4k player for Atmos

Oh gee not exactly wanting to retract my above statement but one of the 4k iTunes movies I was looking at suddenly today lost 4k . 2012.

So if I had bought it yesterday when it was 4k, suddenly today I'd have just 1080p? Are you kidding? I don't have this issue with UHDs. Xxxx this whole steaming universe. To me I want physical media or at least digital DOWNLOADS of FIXED SPECIFICATION THAT WILL NOT CHANGE, I want to know what I actually own. It is bad enough having to deal  with service level degradation. But actually dropping the specs of something in your library to a lower format? What a xxxxing joke.

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, Mobe1969 said:

So if I had bought it yesterday when it was 4k, suddenly today I'd have just 1080p? Are you kidding? I don't have this issue with UHDs. Xxxx this whole steaming universe. To me I want physical media or at least digital DOWNLOADS of FIXED SPECIFICATION THAT WILL NOT CHANGE, I want to know what I actually own. It is bad enough having to deal  with service level degradation. But actually dropping the specs of something in your library to a lower format? What a xxxxing joke.

Sounds like something you could take to the ACCC as they have changed the terms of the contract Mobe for those affected . I wonder too how long before they restore the bandwidth taken because of covid if they in fact do ? I get the impression this slowdown wasnt implemented in the US from some comments @ avs B) 

2 hours ago, Mobe1969 said:

Oh gee not exactly wanting to retract my above statement but one of the 4k iTunes movies I was looking at suddenly today lost 4k . 2012.

I may be wrong but I fear that purchasing blu rays is going to go like video stores.

As the masses who might not care about 4k or Atmos migrate to streaming stores will be less likely to stock.

Hope I'm wrong. 

14 hours ago, Mobe1969 said:

I have some titles I bought on iTunes. The audio notes say Dolby Atmos, but they refuse to play anything more than 5.1 or 7.1. So frustrating!