Currently Spinning

Godspeed You! Black Emperor* ‎– 'Allelujah! Don't Bend Ascend

Just arrived. Plays OK, but the cantilever aint half looking like its on a rollercoaster. Will try the Vinylflat before asking for a replacement.

R-3917263-1349274223-2480.jpeg.jpg

Chet Faker - BUILT ON GLASS, clear vinyl

R-5589550-1397744125-1213.jpeg.jpg

Caribou - OUR LOVE

R-6148737-1416258559-1366.jpeg.jpg

Edited by Citroen
  • Like 5

Kasey isn't my usual cup of tea but the addition of this bloke seems to have limited the excesses of nasally honk Kasey is reknown for:

51gPKLCulxL.jpg

This disc does seem to be mixed hot as Hades for some reason though.

• Like 1

Kasey isn't my usual cup of tea but the addition of this bloke seems to have limited the excesses of nasally honk Kasey is reknown for:

51gPKLCulxL.jpg

Possibly the best country music record made in Australia

Their second one is nearly as good

• Like 1

Shouldnt of played this for the first time just after mucking around with the record player.

attachicon.gifbjork.JPG

Why's that Paul?

Kicking back with Jimbo, Ray and Robbie.

L.A.-Woman1.jpg

From the Infinite box set.  Goddamn this sounds good!  Hope the neighbours enjoy The Doors as much as I do.  Thankfully, they seem to have similar musical tastes to me and I get away with murder in an apartment.    :thumb:  Definitely a desert island record for me - I can't think how many times I've listened to this record, but there would have to be two zero's in that number at the very least.

• Like 8

51gPKLCulxL.jpg

That bloke, her husband has brought something new to Kaseys music, they make a fantastic duo. Its available on record too.

Hated the second album but maybe I am due to give it another go.

Why's that Paul?

B e c a u s e  s h e  s i n g s  l i k e  a  4 5  o n  3 3 ........which is ok once I checked the rotation speed was correct.

Played LA woman the other week for the first time in ages, never noticed Jim voicing over raiders on the storm before....spooky.

• Like 1

B e c a u s e  s h e  s i n g s  l i k e  a  4 5  o n  3 3 ........which is ok once I checked the rotation speed was correct.

Played LA woman the other week for the first time in ages, never noticed Jim voicing over raiders on the storm before....spooky.

Ha..... thats cause it is a 45 recording......Im an idiot. Haven't heard it before and doesn't say anywhere on the record......maybe its better at 33. :P

Youn Sun Nah -VOYAGE lp

A very pleasant easy listen, great way to wind down after a stressful day at the millstone. Stunning vocals, beautifully recorded!

post-138459-0-61051500-1461914987_thumb.

Charles Lloyd - WILD MAN DANCE LP

Classic Lloyd. Nothing too challenging, but all the sophistication and musicianship you could want from Charles.

post-138459-0-92308800-1461915002_thumb.

• Like 4

post-150418-0-78114000-1461920339_thumb.

A nice way to kick off some Friday night listening. I think your ears (and brain) need something like this to limber up with. It kind of gets them ready for pretty much anything else you might play.

Cheers,

Jason.

• Like 2