Currently Spinning

6 hours ago, BuzzzFuzzz said:

Agreed man.  No disaster, but it was compromised.  No Bill Ward.  For me Metal is centred around the drummer, no disrespect intended to thundering bass, riffing and shredding, just my youth as a weekend drummer.  So he is sadly missed from this one.  I saw them play in Brisbane and it was a great gig with great sound.

I don't have the high end gear, knowledge, or ears for picking up on digital compression and clipping (something I've never really concentrated on), but I can hear when something sounds bad.  Rick Rubin copped some flack for them on this production, maybe with reason, but the Record sounds pretty good to me.

I respect their return to the roots for this Album, and I like to listen to their first one coupled with this one.

It's difficult to pick my favourite Sabbath Album, but this isn't it.  I think it's a great Album though, and it does get a few spins here.

Cheers Mate,

Ant.

I didn't have to read the liner notes to realise that Bill Ward was missing. The synergy with Geezer has always enthralled, a personal hall of fame combo for me.

I saw them in Perth last year and enjoyed the occasion, but yeah.

Picking a favourite Black Sabbath album is kind of pointless, they're all great, but I am particularly fond of Sabotage, it was one of those right time and place albums from my hedonistic youth.

Cheers Ant,

Dean.

Some more Duran Duran pre-dinner (and Russell Coight! ?).....'Planet Earth' (Oz 1st pressing). A bit more bass extension on this than the Rio Japanese pressing. Nice.....

https://i.ytimg.com/vi/sC-Vha9f4Rk/maxresdefault.jpg

Edited by stevoz
  • Like 3

The best concert I've ever been to, I think it was in 1989 "Street Fighting Years Tour, when they played in Melbourne...Stunning. :sorcerer:

Simple minds-Street fighting years...IMO their best ever album, so many great songs on this ..:thumb:

DSCN1642.JPG

Edited by Bass13
  • Like 4

21 minutes ago, Dilettanteque said:

These guys are worth a listen - their early stuff anyway.  And were ripper live.

image.jpeg.a4c06aef07156285e3b9815bf8289ca2.jpeg

Anything with Glen Hansard is good.

For the  Birds

hqhDQRo.jpg?1

followed by Between Two Shores

YLgpkDM.jpg?1

• Like 5

14 hours ago, Janjuc said:

Hi @unclekanus

An underrated album.

Hey JJ,

Not underrated at my place, I really like this one! It's definitely a bit more out there than some of their earlier albums but that suits me:thumb:

I've been letting the good time roll with some Cars and then onto -

The Costello Show - King Of America

20180827_114401.thumb.jpg.b62686b89cb02b9261918af6a3446377.jpg

20180827_113821.thumb.jpg.d194fd2c67363c8f885492e53aa7a827.jpg

• Like 4