Panasonic TV Owners & Discussion Thread

I dont know if they'll split the package or not..

That's more that interests me too, I havent been there yet to see what the 'real' deals are, plus extended warranty cost.

No idea, there was a number of other brands advertised too in the same ad but under each picture it had the same 'only at dse moore park <shrug>.

The package with the DVD player is listed in their normal country wide catalogue:

http://www.cataloguecentral.com.au/postcod...mp;VendorId=124

and also on their website (cat number G6209P)

Knox City shopping centre in Melboune's outer east, Wantirna South.

I were a bit worried about the power consumption of this @ 528W but i believe it's only peak?

The quoted power consumption is peak power as depending on picture leves the wattage varies. I beleive LCD has a constant power output despite their lower wattage rating.

Pieter what was the breakdown of the costs on your TV, ie how much was TV + Warranty.

Cheers

The quoted power consumption is peak power as depending on picture leves the wattage varies. I beleive LCD has a constant power output despite their lower wattage rating.

Pieter what was the breakdown of the costs on your TV, ie how much was TV + Warranty.

Cheers

LCDs with backlight dimming (most these days) will have reduced power consumption as the backlight dims for dark scenes. Many LCDs have "Power Save" modes even and people use them not to save power specifically but to get better blacks.

Bought the 700 from myer 2950 - also bought a wall mount and a extra 2 years warrentee. gets delivered tomorrow !

Hey Darian,......I'm in Sydney ...and Myer want a lot more than 2950 for the 700a......did you have to bargain hard?....what did they ask for initially?......I'm dead keen on getting one for 3 K if possible...anyone know where in Sydney?

Agree on the picture quality, but comparing a Full HD plasma price with the same sized LCD is not exactly apple to apple isn't it.

I guess it's all boils down to how much you're willing to spend for your display and your sense of worth..  :P

yeah, i dun tink i can afford a full HD one for now... maybe 3 yrs down the road lar. Anywae, still loving my PV70.

Cheers

Sales order says $2600 for the set, $229 for the 3yr no lemon warranty, and $35 for delivery, i asked for a $2600 cash deal but they said they couldn't do it for that so then they added the warranty which i hadn't asked for yet, strange sales ppl lol.

It worked out a good deal over all i think.

Just waiting for the delivery guys now :)

Edited by Pieter...

I've had a quick look at a 50PX70A and a 50PX700A. PQ is meant to be identical on both units which is true but I noticed on the 700A there is a 3D comb filter. What does that actually do, I discreetly noticed it making the picture on screen seem somewhat clearer but is it really such a worthwhile feature?

Just wondered why the 70A didnt have it.

I just ordered a TH-50PX70a from Myer Knox for $2864 including 3 year warranty and delivery 8-))

Delivered tomorrow...WooHooo no more 68cm CRT for me lol.

Great forum :)

Pieter, may I ask who the salesperson was? I'd like to go to Myer Knox and give him my business too, especially for

that price!

cary the PX 700a is $3194 in todays HN catalogue NSW. Sub 3k as in Panaplasma post above should be do-able. Probably worth jumping up to the 700a over the "best" prices on the 70a.

You can download the catalog from here

http://www.harveynorman.com.au/site/01/fla....html?cat=67382

It's on page 3. Funny thing is that is says $3194 is for TH50PX70A - but the pic shows silver stand like that from a 700A

It's on page 3. Funny thing is that is says $3194 is for TH50PX70A - but the pic shows silver stand like that from a 700A

$2864 is an excellent price for the 70a inclusive of 3 yrs warranty and delivery - however, if I can get a 700a for no more than $250 more, I'll go for it.

Hi ozdick,

I think they just miss printed with the picture $3194 seams very cheap for an advertised price for a 700a. I think is it was Harvey Norman who stuffed up on the catalogue in Queensland aswell. It shows both the 70 and 700a next to each other with the correct prices but they showed the same picture of the 700a for both. An easy way to tell was that they quoted $3194 for the TV that only had 2 hdmi inputs.

Pieter, may I ask who the salesperson was? I'd like to go to Myer Knox and give him my business too, especially for

that price!

It was Anthony, my sales order No 589727 Tue afternoon 21st.

I didn't see a 700a on display but they mite still sell you one.

They are also giving me a Myer customer card [not credit] for $40= $20 per $1000 spent for future purchases, free no strings.

The 50" Pana i got was made in China in July, works great very happy :)

Edited by Pieter...

The cheeky retailers are advertising the 700A when the print says 70A, as per the latest Harvey Norman and Myer catalogue. I suppose some of the retailers sell the 700A at the 70A price because they sell the one that looks the same in the catalogue, don't know why they don't just use the right image! Catalogues go through so many proof checks that they must do it on purpose. The latest Retravision catalogue also had an image of the 700A for a 42" 7A, WTF!

Brazzwald

Because Harvey Norman are shifty like that.

A couple weeks ago I saw in Harvey Norman the TH-42PX7A. The printed sticker said $2999 and it was crossed out and $1999 was written over it. That is very very deceptive since the RRP is $2399 and Harvey Norman's usual price is $2199.

Because Harvey Norman are shifty like that.

A couple weeks ago I saw in Harvey Norman the TH-42PX7A. The printed sticker said $2999 and it was crossed out and $1999 was written over it. That is very very deceptive since the RRP is $2399 and Harvey Norman's usual price is $2199.

The ACCC would love to hear about that.

Thats illegal stating a false RRP.

I've had a quick look at a 50PX70A and a 50PX700A. PQ is meant to be identical on both units which is true but I noticed on the 700A there is a 3D comb filter. What does that actually do, I discreetly noticed it making the picture on screen seem somewhat clearer but is it really such a worthwhile feature?

Just wondered why the 70A didnt have it.

both the 70a and 700a have that 3d comb filter (whatever it's meant to do!).

the only difference in the screens is that the 700a has that automatic contrast thing. also, apparently the 700a has some anti-glare covering (which isn't in the specs, so not sure where people have got that from?).

if you can get the 700a for the same price as the 70a (as some stores have been advertising the 700a at the 70a price by mistake!) then it's obviously worth getting! otherwise, it's just a matter of weighing up what you need and how much extra you want to pay for it.

both the 70a and 700a have that 3d comb filter (whatever it's meant to do!).

A comb filter splits a composite signals in to luminance (Y) and colour ( C ). i.e. essentially it takes a composite signal and outputs an S-Video signal. It would also be used on an analogue TV signal.

Good comb filters can make quite a difference for composite sources. For these good TVs where you should be using better connections like HDMI and component a good comb filter is essentially worthless.

Edited by Shonky*

HAHAHAHA!!!

Harvey Norman Everton Park (Brisbane) has just told me (and shown me on the screen) that the 700A does not come out till October 2007 and price is $4999.00.

I asked him "Are you sure that's right? There are plenty of people on a forum that have got them in the last 2 weeks" His reply... "They must be importing them themselves cause it's not out yet" (Even though they used the picture in their catalogue)

The best part of this ordeal was I drove 1.5kms to Retravision at Alderley to see it there for myself on display!

Once again the staff knowledge at Harvey Norman has amazed me. I wish they wouldn't ask if they can help me when I walk into their store. It only ends in a **** fight cause I ALWAYS get given wrong info.