and its ability to articulate resolution. Silver plated copper goes well with McIntosh too. McIntosh tube gear sparkles with silver & the Dali Grand articulate musical detail without ever sounding bright or fatiguing. (Use dressed Dali Silver BOA bi-wire for surrounds. German made and rebranded. No longer available.)

Wireworld Platinum Eclipse G7 are spectacular cables and are reputed to excel in McIntosh rigs. I can live happily ever after with them. However, they are not my favourite cable and I have heard better. If cost was no object, Siltech Royal Signature G7 Queen, Empress or better would be my preferred choice. Notwithstanding, the Wireworld Platinum Eclipse are up there and win out on price when compared to the premium Siltech models.

The most important cable in my system is the Platinum Eclipse XLR from pre-amps to amps. If ever I were to redeploy them, that is the cable I would swap for a Siltech Royal Signature. I have found that this stage is the most critical. Your experiences maybe different.

As for the WW Platinum Eclipse G7 loudspeaker cable, they are very rigid and given their construction, are not prone to coupled vibration travel. Highly recommended.

I use Siltech Ruby Mountain II G7 PCs on the MC2301 amplifiers. What I love about this cable is that it is totally dead. If you put an EM metre against it, you will not get a reading. :thumbsup:

Some may argue that using the same brand of cable throughout all of your looms will give you the best synergy. Some brands even market this. When categorising looms, I think this is somewhat true to a degree. Eg. Power, 2ch, multi-ch, digital. Depending on the size of your system, you can then departmentalise further down to function. Eg. Active sources or modes of operation. In the end, it comes down to what sound best to your ear and common sense prevails. For instance, you are not going to put your most expensive cable on a multi-channel amp to feed your Atmos ceiling speakers.

Another cable that I love and recommend is the Furutech Flux Silver Arrows Phone Cable. Exceptional performance after 2 weeks on a Haggerman FryBaby Phono cable burner. There aren't many phono cables that can keep up with the Silver Arrows.

Edited by myPal