Post Pictures Of Your Headphone Setup

• 1 month later...

Yes, initially I tried them through the NAD 3020, but the bass was too sloppy and overrode everything else.

When I moved to the X-Can everything fell into place, the whole spectrum was more even and bass was tighter.

When I'm home, I never use headphones.

When I'm traveling and working at work, I use this;

ac518e8b4df8d0c695944ac9ca693398.jpg

Just an iPhone 5 with Spigen hybrid bumper and GlasTr screen protector and Dita The Answer dynamic driver IEMs (w Furutech plug mod to fit through a range of phone bumpers).

Music is simply sync'd from my iTunes collection (a mix of iTunes Store and cd ripped files stored as Apple lossless).

The quality is surprisingly good, aided to a large degree by the stunning Dita phones.

Tip for iPhone users; turn off all your background apps when listening, ESPECIALLY facebook . Makes a big difference to the sound you get (putting your phone in airplane mode also helps).

I ran some B&W P7s from the phone but sold them as the Ditas are as good or better in many respects. Seriously.

John Darko is a raving fan of the Ditas. I think they'll be next on my wish list...

Guest The Fresh Prince

What's your source? Nice setup.

Thanks

1. JRiver, Accuphase DC37

2. SME20/12, V12 arm, Lyras Atlas, Accuphase C37

Guest The Fresh Prince

They were a lot better but some were drunk ;)

Here you go. I just cannot get them the right way up.

First set were with iPhone 5S (I feel ashamed). Second set were with Canon G11 (that's as sophisticated I get, when it comes to cameras)

post-109630-0-95544300-1428748385_thumb.

post-109630-0-58073000-1428748397_thumb.

post-109630-0-18255000-1428748405_thumb.

Edited by The Fresh Prince

@@olor1n - which cable is that?

For everyone who's stepped down to cheaper gear and managed okay, what did you go from? I'm thinking of selling my Musical Fidelity M1 Headphone Amplifier + Sennheiser Momentum / AKG K702's along with my living room setup, and figured this might be a good place to ask people who've more usually stepped UP!

@@olor1n - which cable is that?

For everyone who's stepped down to cheaper gear and managed okay, what did you go from? I'm thinking of selling my Musical Fidelity M1 Headphone Amplifier + Sennheiser Momentum / AKG K702's along with my living room setup, and figured this might be a good place to ask people who've more usually stepped UP!

I'm pretty much done!

I've had, and listened to a lot of pricey gear, as well as cheap stuff. My Fiio X3II($259) with B&O H6($499) is absolutely doable, I'm finished now until I live somewhere permanently.. Then I'll get that Michell Gyrodec/Manley/PMC system I've been lusting after!! I think the headphone game has been one huge merry-go-round, and I've got off it permanently. Probably because a lot of the gear ain't that pricey, it's cheaper to swap/sell/buy. I got my combo because it allows max flexibility, the X3II plays most of the file types.

Caution - stay off HeadFi, you'll drive yourself nuts chasing the dragon and listening to 101 people have 101 opinions on everything! I've been trying a way to close my account there. Sponsors love their site because the discussion stimulates purchases of their equipment;)

Anyhow, enough crap from me.. before I'm told I'm dragging the discussion off topic!

• Like 1

Definitely avoid headfi if you want more truth then assumptions. Apart from a small group of folks there take all else with a grain of truth.

Anyway I went from the rare Sr Omega 1`s and a NIB 009 and bunch of other totl dynamic headphones to my bunch of crap posted in the past few pages. I don`t regret it one bit.

• Like 1