Post Pictures Of Your Headphone Setup

The Denafrips Aries II has been in the system over the last weeks. Thanks Dacmanaudio for generously allowing me to listen to this in my own setup. The Denafrips is a lovely DAC and the THX AAA 789 just keeps giving as the source gets better. 

F7A9FF43-C66A-4D7A-B2B7-FA6B08929DC8.thumb.jpeg.3682673f8e013fa3ad1716fe23b27a16.jpeg

• Like 2

3 hours ago, AlurkA said:

The Denafrips Aries II has been in the system over the last weeks. Thanks Dacmanaudio for generously allowing me to listen to this in my own setup. The Denafrips is a lovely DAC and the THX AAA 789 just keeps giving as the source gets better. 

F7A9FF43-C66A-4D7A-B2B7-FA6B08929DC8.thumb.jpeg.3682673f8e013fa3ad1716fe23b27a16.jpeg

I have owned both and I think they will complement each other extremely well. THX789 certainly benefits from a slightly more forgiving DAC and the Ares2 is an awesome option in that bracket.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Mightygrey said:

Current lock-down oasis. 

PSX_20210710_180210.jpg

That collection should keep you going for a while.  Almost requires a random gear pairing generator to figure what to listen to each day. 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Ccollins said:

@Mightygreyyou mentioned your chair  from ikea either here or headfi recently

How long have you had the it/him/her and how do you find the chair?

No complaints whatsoever - it's more on the 'plush' side rather than being hugely ergonomic, but it's great for both relaxed listening and work. 

8 minutes ago, Mightygrey said:

No complaints whatsoever - it's more on the 'plush' side rather than being hugely ergonomic, but it's great for both relaxed listening and work. 

Cheers

Is it newish? Have you had it for a while?

Curious about how long the plushness might last.

39 minutes ago, Ccollins said:

Cheers

Is it newish? Have you had it for a while?

Curious about how long the plushness might last.

It's about 12 months old, still as good as the day it left the flat-pack box. 

• Haha 1

On 7/11/2021 at 11:29 AM, BlueOceanBoy said:

Seriously great stuff. How do you find the Rupert Neve? Haven't seen anyone with one on the forums.

Expectedly, it's pretty great. Bloody expensive for something without a remote though. 

On 7/12/2021 at 11:44 AM, twofires said:

Pretty dang impressive. What's the go to headphone for that FNM album? 

Focal Clear. 

• Like 3

My foray into this rabbit hole.  After getting a taste through Topping DX7Pro and Focal Clear MGs have two systems:

• Desk has Burson 3X Performance, mostly connected to Clears - a combination that I could listen to all day and night.
  • Lounge has Topping D70s and A90.  A90 amp has analogue inputs straight from phono stage, and also Roon endpoint via D70s.  I found the D70s a little warmer than the D90 I tried and more suited to the Utopias it is mostly paired with. 

Both sound great, and looking forward to some more lengthy listening to headphones through both front ends.

Also note I thought about the direct import route for ChiFi components - but glad I didn't as one was DOA.  Credit to A2A - took it back to them 10:30am on a Saturday and had replacement from their warehouse by 12.  Happy to pay a premium for that.

Gibbo

IMG20210715160337.jpg

IMG20210715161535.jpg

IMG20210715155634.jpg

Edited by gibbo9000
  • Like 5

1 hour ago, rzy6cn said:

Just got mine setup ready. Looking for a HE90 + HEV90 and a decent amp for my dynamics.

__DSC7555_38402160.thumb.jpg.978359e5f9f5bab660bf3b405a79fb50.jpg

Is the chair as good as it's meant to be? Almost bought one,nwondering if I should.

59 minutes ago, Bengineer said:

Is the chair as good as it's meant to be? Almost bought one,nwondering if I should.

I could replace anything you see in the picture. But not the Chair.

• Haha 1

14 minutes ago, deafenears said:

You all heard it here first, next up on @Bengineer's shootout are office chairs.

Ha.

I've already tried it. Just second guess myself wether it would be worth it.

You loosen it, sit, and then tighten it and it moulds to your spine. Hunch and all.

• Haha 2

13 hours ago, Bengineer said:

Ha.

I've already tried it. Just second guess myself wether it would be worth it.

You loosen it, sit, and then tighten it and it moulds to your spine. Hunch and all.

The only demerit is lack of support to your head. Unlike AERON, you can't even add a compatible headrest to Embody due to its unique design.

Other than that, it is perfect. I had it since 2011, bought from US, and overhauled for twice, for free. It still has 2 year warranty left. I think I've spent around $1200 AUD on the chain including shipping to Australia.

You would not feel advantage until you sit a few hours on it. But once you get used to it, you can't leave it.

I've bought a COSM from Australian Distributor. Just want to try new designs. But I will definitely recommend Embody to everyone who want to get a Ergonomics Chair.