General Headphone Chat

3 minutes ago, Odyssey said:

SP200 volume pot is high treason.

Channel imbalance can be very problematic with sensitive headphones.

And especially IEMs.

So the SH-9 is really a great allrounder. For balanced output, there's the SP400 with same resister ladder volume control.

Both have similar volume control to the much more expensive Benchmark HPA4...

I can host.

Have space to setup and host at least 10-15 ppl.

, with plenty of parking on my premises.

Need to buy those foldable portable Bunnings tables or if someone’s got any in Sydney , get em along.

I have one.

Edited by peppy
  • Like 1
  • Love 1

11 minutes ago, peppy said:

I can host.

Have space to setup and host at least 10-15 ppl.

, with plenty of parking on my premises.

Need to buy those foldable portable Bunnings tables or if someone’s got any in Sydney , get em along.

I have one.

Excellent Peppy. We'll have KFC.

6 minutes ago, xtiva2000 said:

Oh please count me in.. don't have good gear but willing to try some amazing gears you guys have...  

Actually I have good speaker Peppy ;)

You have Holo Spring and Phonitor X and soon La Figaro 339. ?

Hugo can come along and bring his truck full of gear. @hardinge 

Edited by Odyssey

7 minutes ago, Odyssey said:

Excellent Peppy. We'll have KFC.

You have Holo Spring and Phonitor X and soon La Figaro 339. ?

Hugo can come along and bring his truck full of gear. @hardinge 

1. Peppy will cook. Don't worry.

2. Make sure Hugo gets there early. He likes to spend about 4 hours setting up and swapping cables :P

1 minute ago, Odyssey said:

I want to eat chicken biryani @peppy

Don’t know how to cook biryani :(

The part of the world I come from , rice is a delicacy.

Talk tandoori chicken , (charcoal) kebabs , whisky , rum , beer and you sorted ! :)

4 minutes ago, xtiva2000 said:

Oh yeah can't wait for it... to try my new Mullard tube :)

Mullard 6080? I got them too recently and there my favourite so far, however just received the Bendix 6080WB from the very kind @BlueOceanBoy this morning so will be putting that through its paces and doing some comparisons. Also received the RCA 6as7g too.

@Odyssey is there any issues with me swapping tubes while their hot still (besides obviously the risk of burning my hands)? Like any potential risk of damage to the tubes or amp by doing that?

I have been waiting for tubes to cool down before I swap em in or out, but that just takes too long and makes it bit difficult to do comparisons between tubes.

3 minutes ago, peppy said:

Don’t know how to cook biryani :(

The part of the world I come from , rice is a delicacy.

Talk tandoori chicken , (charcoal) kebabs , whisky , rum , beer and you sorted ! :)

Pretty sure Sydney has rice Peppy.

• Haha 1

Peppy with those food I can't wait. ?

@bruc3 unfortunately you have to wait for the tubes to cool down. Even after the amp is power off, there's still charge there that can give you a shock if you make contact. So let it discharge fully and cool down. What is the rush. The brain have great retention for a long time. ?

Bendix 6080wb especially takes a much longer time to warm up and to cool down. You are fortunate to get that pair. It's a steal. Don't sell it and if you must, I'll buy it from you.

Edited by Odyssey
  • Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, bruc3 said:

If there is a Sydney meet, count me in, unfortunately I dont think I have any gear to offer that others dont already have, so will just be there to leech of other peoples gear :P

@Bengineer @BlueOceanBoy you boys need to make a trip to Sydney (the best City in Australia).

I'm not travelling to Sydney to see Neil.

• Haha 1

27 minutes ago, bruc3 said:

Mullard 6080? I got them too recently and there my favourite so far, however just received the Bendix 6080WB from the very kind @BlueOceanBoy this morning so will be putting that through its paces and doing some comparisons. Also received the RCA 6as7g too.

Yeah Odyssey told me to get them as it was $100 for pair delivered from eBay :) never had tube so still learning but yeah this is going to expensive hobby, which was already expensive 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, xtiva2000 said:

Yeah Odyssey told me to get them as it was $100 for pair delivered from eBay :) never had tube so still learning but yeah this is going to expensive hobby, which was already expensive 

Ah lucky you, thats  a great price. I paid bit more than $170 for my pair, got too impatient to wait for a deal.

Spend some time with the Mullards and let us know how you feel about them and what kind of sound you want to go for, as to me the Mullards are very detailed, airy and has good soundstage.

4 minutes ago, bruc3 said:

Ah lucky you, thats  a great price. I paid bit more than $170 for my pair, got too impatient to wait for a deal.

Spend some time with the Mullards and let us know how you feel about them and what kind of sound you want to go for, as to me the Mullards are very detailed, airy and has good soundstage

Oh yeah I wouldn't know if it was cheap or not but trusted @Odyssey... 

seller is selling same one for $170 now.....

Yeah will try.. what i am looking for is detail and sound stage, width and depth...... current head amp, has great sound stage for solid state amp... so hopefully it will have much better width and depth.. may be not as good as Odyssey's WA22, with Tungsol,  but hope LF with Mullards  is close to it..

Edited by xtiva2000
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, xtiva2000 said:

Yeah will try.. what i am looking for is detail and sound stage, width and depth...... current head amp, has great sound stage for solid state amp... so hopefully it will have much better width and depth.. may be not as good as Odyssey's WA22, with Tungsol,  but hope LF with Mullards  is close to it..

You compare LF339 and Wa22 at my place when the amp comes. Will set it up with good tubes for both. FWIW, I prefer LF339 over Wa22 because there's more punch and energy from LF339.

I can certainly vouch for @peppy’s house being the best home for a meet. Lots of space to layout gear and mingle. 

If we are seriously looking to do this soon, I’ll join with Anu in setting this up properly. Hiring tables, arranging power, etc. 

I spend every second weekend there anyway (so I can also vouch for the mans cooking!) ? 

1 minute ago, hardinge said:

I'm in! Is a date set yet? 

And I've got Roon endpoints coming out of my ears. Always useful at a meetup. 

We need restrictions to be lifted first. ?

.... and bring along some goodies. Let me see... what do I want to hear....  Abyss ab 1266 phi TC with Formula S + Powerman ?