Knock offs/clones on ebay

On 27/9/2017 at 5:01 PM, :) al said:

fake.jpg

kind of dodgy stuff that happens.

do the above sold come with C tick ? had any electrical approvals for selling here in this country ? 

I bet you they dont. so what happens when one explodes catches on fire burns house down ?

am absolutely blown away eBay sells these so obvious rip offs. I thought it was against their rules as here of not selling copies fakes and counterfiets ? 

obviously they dont care....

Dodgy stuff that busts or explodes is what really sh its me.

Pay good money for a proper product and receive complete crap.  Not happy. 

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, joz said:

@Michael Hope Now I really can't see the Chinese wanting to clone an amp that is put built by a Greek fella that works solo from his work shop in suburban Melb. Not enough units are moved in Oz let alone the world.

And nor would the rest of the world catch onto such a small manufacturer that has no net presence.

Especially now that most of the buying public buy audio with their eyes first.

Btw can anyone remember seeing the pics of Chinese cloned caps?

Cheap generic  ones dressed up in fancy (Nichicon?) casings, thats stuff to worry about.

Buy genuine, by with peace of mind.

Hence the reason why I don't buy anything on eBay.   Parts can be copied to the exact size spec, colour and labelling.  I remember seeing a WIMA MKP cap here on SNA thats cooked on a circuit pcb.   When a close up photo was posted you can see the gold print for the characters were different to that of All the WIMA that I own.  Can't remember what it was but yes from a clone store in China as the owner had admitted.  

When I purchase components I strictly purchased them from places like E14, RS, Mouser etc.   That way I know what I'm getting.    That includes all Semiconductors.  

• Like 1

Guest Eggcup The Daft
11 minutes ago, Michael Hope said:

Umm no the FM155 above nothing further from the truth. Original is 15K new knockoff 500 delivered. And for 500 the amount of components in it they could use genuine.

New one costs close to 11,400 Swiss Francs

The Krell clone that started this was what, $2K? You can buy a decent legit amp at that price. Sure, at $500 you may not get a great deal - but I bet that includes this knockoff as well.

If that FM155 copy had a different case and internal layout, and sold for $500 as a new Chinese amp, the vast majority of us would just think "crap". Admit it. But as a clone, it's got some interest.

Update - the Krell clone appears to be down to a few hundred now.  Follow the link. Are they getting desperate?

https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/282654575834

I wonder what the FM155 copy would have cost you last month, or elsewhere? Here it is (one of many international postings) at 500 pounds UK, a fair bit more:

https://www.ebay.com.sg/itm/High-End-Preamplifier-Stereo-HiFi-Pre-Amplifier-Monitor-Based-on-FM155-Preamp/272454139310

Mind you, if you must have one and are trusting:

http://www.marketattires.top/high-end-preamplifier-stereo-hifi-preamplifier-monitor-based-on-fm155-preamp-p-2680.html

Now we're down to just $44 plus postage! Reckon they can do genuine components for $44?

Guest Michael Hope
2 minutes ago, Eggcup The Daft said:

Mind you, if you must have one and are trusting:

http://www.marketattires.top/high-end-preamplifier-stereo-hifi-preamplifier-monitor-based-on-fm155-preamp-p-2680.html

Now we're down to just $44 plus postage! Reckon they can do genuine components for $44?

No I don't think they could do  genuine, It would make a lovely cigar case though. Just tell your friends that you removed the $15000 insides because you didn't like it.

Guest Michael Hope

That looks like a fake website to me.

This is the about us blurb

Our mission is to empower females globally to be confident in themselves and be who they want to be. We is a bold, straight talking and forward thinking fashion brand inspired by real life that aims to do exactly that. Everything we create is informed by our customer along with global influences like social media, street style, and popular culture, creating a destination that delivers and encompasses everything it means to be a girl on the go in the world today.

Guest Michael Hope

So here is a thought, buy the knockoff and put the right components into it if they aren't correct in the first place. If you can be bothered that is.

23 minutes ago, Michael Hope said:

That looks like a fake website to me.

This is the about us blurb

Our mission is to empower females globally to be confident in themselves and be who they want to be. We is a bold, straight talking and forward thinking fashion brand inspired by real life that aims to do exactly that. Everything we create is informed by our customer along with global influences like social media, street style, and popular culture, creating a destination that delivers and encompasses everything it means to be a girl on the go in the world today.

Hmmm, so the rip off merchants are getting ripped off...  :mellow:

I wonder who has the greater profit %?

On 11/19/2017 at 12:56 PM, Noum said:

@Michael Hope

Ah well, I disagree but that's not a big deal, you might have a point or i might, or we both might.

There are no rules to say anyone has to agree with anyone else.

:thumb:

@Noum

Could you please refrain from baiting new(ish) members. You probably see it as harmless but I'm confident that I am not the only one who sees your recent posts in this thread as annoying at the very least.

Guest Muon N'

I can't see it, Wolster, but out of compliance, I'll avoid new members and especially Michael if that is how I'm being viewed.

Makes no difference to me.

31 minutes ago, Michael Hope said:

So here is a thought, buy the knockoff and put the right components into it if they aren't correct in the first place. If you can be bothered that is.

You wouldn't even give that a thought.  Becuase by the time you desolder the components of the pcb, I'm sure you'll also find that the circuit pcb isn't up to the usual standards and the traces will fall away as you remove those components.  

On the other hand if the circuit pcb were to a designed standard,  you can physically forces and ripped the component of the pcb and the traces will remained intact, and yes that's from experience with SMDs.

Guest Michael Hope
33 minutes ago, Noum said:

I can't see it, Wolster, but out of compliance, I'll avoid new members and especially Michael if that is how I'm being viewed.

Makes no difference to me.

I can't see it either @Noum. You didn't bait me and what you said was perfectly reasonable to say. Seems like you can't have an opinion either. This is just my opinion now but some very good information has come out of this to deter anyone who wants to buy a knock off. I'm a big boy now I wear big boy pants. No one has been disrespectful, launched any personal attacks, made any sort of insults or been offended that I can see. If I/we have point it out. Whats the problem????? Parliament question time is worse than this. 

Edited by Michael Hope

Guest Eggcup The Daft

Like I said, "if you're trusting". Didn't you also notice that EVERYTHING in the Sound and Vision section is $43.99?:)

Edited by Eggcup The Daft

Guest Michael Hope
Just now, Eggcup The Daft said:

Like I said, "if you're trusting". Didn't you also notice that EVERYTHING in the Sound and Vision section is $43.99?

Yes Including the B&W diamond speakers. Bargain, quick lets them before they are snapped up by someone else.

Guest Eggcup The Daft
Just now, Michael Hope said:

Yes Including the B&W diamond speakers. Bargain, quick lets them before they are snapped up by someone else.

I missed them...

Guest Michael Hope
Just now, Eggcup The Daft said:

I missed them...

Then someone following this thread has snapped them up. They have gone alright.  :lol:

Guest Michael Hope
31 minutes ago, JSmith said:

Interesting;

https://www.clonesaudio.com/

JSmith :ninja:

Now why would you go and find that. We have all just come to the consensus that clones are definitely not they way to go and you go and find someone that is doing it properly. You're a trouble maker. :lol: They do look good though. Ooooo wow I didn't look at the price list. That doesn't look like a clone price list to me. Maybe its the guys name. Calvin Clone.

Edited by Michael Hope