Currently Spinning

Been moving between the study and the lounge.

Dave Gilmour's debut solo lp. 

58a010c5d84fe_gilmour(1).thumb.jpg.48b7b4666ed6240b7cd55ed51dc06356.jpg

Golden Earring-NorthEastWestSouth

NEWS.thumb.jpg.7815b0cd0bc0b2e8eb9ecad39036a149.jpg

Alan Parson's Project-Gaudi. An overlooked album of his, one of my favourites.

Gaudi.thumb.jpg.b57ff6f8dd552c8c3e0681f2a22735bd.jpg

Mike Oldfield-Tubular Bells III. A Rhino re-issue of a previously CD only album. Don't bother, the cd is significantly better, the same as the other Warner era Oldfields that Rhino did. No top end, muddy bottom end, flat sounding.

TBIII.thumb.jpg.d7c5411798fb3d95d1211c4549581d55.jpg

• Like 4

Some Depeche Mode in anticipation of their new album next week.

Pelican – The Fire In Our Throats Will Beckon The Thaw.  Have a feeling I will be playing all their albums over the next week :thumb:

32725856341_d843f38199_b.jpg

32699401362_5d321c0bcf_b.jpg

Edited by Metamatic
  • Like 3

Roy Orbison sings Hallmark C.1965 & The big O. Monument/Summit 1970. Listening to Roy sing Domino (Roy Orbison sings), instantly reminded me of the Alan Vega (Suicide front man), who was influenced by rockers like Roy, Elvis, Jerry Lee Lewis etc. Alan was another of the rock legends we lost in 2016.

DSCN0754.JPG

DSCN0755.JPG

Edited by jazzdog@groovemasters
  • Like 7

Recovering today from a very big day and night at Hope Estate - James Taylor concert, With Bernard Fanning.  Fanning stole the show in my opinion.  Played a mix of old and new stuff which was well received by the crowd.

Anyway,  as I'm working on getting back to being a human by some time today.  Early day..

Playing something different.  Has sat unopened for about a year....   I'm loading a few CDs onto the PC and decided to play this one.

Really different for Harry - some R&B, some 70's style songs as well.  Lots of guitar and really cruisey tunes.  1st impressions are its going to be played on high rotation.  Really enjoyed it.  Not a big Harry fan but this is a fantastic CD.

Harry Connick Jr - That would be me

81SCHUJZ6sL._SX522_.jpg

41CNB4zfrkL.jpg

41 minutes ago, Bass13 said:

Was in JB yesterday, couldn't help myself...and bought an LP ....Portishead ,Dummy...sounds pretty good...not sure how it compares to the US<>UK pressings..

P-D.jpg

Does your version have "It's A Fire" included?

I purchased the Simply Vinyl version of this album about a decade ago, and was pissed off to find the best track on the album (IMO) had been left off.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, soundfan said:

I purchased the Simply Vinyl version of this album about a decade ago, and was pissed off to find the best track on the album (IMO) had been left off.

Hmmm...No

20170214_102542.jpg

58a2a2f23b4de_DAngelo_BM.jpeg.a6ea4359e95161e7612095efbf3f2966.jpeg

D'Angelo & the Vanguard - Black Messiah (2014)

AlGreen_Belle.jpeg.7be3d3de0b910107451cc933df030fb1.jpeg

Al Green - The Belle Album (1977)

Listening to the D'Angelo album something about its dragging pulse reminded me of Al Green's groove on 'Georgia Boy'. So it's on to The Belle Album.

• Like 2

Abit of home maintenance today.  Paint brush in hand was a grand time to don the headphones and zone out.

Frank Marino - Eye of the Storm.

Jethro Tull - Stormwatch

Fish - 13th Star

Porcupine Tree - Fear of a Blank Planet

Buddy Guy - Sweet Tea.

Some damn fine paintin' tunes in that lot.  :thumb::thumb: 

Regards Cazzesman

Edited by cazzesman

8 hours ago, soundfan said:

The original UK pressing which I have, never had " Its a Fire " on it.   So don't be too hard on Simply Vinyl :D

It was only ever on the cd.

A bit like The Smiths - Meat is Murder. Original UK pressing/release did not have How Soon Is Now on it.

Edited by Metamatic
  • Like 3

9 minutes ago, Metamatic said:

The original UK pressing which I have, never had " Its a Fire " on it.   So don't be too hard on Simply Vinyl :D

It was only ever on the cd.

A bit like The Smiths - Meat is Murder. Original UK pressing/release did not have How Soon Is Now on it.

I think we could easily make a list a hell of a lot longer than your arm of records that didn't have the same amount of tracks as the CD. Oddly enough it's now records that get the bonus tracks on.

• Like 1

To Top