Xe1 Firmware Upgrade Results

Picked up my "surprise" from the postman in Sydney today and also my new XE1.No problems with upgrade and I now have a region free sd dvd player.All went smoothly and thanks goes to we know who.Also not listed in specs my machine plays dvd+r/dl as well as all -r discs listed in manual.Very happy camper.Will find more time later in week to compare against Sony bluray player as soon as I get a common disc to compare.

• Replies 288
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Picked up my "surprise" from the postman in Sydney today and also my new XE1.No problems with upgrade and I now have a region free sd dvd player.All went smoothly and thanks goes to we know who.Also not listed in specs my machine plays dvd+r/dl as well as all -r discs listed in manual.Very happy camper.Will find more time later in week to compare against Sony bluray player as soon as I get a common disc to compare.

im glad you are happy with a region free player for sd movies , cheers mate enjoy it ............garry was the first to get it....

Edited by hddvduser

Great news. I never doubted hddvduser. He's a top bloke and really delivered for the members here.

Perhaps some rumours can be put to rest now and everyone can see what a great job at considerable personal expense both in dollars and time (if you knew how many discs he copied today and envelopes he addressed by hand, you would be surprised.

dvduser also helped set me up with a contact for a great price for my XE 1 as well as the goodies and went out of his way to look after me today.Several phone calls to check on how I was going and lead me thru one small problem I thought I had was much appeciated Many thanks again.

I heard about your great new machine. Congrats.

that is fantastic news indeed garryg ! top stuff.

yeah i had my doubts about you too hddvduser and publically questioned you (not as much as yorac, mind you so send mine before his please :lol: ) but i am happy to admit i was wrong and appreciate all the effort you have put in in getting us this world first

thanks mate

yeah i had my doubts about you too hddvduser and publically questioned you (not as much as yorac, mind you so send mine before his please :lol: ) but i am happy to admit i was wrong and appreciate all the effort you have put in in getting us this world first

thanks mate

what about a blank disc 4 you ......lol......... also when you play 1080p/24 , when you select on the player you dont need to change any other resolution leave it at that and play , not like ps3 problems.....

what about a blank disc 4 you ......lol......... also when you play 1080p/24 , when you select on the player you dont need to change any other resolution leave it at that and play , not like ps3 problems.....

Now that is great news :D

So does that mean we can force the player to output 1080p24, even if it "thinks" the display can't handle it (because of the stupid freaking avr in the middle) ???

If so, I am massively over the moon, and no longer regretting buying the EP10 (well at least regretting buying it before a firmware with a force 1080p24 option was released).

So does that mean we can force the player to output 1080p24, even if it "thinks" the display can't handle it (because of the stupid freaking avr in the middle) ???

If so, I am massively over the moon, and no longer regretting buying the EP10 (well at least regretting buying it before a firmware with a force 1080p24 option was released).

That's my understanding. If you set to 1080p24 it outputs 1080p24. None of this maybe output it if it feels like the the universe is in alignment crap :)

That's my understanding. If you set to 1080p24 it outputs 1080p24. None of this maybe output it if it feels like the the universe is in alignment crap :)

Interesting, because I asked the question on avsforum (for HD-A20 owners) and they said the problem still existed ala the PS3 before the forced option was introduced :(

I guess I'll find out in a couple of days ... right hddvduser ??? :)

that would not be cool hddvduser :P

does this also enable bitstream over hdmi ?

My understanding is that it doesn't. Indeed bitstream over HDMI for the XE1 has never been confirmed unlike 24fps afaik.

In the UK Toshiba has launched new players. The E1 & EP10 are no longer available and instead there is the EP30 which is a replacement for both the E1 & EP10. Then there is the EP35 which has the same price point at the EP10 but has 24fps and 7.1 bitstream out over HDMI. http://www.toshibahddvd.co.uk/products/hd-...ey-features.cfm

I know which of the XE1 or EP35 I would buying now if they both on sale in Australia and it wouldn't be the XE1!