plus

3 Years warranty

plus

Delivery

all for $1900.00 **ching ching**

From DSE in Sydney.

Can't wait until Monday...

Hey Corms,

That's a really good deal. Would you be able to send me a scan of your receipt? xeonAThotmail.com, would be really appreciated. Clive Peeters have a 14 day price guarantee, I think, so I should be able to get some of my money back... Heh. Mine deal was TH42PX7A, no player, 5 year warantee for $2199.

That's a really good deal. Would you be able to send me a scan of your receipt? xeonAThotmail.com, would be really appreciated. Clive Peeters have a 14 day price guarantee, I think, so I should be able to get some of my money back... Heh. Mine deal was TH42PX7A, no player, 5 year warantee for $2199.

I think you will find that they will only honour on an advertised price (ie catalogue etc) not a negotiated price. Still, worth a shot though

Hey Corms,

Yep that's a pretty good price. They are advertising a 42PX7A + DVD S53 for $1999 so $100 off + the warranty is pretty good.

Were you just haggling Corms? Or were they matching something? If I could have got that this afternoon, I would have taken it... I was going to buy a 42PX7A as a stop gap and maybe move it to the bedroom when I look to get a Pioneer 508 in a few months once the initial release hysteria has died down.

Guest Darian

Thanks to all , theres is lot of Info here. My Panny 700 HD projector needs a repair ($1500) after 7000 hrs of use and will be getting a Plat panel. Took a look at the Samsung 91 and the Pana 70 and 700. All Panels look great but I see a slightly more realistic pic with the Pana. and I also dont like the reflective stuff around the Samsung screen can be quite off putting some times.Also looked at the the Pioneer 50 inch but there is very little stock and I took a close look at 4 retailers this weekend and I thought the picture was a little softer than the other 2. Of the 4 (myer, JB, Retravision and the goodguys) myer was the best at $2600 fr the 70 and $3K for the 700. I was blown away......maybe something to do with Fathers day on the 2nd ??

Thanks for all the input

Guest Darian
Hi Darian,

Which Myer was that at?

Thats an excellent deal, cant go wrong there.

Meyer Garden City (Perth), said they had 50 in stock (70). but at this price think I might just get the 700.

Its 70A not 700A.

HN Chadstone doens't even have a 700A on display. I was there this afternoon.

In the other threads, there are reports of people getting the 700A for $3k!!! Wonder if there is confusion between the 70A and the 700A or if they are correct???

In the other threads, there are reports of people getting the 700A for $3k!!! Wonder if there is confusion between the 70A and the 700A or if they are correct???

If you are talking about the group buy threads. I guess maybe they can. Who knows, its a group buy they have the bargaining power.

Any specs or details on the 50PY700H and likely launch date? Is it same as UK version of PZ700?

Specs of 50PY700H can be found in the Dutch Panasonic website..

http://www.panasonic.nl/Products_Info.asp?M=3914|603|602|601|4|1

Unfortunately, its spec of 5000:1 contrast is hardly exciting. There is also no mention of 1080p24hz "scan format".

That's an awesome price for the new 700A! Are you sure its the 700A and not the 70A?

The good guys or JB or retravision (can't remember which store) in vic had one advertised in their catalog last month or the month before. The model number listed was the 70A but the picture was of a 700A.

Its 70A not 700A.

HN Chadstone doens't even have a 700A on display. I was there this afternoon.

Oh no its not .... its a 700A and its ADVERTISED with a picture and everything in their in store caterlog.

Not to mention I called a relative who was looking for a TV who promptly bought one for that price from HN chadstone.

HN Chadstone DOES have a 700a on display ..... I saw it myself this week.

Does the Panasonic 70/700 recognise the signal input so as to adjust settings.

What I mean is I know that each input on the TV can be calibrated individually but if you use a HDMI switching receiver so therefore only use the 1 HDMI socket for DVD, PS3, PVR, will the TV recognise the individual signal and change to preset settings?

Apparently the Pioneer has this feature, ive not heard of it on the Panasonic.

If you are still going into the one HDMI input on the panel then I would assume that the panel would not know whether the source was DVD, PS3 etc. The setup on the panel is related to the one AV input so you can setup HDMI 1 different to HDMI 2 etc, not on the source signal I would have thought

Does the Panasonic 70/700 recognise the signal input so as to adjust settings.

What I mean is I know that each input on the TV can be calibrated individually but if you use a HDMI switching receiver so therefore only use the 1 HDMI socket for DVD, PS3, PVR, will the TV recognise the individual signal and change to preset settings?

Apparently the Pioneer has this feature, ive not heard of it on the Panasonic.

Hi Zacspeed,

I haven't been able to try this with HDMI, but I did have a number of component connections running via my Sony A/V Receiver to my 700A and it did not do anything to settings when I changed the sources on the receiver. The Pana would recognise that the source was changing from 576p (DVD) to 576i (Foxtel) for example, but settings would remain as they were on the Pana AV2 input.

My recommendation would be to use one of the three reconfigurable picture modes (Dynamic/Normal/Cinema) for each of your HDMI inputs. This way, when you connect you can just cycle to the picture mode which suits the device connected to the AV input on the Pana. This will only work in an envrionment where the lighting and other conditions don't change much though I guess. If you have the 700A, you'd still also have the Auto picture mode (CATS) available to play with for that though.

I ended up running each device into the A/V receiver's and TV's inputs seperately ;)

Hope this is some help!

Cheers,

Dr.

They are HD models.

And for me there is no comparism to LCD.  Plasma is far superior in every way PQ wise.

Agree on the picture quality, but comparing a Full HD plasma price with the same sized LCD is not exactly apple to apple isn't it.

I guess it's all boils down to how much you're willing to spend for your display and your sense of worth..  :P

This advert' was in this morning's paper from DSE at MoorePark Supacentre

http://img457.imageshack.us/my.php?image=panaod2.jpg

Hmmm. Don't really want the home theatre system but the TV is a very good ticket price. Doesn't look like there is anything stopping me buying the TV by itself.

They are also offering a package for $2k including the DVD-S53 DVD player which has a RRP of $199.

I though DSE were all company stores? I'm pretty sure they were when I worked there way back then. So why does one store get a special deal on?

Hmmm. Don't really want the home theatre system but the TV is a very good ticket price. Doesn't look like there is anything stopping me buying the TV by itself.

I dont know if they'll split the package or not..

They are also offering a package for $2k including the DVD-S53 DVD player which has a RRP of $199.

That's more that interests me too, I havent been there yet to see what the 'real' deals are, plus extended warranty cost.

I though DSE were all company stores? I'm pretty sure they were when I worked there way back then. So why does one store get a special deal on?

No idea, there was a number of other brands advertised too in the same ad but under each picture it had the same 'only at dse moore park <shrug>.