Lumin Owners and Discussion Thread

There are 8 authorised dealers listed in the Lumin website.

Since the Hong Kong AV show is on this coming weekend, traditionally, there should be good Lumin product show pricing.

Perhaps Peter can give the potential Singapore Lumin owners some advance information for them to plan to make the trip for the HK show.

(Audio)

Guest comfortablynumb

Hi guys, can recommend authorized dealer shops in Hong Kong for Lumin products with good pricing?

Sent from my Mi A1 using Tapatalk

bro thye now venturing into deeper waters.....

bro thye now venturing into deeper waters.....

No ah.. I only sit on sampan.. trying to venture to u1 mini shallow waters. thinking of replacing my Bluesound Node 2i.. not much options for good streamer with good UI app..

With a good external psu, the U1 mini will perform far beyond your expectation.  :D

No ah.. I only sit on sampan.. trying to venture to u1 mini shallow waters. thinking of replacing my Bluesound Node 2i.. not much options for good streamer with good UI app..

Hi guys, can recommend authorized dealer shops in Hong Kong for Lumin products with good pricing?

Please visit us at Hong Kong AV Show 2019.  There will be a closeout sale of Lumin A1 (Silver).

Hi All

I've been using the Lumin U1 mini as transport to a denafrip terminator dac. I have one issue which is the controll app on Android. It tends to cut out a lot when I lock my phone and reopen the app. It takes some time even up to 3- 5 over mins to sync. Some times the sync will be stable but sometimes it's not.

WiFi is stable in my house using orbis mesh router. I had to use an extender to connect with Lan cable to connect to the Lumin. Could this be the weak link? Inputs are appreciated.

Thanks!

Hi All

I've been using the Lumin U1 mini as transport to a denafrip terminator dac. I have one issue which is the controll app on Android. It tends to cut out a lot when I lock my phone and reopen the app. It takes some time even up to 3- 5 over mins to sync. Some times the sync will be stable but sometimes it's not.

WiFi is stable in my house using orbis mesh router. I had to use an extender to connect with Lan cable to connect to the Lumin. Could this be the weak link? Inputs are appreciated.

Thanks!

Nobody use the Lumin app.

Use JRiver or Roon to stream your music to the Lumin.

(Audio)

I have one issue which is the control app on Android.

If you have an iOS device, please try that.  Since Lumin players are OpenHome compliant, you may also use other OpenHome apps such as Linn Kazoo, Bubble DS Next, etc. for playback control.

Lumin app is only required for changing settings and firmware upgrade.

• 3 weeks later...

If you have an iOS device, please try that.  Since Lumin players are OpenHome compliant, you may also use other OpenHome apps such as Linn Kazoo, Bubble DS Next, etc. for playback control.

Lumin app is only required for changing settings and firmware upgrade.

Hi Wklie,

I have been using Lumin U1 Mini for past 2 weeks. I plugged a 16gb thumbbdrive directly to the Lumin as music library. It was working perfectly fine until few days ago, Lumin cannot load the files in the thumbbdrive. I tried switching off Lumin completely and on again to reload the files, but later cannot find the files again.

The Lumin app showing "sda1" and "sda2" folders, but both are empty inside.

Kindly help.

Edited: Just tried Linn Kazoo app.. cannot find the files too.. problem with my thumbbdrive?

Please unplug the USB thumb drive.  Power cycle the Lumin.  After it is booted up and shows the progress circle on the front panel, then plug in the thumb drive again.

Hi Wklie,

Thanks for the reply. I will try it later when back home from work.

Also, what is the recommendation when not using Lumin?

1. Just leave Lumin power on all the time

2. Switch off Lumin from app

3. Switch off Lumin from app and switch off from the power button at the back of the unit

Hi Wklie,

Thanks for the reply. I will try it later when back home from work.

Also, what is the recommendation when not using Lumin?

1. Just leave Lumin power on all the time

2. Switch off Lumin from app

3. Switch off Lumin from app and switch off from the power button at the back of the unit

Answer is (1) Leave Lumin on all the time and (2) switch off the Lumin display for longer life with the App.  The Lumin should then be on-standby.

(Audio)

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

• 2 weeks later...

Not sure if there are still LUMIN X1 owners that are using just the Ethernet RJ45 connection for whatever reasons.

The big jump in sound quality moving to the SFP connection truly justifies the additional cost of the X1.

I strongly encourage X1 owners to switch to SFP connection if they have not done so.  ;)

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

We have released LUMIN Firmware 12 to add the multi-room feature, which allows loosely synchronized playback of music among several LUMIN or Songcast-compatible players (e.g. Linn).

- Any LUMIN model can be a 'Receiver'

- LUMIN X1 / T2 / D2 / U1 / U1 MINI / M1 can all be 'Senders'

An interesting technical aspect of our implementation is that a LUMIN sender model can perform MQA Core decoding ("first unfold") or DSD to PCM transcoding before sending to Linn players via Songcast protocol. This is noteworthy because Linn does not support MQA, and old Linn players did not support DSD.

Usage instructions:

http://www.luminmusic.com/support-multi-room.html

A convenience switching feature is also added to LUMIN M1 for the RCA input. You may now use the LUMIN iOS app or Linn Kazoo app to switch its input to RCA. It could also be done by standby / wakeup or re-plugging in the RCA input module.

This marks 7 years of firmware upgrade since the original LUMIN (December 2012).