Denon AV Owners Thread

ah no curious too rich for my boots. I'm on the poverty line now since the last purchase hehe :blink:

He he, me too (well actually 'below' the poverty line more like it!)

But I'd like to pursue this, as the scaling/switching in the Denon eliminates my need for a DVDO (?) and if a suitable price can be agreed upon it becomes a much more viable option...

My think is as follows: Buy VP50 and 4308Ci and I'm up for $8,000ish or Denon A1HD if GB price is in the same ballark, with the A1HD i'm gaining in technlogy what I'm losing in amplification (which I don't need as I have power amps for everything anyway :D )

Cheers,

Curious

• Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My think is as follows: Buy VP50 and 4308Ci and I'm up for $8,000ish or Denon A1HD if GB price is in the same ballark, with the A1HD i'm gaining in technlogy what I'm losing in amplification (which I don't need as I have power amps for everything anyway :blink: )

Cheers,

Curious

Theres one other option Curious; The 5308ci will have hqv realta so no need for the vp50 scaler/processor. :D

Just to keep a tally here's the interested parties so far:

SperoD

Gino

Franin

Johnson4

Norpus

Curious (+ 1 other potential)

Al ?

CWT ?

Beejay76 ?

JohnA ?

RodN ?

Any others?

Cheers,

Curious

Very interested here! I'll buy through work tho :blink: If you guys have no luck with CAV let me know. We sell Denon also.

Very interested here! I'll buy through work tho :blink: If you guys have no luck with CAV let me know. We sell Denon also.

Thanks Nightbreed,

I think it's only fair that we tender the deal out to a few dealers, are you able to indicate a ballpark price for a Group Buy? (via PM of course :D )

Cheers,

Curious

Thanks Nightbreed,

I think it's only fair that we tender the deal out to a few dealers, are you able to indicate a ballpark price for a Group Buy? (via PM of course :blink: )

Cheers,

Curious

I don't have any prices just yet. I'll let you know shortly.

Cheers, Look forward to hearing them :blink:

Curious

Starting to get some interest for supply now, is anyone else getting feedback from their local dealers yet?

I'll PM the interested parties once I know a little more :D

Cheers,

Curious

I've not heard from anyone as yet Curious -- including CAV, despite my email.

Good luck bargaining!

Thanks, I'm quitely confident we can get this unit for a fair price...how 'fair' is where the negotiation skills will be tested :blink:

Cheers,

Curious

Thanks, I'm quitely confident we can get this unit for a fair price...how 'fair' is where the negotiation skills will be tested :blink:

Cheers,

Curious

Of course there are many ways we can calculate a fair price, as would the dealer calculate his best price

Hopefully 'fair' will end up being HK price +10% for local support/warranty +gst (IMO)

Of course there are many ways we can calculate a fair price, as would the dealer calculate his best price

Hopefully 'fair' will end up being HK price +10% for local support/warranty +gst (IMO)

If you guys are serious about a group buy on these at a good price I would ring the importer of Denon and ask to speak to the product manager fo this product [not a reseller] and put forward a case to buy direct. Sort of like 'project pricing' that someone like NEC might provide to say a large corporate buying a slew of plasma screens for their offices.

You will get a better price and get it sooner than dealing with a retailer.

This doesnt actually shut out the retailer - a nominated retailer gets a kick back on the deal usually from the importer.

If you dont get anywhere with the importer then go to a retailer and try and get them to organise project pricing in your behalf with the product manager.

Any idea yet what HK pricing will be Norpus?

Cheers,

Curious

If you guys are serious about a group buy on these at a good price I would ring the importer of Denon and ask to speak to the product manager fo this product [not a reseller] and put forward a case to buy direct. Sort of like 'project pricing' that someone like NEC might provide to say a large corporate buying a slew of plasma screens for their offices.

You will get a better price and get it sooner than dealing with a retailer.

This doesnt actually shut out the retailer - a nominated retailer gets a kick back on the deal usually from the importer.

If you dont get anywhere with the importer then go to a retailer and try and get them to organise project pricing in your behalf with the product manager.

Thanks for the input Josh,

This is good advice, I think (indirectly) this is how the interest I have received has surfaced anyhow, for the sort of price we would all be happy to pay a 'normal' retail arrangement would not be viable :D

Good to hear it articulated from a knowledgeable professional such as yourself :blink:

Cheers,

Kieran

I'd never really liked the cosmetics of the Denon's... until now. That is one seriously smooth looking bit of gear. A shame about all the etchings on the front access panel. As if you really need to see that it's Dolby Digital capable. :blink:

Looks like I have my late '08 AVR upgrade sorted!! :D

I'd never really liked the cosmetics of the Denon's... until now. That is one seriously smooth looking bit of gear. A shame about all the etchings on the front access panel. As if you really need to see that it's Dolby Digital capable. :blink:

Looks like I have my late '08 AVR upgrade sorted!! :D

This one has just gone straight to the top of my shopping list!

hmm either the 3808 or 4808 look very tasty ! like the new denon styling

Nothing on the specs that mention capability to play streaming FLAC unfortunately. Will have to wait for the official Denon release to sort that out. Was hoping I could move the squeezebox out of the "movie room" into the family room... but we will have to wait and see <_<