Currently Spinning

21 hours ago, Wiffle said:

I just looked this up on Tidal; f#ck yeah!!! Could easily descend into Eurovision, but then the guitar hooks are so crunchy, and the beats so compulsive, it just works; for me anyway! Thanks for the heads up!!! emoji106.png

Pleasure.

Its a bit like that. And the wide range of vocal styles really nails it too.

@Wiffle  I had Mezzanine spinning right before I put this on.... it really is an amazing album, it was the first thing I heard that got me too look outside of metal which at the of 16 or so was really all I was interested in, from there the doors blew open.

Sometimes the only option is Portishead tonight was one of those times.  :)

Portishead - Roseland NYC Live

DSC_0145.thumb.JPG.037ea6372651163288a7d3e09d9a850d.JPG

Edited by Teksiis
  • Like 3

[mention=120442]Wiffle[/mention]  I had Mezzanine spinning right before I put this on.... it really is an amazing album, it was the first thing I heard that got me too look outside of metal which at the of 16 or so was really all I was interested in, from there the doors blew open.

Sometimes the only option is Portishead tonight was one of those times.  [emoji4]

Portishead - Roseland NYC Live

DSC_0145.thumb.JPG.037ea6372651163288a7d3e09d9a850d.JPG

Alas, I have no Portishead on vinyl... [emoji17]

Stomu Yamashtas'  " THE GO SESSIONS" - a lovely reissue from the dearly departed RAVEN RECORDS. 

Along for the ride we have Steve Winwood, Al Di Meola, Michael Shrieve, Klaus Schulze, Pat Thrall, Linda Lewis, Jess Roden, Rosco Gee and strings by Paul Buckmaster.

This contains the  'GO' and ' GO TOO' plus the Live in Paris set spread across two very full discs, in a rather unusual manner as you can ascertain from the rear jacket.

Music wise, it fits into the eastern, electro, Latino funk, PROG, classical, progressive rock genre we know so well.  Dating from 1976, it is currently on repeat around these parts. The live set is particularly muscular and spacey.

Billy. 

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

• Like 4

A big day (and night) set aside for plenty of prog and vintage rock to help me cebrelate Australia Day.

Cheers and beers to you all lads.

May your day be joyous and not tarnished with any politically incorrect bullshite about whether the day should be celebrated on 26th or some other time.

AFAIC, today is the day!

app.jpg

gg.jpg

q2.jpg

st.jpg

yes.jpg

traf.jpg

bf.jpg

pf.jpg

rush.jpg

fz.jpg

kc.jpg

jt.jpg

Edited by progladyte
  • Like 6
  • Love 1

On this Australia Day 

I am spinning a beautiful CD I purchased from the ABC shop some time ago 

Recently departed but left us some great music 

Gurrumul Yunupingu 

61dS41peKAL.jpg

Edited by Full Range
  • Like 4

Elvis Presley,  Elvis For Everyone! RCA Victor ‎ LPM-3450, Mono Australia,1965.

It's the mono pressing, happy days! And it's hardly been played.

1 minute ago, scuzzii said:

Muddy waters

The dog is anxious.... 7f472540436991590d06f017f80d0e51.jpg3822430f71131cc74328d4eda139d3bd.jpg17e3923d3a5df853db31dc621e917382.jpg

Administer some Hound Dog Taylor & Howlin Wolf, that should calm him(?) down.

• Like 3