Currently Spinning

Barn Owl - From Our Mouths A Perpetual Light - 2006 - LP

Carlton Melton - Country Ways - 2010 - LP

@rehabitat@ popped by for a cuppa and wanted to hear some drone. I was happy to oblige with some stuff from my top shelf. For fans of 'Hash Jar Tempo' style wigouts. ;)

Cheers,

Leigh

Top shelf drone you say?  Might have to check it out then.

• Like 1

post-110730-0-74594500-1430009169_thumb.

Brian Jonestown Massacre - Give It Back - 1997 - 2LP

Time to rock, after a nice morning of chamber music!

Super-sonic is my favourite track here. Another great BJM album. I'm not far off owning them all on LP now...

Cheers,

Leigh

• Like 3

Got rid of Aqualung as it seemed a bit creepy these days :lol:  But still have other Tull LPs

post-105164-0-39967300-1430016267_thumb.

Edited by ortofun

Don't know how this album slipped under the radar. Not especially a Willie Nelson fan, but the fact that it features Emmylou Harris on 11 of the 14 tracks, and Daniel Lanois is in the production chair, made me think it might be pretty darn good.

And indeed it is, have been listening to it on Spotify.

It apparently had it's first ever release on vinyl for RSD, on the Light In The Attic label, spread over 2 records.

Now to find one. :)

post-103759-0-65369800-1430032058_thumb.

• Like 4

Don't know how this album slipped under the radar. Not especially a Willie Nelson fan, but the fact that it features Emmylou Harris on 11 of the 14 tracks, and Daniel Lanois is in the production chair, made me think it might be pretty darn good.

And indeed it is, have been listening to it on Spotify.

It apparently had it's first ever release on vinyl for RSD, on the Light In The Attic label, spread over 2 records.

Now to find one. :)

Chris

they seem to be going for $60 and upwards currently.     Surely a standard release must be coming as Gold vinyl is not my preference :D

Gotta admit I grew up on Deep Purple being "Made in Japan" , Space Trucking etc etc, so hearing the psychedelic around 10 years ago was a bit of shock.  in a good way :)

deep_book_of.jpg

• Like 2

Sunday evening tunes from a talented Aussie singer songwriter - love these acoustic versions

The April Sun cover has great dynamics

post-105554-0-01311200-1430036439_thumb.

• Like 2

jane_weaver.jpg

Jane Weaver    Jane_Weaver_-_The_Silver_Globe_141390599

Have posted the same pic and album previously  but...this is what's playing at the mo.

Red wine and a melancholy sunset does that to you.

• Like 2

Felt like some SGM today.  And it was just what I needed.  I really need to get their live shows off my old computer too. The live versions got me back into them after a brief period of not listening.  Pity I never got the chance to see them live, would have been very cool.

cover_223481842011_r.jpg

Then.  Well, how to follow that?  Okay, why not?

original_460.jpg?itok=oyupdnFn

Damn that's a good album.  

Except I couldn't think of anything trippy enough to follow it.  :(

So I went with pomp.

BlackHolesCover.jpg

And then to continue the err, spacey kind of theme, Spacehog.  Although this wasn't really what I felt like.  But still, enough moments to still be okay.  For some reason I do like that hidden ending.

61kkodBYuaL._SY300_.jpg

So what the hell do you play after Sgt Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band?  I need some more trippy music in my collection.  :(

Actually, maybe @@ferchersan was onto something with The Brian Jonestown Massacre.  Bring Me The Head Of Paul McCartney On Heather Mill's Wooden Peg  will do nicely.  Followed by...

Who_Killed_Sgt._Pepper.jpg

How's that for a segue?  :D

• Like 3

So what the hell do you play after Sgt Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band?  I need some more trippy music in my collection.   :(

I'd go with The Mothers Of Invention "We're only In It For The Money"...

post-110730-0-03788400-1430038039_thumb.

Cheers,

Leigh

• Like 2

@@Monk

Nice one mate. :thumb:

What's the third album you spun?

Who Killed Sgt Pepper is one of the few BJM albums I don't own (yet).

Haven't heard Spacehog in years... I bought the CD when it came out.

Cheers,

Leigh

Leigh, 

The 3rd album is Muse - Black Holes & Revelations.

Currently spinning Anna Calvi's debut album.  A ripper!

• Like 2

@@Monk

Nice one mate. :thumb:

What's the third album you spun?

Who Killed Sgt Pepper is one of the few BJM albums I don't own (yet).

Haven't heard Spacehog in years... I bought the CD when it came out.

Cheers,

Leigh

Muse - Black Holes and Revelations.

I don't seem to like everything I've heard of BJM, but there's certainly some appealing stuff in their catalogue.

I should track down some of Spacehogs other albums too.  Can't say I remember hearing anything from them not off Resident Alien to be honest.

I'd go with The Mothers Of Invention "We're only In It For The Money"...

Cheers,

Leigh

Haha, cool.

Only got the one Mothers album (The Grand Wazoo).  So I guess I'll add this one to the list of music I need to buy... Actually, for that matter, I need more Zappa too.

Damn you!  :P

• Like 1

To Top