Currently Spinning

rupert_hine-the_wildest_wish_to_fly.jpg

A bonus on this great album is listening to an undiscovered Robert Palmer doing vocals

Edit: Oh! and also the title track is just so good :)

Luc I agree, excellent album from Rupert. I might pull out my copy and give it a spin tonight .

But gotta burst your bubble on an "undiscovered Robert Palmer"  Robert Palmer had 7 albums out before he did guest vocals on Rupert's album and multiple singles - including Bad Case For loving You, Every Kinda of people, Johny and Mary, Some guys have all the Luck.   He was a lot bigger recording artist than Rupert ever was and just got bigger a couple of years later with Addicted to Love and those sexy as girls in the film clip.

the reason why Robert Palmer sang on Rupert's album was because Hine was in the studio playing and producing Palmers Pride album at the same time.

cheers

Edited by metal beat

Couldn't find my old Simon and Garfunkel collection, so I popped by JB HiFi to have a look. $9.99 for the essential collection.

The_Essential_Simon_Q_Garfunkel.jpg

I currently have the first track on the first CD spinning after it has been ripped. Used dBpoweramp with PerfectTunes, into lossless FLAC.

JRiver > X-Sabre > Schiit Lyr > Beyer T1 / Q701 / ATHW3000anv / LCD3 non fazor

Now, the first track, Sound of Silence, the electric guitar just seems very harsh and unpolished. I love this song, but I don't believe they sounded like that from my older CDs. Horrid. The only headphone that played it well is the ATHW3000anv, however those headphones are not very well regarded for transparency. 

It's a shame. That is one of my all time favourite songs.

Man, shame alright, I have an early LP.

I think a lot of these CD reissues fall down where SQ is concerned (maybe reissues in general), be interesting to compare to the original CD directly if it turns up :cool:

Finally the rest of the house is up :D

Its now music time, And to start the day of im putting on Pearl Jams Backspacer on vinyl

Although its a short running album,i think around 35 Mins-Its a good all round album from the Jam .

post-142144-0-83479400-1408753751.png

Clutch-Earth-Rocker.jpg

Clutch - Earth Rocker (The big black disc)

I'm a War Monger baby!

I never thought the Verity Audio Finn would play rock, i had them picked as an acoustic only sort of speaker. Pays to have an audition, the best rock speaker i've had through the system

The Jezabels - Prisoner double LP...

a night in with the gals.... beautiful. Forum recommendation which actually resonated with me. Who would have thought?...   ;)

I just finished watching the final episode of season 4 of the US version of The Killing.   The jezabels had the final song of the show as the camera faded to black.   The song was Peace of Mind.      Never heard their stuff before but I was impressed enough to research them.  I plan to source some CD's now. :thumb:

Regards Cazzesman

Edited by cazzesman
  • Like 1

Absolutely Loving this recent purchase of mine. Have noticed that this group has been mentioned a few times on this site. Got it spinning right now. Just what the Dr ordered.

I've heard the whole album through twice, and the single ad-infinitum in its remixed dance form on commercial radio.

Just didn't grab me, though I love looking at her, and the single is damn fine just as it is/was.

Need a 3rd listen perhaps....