Cartridge Recommendations for RP8?

I have a Rega P8 that has been running an Apheta 2 for the last 3 years.  Freak accident saw a piece of clothing catch the needle l, bending the cantilever and this basically rendering the cartridge dead. I am in the market for a new cartridge and looking for any left field ideas? My default will be an Apheta 3 as I was sublimely happy with the original set up. Some details for those who need them:

RB880 tonearm

Rega Aria pre

VTL IT-85 pre and power 

Spendor A6s speakers 

mostly Jazz, mostly piano, quartets and some big band stuff. 

If not another Apheta, what would people suggest at a similar price point?

TIA!

5 hours ago, dwbasement said:

Have heard Apheta 2 on RP8, i prefer Ortofon Jubilee better.

I had an Ortofon Black in it briefly and was very unhappy. Have run various Ortofons on other Rega tables in the past and never loved them the way I love the Apheta, but to be fair, they were all MMs, so maybe time for a revisit! Thanks.

1 hour ago, Meojay said:

I had an Ortofon Black in it briefly and was very unhappy. Have run various Ortofons on other Rega tables in the past and never loved them the way I love the Apheta, but to be fair, they were all MMs, so maybe time for a revisit! Thanks.

2m black and Jubilee....miles apart. Most decent MC will sound better than Apheta 1 and 2. Never heard 3 so can't say. Ortofon carts and rega has special Synergy, may be give the MC a try. Make sure you get something similar price range as the apheta 2 or 3.

Edited by dwbasement

15 hours ago, rantan said:

My 02.

Forget the Apheta and buy this

https://recordclean.com.au/dynavector-dv-xx2-mkii-low-output-mc-cartridge.html

You can thank me later if you can find a moment to stop listening.

+1     I have listened to one of these on an RP6 (I think it was).  Good match, great sound.