Post Pictures Of Your Headphone Setup

^ those playstation things are hideous....

Oh burn.... I just got them yesterday and already i'm shut down haha. nah I love em to bits, been waiting a while to save up for them. They do a wonderful job for gaming and they match my PS4 and PS Vita colour scheme perfectly hehe. You've got a really nice set of HD600s, they look very impressive indeed!

If it's a headphone, then it is allowable here.  :cool:

Yay haha. Thanks :) I guess as long as technically a Headset is a headphone.. haha

Edited by MKSOUND_HT

The amp is a 1970 Pioneer SA-500 that I was gifted by another SNA member.

It is 13 watts per channel into 8 ohms as far as I can remember.

Has a very sweet sound, especially with female vocals.

The other components are AKG Q701 circa 2014 and MA Monitor One circa 1995.

The DAC is a 5v ebay cheapo special modified to run from the USB power, so no need for an extra mains pack, my Motherboard has a dedicated PSU for 4 USB ports for audio.

EDIT: Speaker wire is from a cat5e cable I had lying around.

Edited by Batty
  • Like 1

I do most of listening at my desk, with Windows 7 PC with foobar2000 as my source. About 70% would be with speakers, but the remaining 30% also get a lot of my attention. Here's the overall view:

_K5_2140_zpsuvsx9bsz.jpg

The Audio-gd NFB-5 that can be spotted on the left side has been put to better use by my son. No regrets on my side however.

Lynx Hilo is the main workhorse in this setup:

_K5_2134_zps2n0kfiuf.jpg

It's main role in my setup is a DAC, but it handles several more responsibilities.

I use as a preamp for my speakers, as a mixer for Windows sounds (Toslink) and my audio player (USB), and for occasional recording duties.

Here's the business end:

_K5_2133_zpsugzt2vrm.jpg

Although Hilo sports also a reasonably capable headphone amp, that duty has been delegated to V281:

_K5_2117_zpso2q9lobu.jpg

I run all my headphones balanced. The collection is rather moderate:

_K5_2132_zpsyhpkxmaz.jpg

I recently added ETHER to this setup, but haven't got any pictures yet.

• Like 7

Thought I'd post up a few more Bottlehead Crack piccies.

I had stained it Black 2 weekends ago, but didnt really like it that much. Started to sand it back, and loved how it looked. Finished with a few coats of varnish.

BC1_zpskh8wzfla.png

BC3_zpstuikuj2r.png

BC2_zps22ujpcas.png

I love this amp in combo with HD600 cans, a match made in heaven.

Am patiently awaiting a 6SN7 to 12AU7 adapter to come from the states, will roll in a few 6SN7 tubes to see how they sound. Also waiting for a 1958 long plates/angled getter Valvo ECC82 tube to arrive

• Like 5

I do most of listening at my desk, with Windows 7 PC with foobar2000 as my source. About 70% would be with speakers, but the remaining 30% also get a lot of my attention. Here's the overall view:

_K5_2140_zpsuvsx9bsz.jpg

The Audio-gd NFB-5 that can be spotted on the left side has been put to better use by my son. No regrets on my side however.

Lynx Hilo is the main workhorse in this setup:

_K5_2134_zps2n0kfiuf.jpg

It's main role in my setup is a DAC, but it handles several more responsibilities.

I use as a preamp for my speakers, as a mixer for Windows sounds (Toslink) and my audio player (USB), and for occasional recording duties.

Here's the business end:

_K5_2133_zpsugzt2vrm.jpg

Although Hilo sports also a reasonably capable headphone amp, that duty has been delegated to V281:

_K5_2117_zpso2q9lobu.jpg

I run all my headphones balanced. The collection is rather moderate:

_K5_2132_zpsyhpkxmaz.jpg

I recently added ETHER to this setup, but haven't got any pictures yet.

Very interested to hear about how you find the Ether. Did you get the open or closed version?

Very interested to hear about how you find the Ether. Did you get the open or closed version?

I have the open version of Ethers and find them living up to the hype. To me they are on the same level as HD800, and there are quite a lot of similarities between them.

Both belong amongst the most comfortable headphones to wear. The Ether's soundstage is not as big, but still quite decent and imaging is razor sharp with the right gear. The tonal character is also in the same ballpark, so bass lovers could find this headphone less than satisfying. But the bass is deep and well controlled with hardly any roll off, and Ether has very low distortions throughout the frequency range. 

Tyll from Innerfidelity has recently published a very good review of ETHER - highly recommended read if you're considering them.

• Like 1

Thought I'd post up a few more Bottlehead Crack piccies.

I had stained it Black 2 weekends ago, but didnt really like it that much. Started to sand it back, and loved how it looked. Finished with a few coats of varnish.

BC1_zpskh8wzfla.png

BC3_zpstuikuj2r.png

BC2_zps22ujpcas.png

I love this amp in combo with HD600 cans, a match made in heaven.

Am patiently awaiting a 6SN7 to 12AU7 adapter to come from the states, will roll in a few 6SN7 tubes to see how they sound. Also waiting for a 1958 long plates/angled getter Valvo ECC82 tube to arrive

Love the fact you have done it with tubes and absolutely love the base. Best accident you have ever had. Nice.

No. I purchased it already built. It's a kit amp from Bottlehead (Google Bottlehead Crack) and it sounds amazing for it's relatively low price. Tube rolling just adds to the fun :)

You might be able to get a schematic from the site, but I can't be sure.