Lumin Owners and Discussion Thread

I also recommend QNAP SFP switch (QSW-1208-8C).  I never expected it since my unit came FOC when I purchased my QNAP NAS.  I think this is the best I encountered because I love the fact that this is a 10Gb / 1Gb switch that allows you to use both 10Gb and 1Gb SFP transceivers.

I am planning to install 10Gb NIC card in my music server and then 1Gb transceiver to Lumin.

I am still struggling with the Audiophile Optimizer 3.00 Beta 38.  Once I got it stable, i will implement the 10 Gb.  There are plenty of Intel X520 cards available on eBay and these are relatively cheap.

(Audio)

Guest comfortablynumb

No need to run in.  It sounds fabulous right out of the box,

(Audio)

Yes..... I had a good wtf punch to my senses.... I was listening straight for 2 hrs and listening to the tracks was like a 1st time

Huge n deep soundstage, unbelievable details, controlled bass

Alas, I cannot miss my dinner

Yup a X1

For now running synology minimserver via my NAS... Easy setup

Wait till you run it on a full blown PC with Audiophile Optimzer under Window Server 2019 OS.......

(Audio)

Guest comfortablynumb

Wait till you run it on a full blown PC with Audiophile Optimzer under Window Server 2019 OS.......

(Audio)

Will a I7 NUC do? I hv it next to the X1 n I can just replace the OS

Will a I7 NUC do? I hv it next to the X1 n I can just replace the OS

(1) Audiophile Optimizer 2.20 with Windows Server 2016.

Not so easy.  Go to Audiohile Optimizer and read the manual throughly for instructions.  Yes, it can be due on a NUC and you can expect good reslt....a full blown PC will be better.

(2) Easy option is the Roon Rock Software.

If i7 NUC....I recommend you buy a M2 SSD, small size will do, say 128GB install into your NUC.....and then download the Roon Rock software on a USB stick.

Plug the USB stick to your NUC and you will be able to install the Roon Rock software in seconds.  Control your new Roon server with your iPhone or iPad.

(Audio)

Can any of the Lumin models read and play SACD-ISO from my NAS?

Not natively supported using Lumin app or any OpenHome app.  However, you can use JRiver to play the SACD ISO to any Lumin player via network.

Quick question

Can any of the Lumin models read and play SACD-ISO from my NAS?

Thanks

2 ways to play SACD-ISO to the Lumin.

(1) Use JRiver as playback player on a PC, Mac or Laptop.  JRiver will recognise your SACD-ISO and play back the track as DSD format.

(2) You can install JRiver as a APP on your  QNAP NAS.  Yes, just install JRiver App on your QNAP NAS and you are ready to go.

To stream to your Lumin, you add a DLNA server in JRiver under Options.

(Audio)

2 ways to play SACD-ISO to the Lumin.

(1) Use JRiver as playback player on a PC, Mac or Laptop.  JRiver will recognise your SACD-ISO and play back the track as DSD format.

(2) You can install JRiver as a APP on your  QNAP NAS.  Yes, just install JRiver App on your QNAP NAS and you are ready to go.

To stream to your Lumin, you add a DLNA server in JRiver under Options.

(Audio)

Thanks I am on Synology...Dont seem to have Jriver

A Lumin user BlueSky shared his impressions of X1 in https://www.audioshark.org/showthread.php?t=14248&page=21&p=269022#post269022

My early impressions of moving from the S1 to the X1 are, quite literally, beyond my expectations! For me at this point in my listening career, it’s all about sound stage for and my venerable B&W N800s have literally faded from view. At times before with the S1, I could identify where the speakers were positioned with certain pieces of music even with eyes closed. With the X1, the speakers are gone and the sound field extends well to the sides of the speakers even encroaching on where the side surrounds would be if I were in 5.1 surround mode. I actually had to get up and check if I had something mis-configured just to be sure. There is also a glorious sense of height both above and below the speakers as well as depth that I was not prepared for. Astonishing!

(The material I am currently listening to is some works by Isao Tomita, a Japanese master of the synthesizer, including “Kosmos” and “The Bermuda Triangle”. I am looking forward to listening to more symphonic music later on.

Thanks I am on Synology...Dont seem to have Jriver

That is why subconciously I am leaning more to QNAP these days.  I was a hardcore Synology fan once.  QNAP seems to know they need to cather to Audiophile customers.

(Audio)