Who's going Friday???

Guest yamaha_man

On 10/31/2017 at 12:24 PM, Darren69 said:

Jokes aside, will you get a chance to have an ale? Would be great to meet the boss.

I've met him on several occasions and your an absolute dill for even bringing up the idea of meeting and buying him an ale. The blokes like a limpet, you'll never get rid of him and his wife will gladly drop him in your lap to look after for as long as it takes her to do the bolt.

Then he'll offer you some home made salami just like his mum makes it(she made it)and wonder about whether a different beer or wine might enhance that salami's flavour.

Then it's on to meet the  some of the attendees and they're all in on it...soon your shouts gone from the paper dosh in your wallet to flashing the plastic.

City folk, Darren, can read us like a book...BE CAREFUL DOWN THERE!

• Like 3

Guest yamaha_man

Given the amount I believe his (the so called "boss") wallet will grow over the coming days I do believe it's his shout and I can assure you..... I'm very thirsty! :hiccup

P.s. I'm also out of form given I've just spent 3 weeks in the desert alcohol free!

Great idea having security @Marc, think you will be needing it. :lol:

Edited by yamaha_man

10 hours ago, Luc said:

I've met him on several occasions and your an absolute dill for even bringing up the idea of meeting and buying him an ale. The blokes like a limpet, you'll never get rid of him and his wife will gladly drop him in your lap to look after for as long as it takes her to do the bolt.

Then he'll offer you some home made salami just like his mum makes it(she made it)and wonder about whether a different beer or wine might enhance that salami's flavour.

Then it's on to meet the  some of the attendees and they're all in on it...soon your shouts gone from the paper dosh in your wallet to flashing the plastic.

City folk, Darren, can read us like a book...BE CAREFUL DOWN THERE!

How quick we forget.

I remember stepping off the train in Sydney's Central Station as a mulleted sixteen year old cane farmers son, wondering where the hell Albion st would be from there. Stuck out like dogs balls after being hit with sandpaper.

I guess it will be like that. Thanks for the heads up.

45 minutes ago, Tubularbells said:

Im hoping to swing by tomorrow, flick through some records and enjoying  a couple of beers. Will only be a shortish visit before heading back to work unfortunately though.

Well, that was you and me last Sunday, but this time I'll be the one staying the full journey and you have to work...life is funny...  :lol:

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, frankn said:

We have arrived!  Where is a good pub / bar in St Kilda?  We are staying at the Icon on St Kilda Rd. 

Honestly, walk down Fitzroy Street and find one that catches your eye...can't go wrong!  (I like the Fifth Province).  If you get to the beach and nothing has caught your fancy then get a tram/Uber or 5 min. walk to Barkly St. where there's just as many watering holes...

2 hours ago, BATMAQN said:

190ks to go Jesus it’s a long drive!!!!

Great you should be here by now!

1 hour ago, frankn said:

We have arrived!  Where is a good pub / bar in St Kilda?  We are staying at the Icon on St Kilda Rd. 

Fitzroy st, St.Kilda,  The George Hotel = Drinking

Cnr Barkly st and Inkerman st, St.Kilda ,The Barkly = Drinking

Inkerman St, St.Kilda, The New Market =Food & Drink

• Like 1

Canberra to Bleak City, Radelaide to Bleak City. Driving?  Pfft!

QLD border to Bleak city in one spurt? Nuh, but 18 hours to Yarrawonga and the lovely Lake Mulwala and the sluggish Murrey River and a beer or 3 and a nap and then 3 hrs to world's most something or rather city in the morn...no worries at all.

Heading straight for Richmond beer shop and a Skull Splitter from the Orkney Isles Brewery which as far as I know is the only place in Oz you'll find one of these fearsome brews.

IMG_20170912_193910481.thumb.jpg.b334cbe09ccb476f55ed499fc3a00c28.jpg

8.5% of goodness in a bottle.

Edited by Luc
  • Like 1

Fitzroy st, St.Kilda,  The George Hotel = Drinking
Cnr Barkly st and Inkerman st, St.Kilda ,The Barkly = Drinking
Inkerman St, St.Kilda, The New Market =Food & Drink

I’m here for the three days and staying in Inkerman st opposite the New Market. I’ll be a slow riser, thanks to Darth Vader keeping me up half the night with his loud music.. [emoji3]
Otherwise, I’ll slowly make my way up to the Pullman..

Flew in last night and staying at the venue. Got to check out the Halcro lounge. What a beautiful sight, the new ones come in black and the door size mini monitors really are quite large. Unfortunately nothing switched on to listen to.

On ‎1‎/‎11‎/‎2017 at 3:27 PM, Marc said:

Just met with the venue staff. There will be no shortage of food options let me assure you. They've gone above and beyond (perhaps over the top even).
It would of course be nice to support them in return - provided the costs are not exorbitant.

I'll be making use of these facilities then ... lol

And if I can get a pizza I'll be totally impressed :P