Currently Spinning

Streaming via the spotifies today:

51Q3WHisohL._SS280.jpg61y33RVLn0L._SS280.jpg51mKLkcsykL._SS280.jpg

Plini - The End Of Everything -- instrumental EP from Aussie artist, sounding like Genesis meets Satriani meets Chick Corea. It's got proggy bits, jazzy bits, and shreddy bits. Gunna have to check out the other EPs.

Caligula's Horse - Moments From Ephemeral City -- another Aussie troupe, mixing rawk, metal and prog. Heavy guitars and mellotron. What's not to love?

Tesseract - Polaris -- UK lads, getting the wraps lately. It's all suitably technical and djenty, but the songcraft here seems stuck in a rut: every song is basically noodling - heavy - heavy - noodling. The production doesn't help either, with its low dynamic range and vocals pushed back a bit too far. Was kinda hoping for better.

All these acts are playing at The Zoo on Wednesday night. I'm thinking about going just for the support acts. Maybe Tesseract are a much better live than the CD listening experience, and I'm sure there'll be plenty of musicians in the audience geeking out over the guitar wizardry on stage.

--Geoff 

Edited by hired goon
  • Like 2

There must be amillion lost vinyl stories. Looks like I have another couple of hundred to spend to get original Hard-Ons cuts I had before my story happened.

Let me know if you have multiples of any you'd like to exchange for dough!

Just listening to Keys to Ascension as I read this post...

Hi All

Have listened to these silver discs today:

31K7DFXGKML._SX300_.jpg he-will-have-his-way.jpg

Then went out to purchase the following vinyl as in Melbourne before heading home after 3 weeks:

cover_3328182512008.JPG 61PY%2BJ1MF-L._SY300_.jpg gilmour1.jpg

JJ