Currently Spinning

Greg, can you check the run out groove for the US black. It is supposed to have MPO, which means it is a Euro MPO pressing.  That is good.
 I have the US pressing on order.

Cheers 

Shane, all four sides have MPO hand etched in the run-out...[emoji106] Mine was ordered through CC Music. Sounds superb!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Shane, all four sides have MPO hand etched in the run-out...[emoji106] Mine was ordered through CC Music. Sounds superb!

I picked up the coloured and black copies in Hobart today. Also have one coming from amazon.de

Will see how they go. I will need to check what release the 2 from Hobart are. Suspect US. Just landed back in Syd so will check tomorrow night when playing.

Sent from my SM-G925I using Tapatalk

41 minutes ago, Hensa said:

Shane, all four sides have MPO hand etched in the run-out...emoji106.png Mine was ordered through CC Music. Sounds superb!

My copy has matrix info like this:

Side A
ST-561934 A-1 MPO RKS STERLING 161305E1/A
Side B
ST-561934 B-1 161305E2/A RKS STERLING MPO
Side C
ST-561934 C-L RE1 MPO RKS STERLING 161305E3/A
Side D
ST-561934-D-1 RKS STERLING MPO 161305E4/A

All hand etched except "STERLING" and "161305E1/A" etc were stamped. "161305E1/A" etc are the suffixes for GZ Media.

Anyone knows what this means?

Edited by Y B

Side A
Side B
Side C
Side D

All hand etched except "STERLING" and "161305E1/A" etc were stamped. "161305E1/A" etc are the suffixes for GZ Media.

I think mine's the same as yours, YB - there was a lot off stuff in the run-out and I was really just searching for the "MPO"... Truth be told, I don't really care as it it sounds amazing!

Just checked again and the only difference to yours, Max is the final number. Mine are:
S1: 159213E1/A
S2: 159213E2/A1
S3 and S4 don't have any stamped number at all but the rest is the same as 1 and 2.

51 minutes ago, Y B said:

Side A
Side B
Side C
Side D

No wonder it sounds good.  Guaranteed if it has the Ryan K. Smith of Sterling Sound touch.

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, Y B said:

Side A
Side B
Side C
Side D

As Cliff said above, mastered by Ryan K Smith of Sterling Studios.  Pressed by MPO in France.  A1 quality all the way.  That's why this sounds superb!

• Like 1

As Cliff said above, mastered by Ryan K Smith of Sterling Studios.  Pressed by MPO in France.  A1 quality all the way.  That's why this sounds superb!
 While not familiar but I am aware that Ryan Smith has cut the lacquer for RTI Mono pressing of KOB and the latest Fleet Foxes' Crack-Up (also pressed by MPO). They both sound very good. So is this US release of A Deeper Understanding, but I can't figure why there are the stamps of GZ Media on a MPO pressing?   I just want to know for my own knowledge so in the future I can make a close guess if I see this again, if someone can clear this up.

By any account it would be good to know if this is in fact a MPO or GZ pressing.

Edited by Y B

Just checked again and the only difference to yours, Max is the final number. Mine are:S1: 159213E1/A

S2: 159213E2/A1

S3 and S4 don't have any stamped number at all but the rest is the same as 1 and 2.

Interesting how they differ.

For those who wants to know. The first 6 numbers are GZ job number.

After that first alphabet is vinyl format.

E = stereo, 12", 33⅓ RPM

M = stereo, 12", 45 RPM

There are other alphabets used for 7" etc...

The side number 1, 2, 3 and 4 after the alphabet. After the stroke, the galvanised process used.

OK, it's getting into too much details now... [emoji4]

Just looking forward to receiving mine sometime soon  (TWOD - A Deeper Understanding)

Have been informed by Warner Music Australia, they are in Oz  (Limted Edition Blue Vinyl )

Have been thrashing the CD to death!!!  Fantastic Album!

Matt

21 hours ago, Hensa said:

Max, I also have the US pressing (black vinyl) as well the coke bottle clear (also US pressing I believe). Agree that the US standard version sounds superb - mine didn't need flattening or a US clean - just an rcm clean and dead quiet and great sound. Same for the coloured vinyl - couldn't pick one over the other from a sound perspective.

Hensa, what record is this? I have no idea what it is and everyone's talking about it. :)

21 minutes ago, scuzzii said:

War on drugs - deeper understanding

Sent from my SM-G925I using Tapatalk

Wow I just heard it on Roon  - Tidal and love it. Why haven't I heard of this group before? I must have been living under a rock. Just heard the first 2 tracks - Up all night and Pain and I like it. :)

Then I read the reviews and it seems the earlier album, Lost in Dreams is even better. So I tried that. It is good indeed. Now it looks like I have to buy 2 albums.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Odyssey said:

Wagonwheel Blues and Slave Ambient are good too !!! How many albums must I buy? :) They say there's Dylan and Tom Petty's influence and I have to agree but it's good, I like it.

Buy some Kurt Vile - its even better :thumb:    he used to be in the band.

• Like 1

Just received these in the mail.

The National - Sleep Well Beast

Peter Gabriel- Passion

Will give a spin later today, got to cut some grass....

Still waiting on TWOD - A deeper understanding.

The National was only released the other day....go figure.

Matt

Edited by mattd2308
  • Like 1