Panasonic TV Owners & Discussion Thread

Bro, thanks for the good job with the review. Just to check if you find the DVD playback quality via PC Input better than the conventional DVD Player -> component/HDMI connection? If so, how much better? TIA!

to mi DVD playback a little better then on my player, less pixels can be seen.

Yes good news on new models for us locally.

Any specs or details on the 50PY700H and likely launch date? Is it same as UK version of PZ700?

Thx

YEA the new 65" is coming !!!  :D

Panasonic TH-42PY700H CPA MAT ETV 071201-11 2007-07-30 2010-07-17

Panasonic TH-50PY700H CPA MAT ETV 071293-11 2007-08-14 2010-08-05

Panasonic TH-65PY700H CPA MAT ETV 071292-11 2007-08-14 2010-08-05

this is the 1st time a *consumer* 65" model is coming to SG!  This means we will get to see it in BD/HN and get to buy it from all those shops!

mate,

few weeks ago Clive Peeters in Auburn did me $1861 + $339 (extended warranty to 5 years) so you should aim for $2200 inc 5 year warranty

cheers,

Hey Astina, whats clive peeters warranty terms like? Would they replace the item greater than the amount paid, meaning if it broke down twice. Also any chance you could scan your receipt for me ?

If this is an HD model than it will be interesting to see if they will compete with the price of LCD.

A 46 Inch LCD Full/HD is around 7K. So it will be interesting to see if Plasma HD will be around the same price / lower.  Specially true when savvy consumer will definately think about the $$ they need to throw in, considering they can get the same screen size at 5K lower (if the price is in the region of 7K) :P

The only model I know for HD plasma are way off my budget so I won't even bother.

Maybe we'll get to see it during the coming IT show at Suntec.  I recall Panasonic's tendency to use the September show to launch new products in a push to start off the year end buying frenzy.  It's interesting that Japan is still selling the 65" PZ600 only.  Increasingly, the US market is driving the technical innovation nowadays which is why mfgs like Pioneer (Kuro) and Panasonic (PZ750) chose to launch their flagship products in the States first.

Out of curiosity I checked Sony as well. It seems that they are registering the W 350 model. However I have not seen this model yet.

Could it be that they just register for the sake of register first and then decide whether to bring in the model later on.

If this is true, it means the registration list is not a reliable info for determining whether they will actually bring the product in.  ???

Heh dudes and dudettes,

After a fair bit of shopping around, Myer came up with the best deal over here in the West. DJ, HN, JB and Retra couldn't...or would match it. I got the TH-50px700a with REAL 5 yr extended Warranty, delivered for $3548. The others ranged between $280-$680 more. The Warranty is the real deal, complete parts and labour, no cost limit, transferable ownership, Australia wide, No lemon policy ( 3 repairs and you get a replacement) and covers wear and tear. Maybe could have pushed a little harder but the sales guy was fantastic to deal with and got a $100 worth of Myers vouchers as well. Maybe not the best price out there, especially for you Easterners but I am very happy and the thing was delivered the same day. You can't beat that!!!

The problem over here is we are limited a bit by the population and therefore you don't have the choice of outlets or people just don't have the stock available. With the PX-700A being relatively new, the number of times I heard "oh yes nice unit, very popular but we don't have any in stock, should only be a couple of weeks away". (Anytime before Christmas would be good.)

Well I have my 700A now and I am very happy. I set it up last night and it looks absolutely fantastic.

Cheers.....Compuway :lol:

Hey compuway ..

Which Myer store in WA did you get your deal from?

Cheers

KP

Increasingly, the US market is driving the technical innovation nowadays which is why mfgs like Pioneer (Kuro) and Panasonic (PZ750) chose to launch their flagship products in the States first.

This is a never-ending.. when I'm just abt to plonk my money for the 8th gen Pio.. I heard news of their 9th gen. :(

I am after TH42PX70A. i went to HN Chadstone ( Melbourne) yesterday, the price the salesman gave me was $2000 for the plasma only. any suggestion for a better deal? thanks

Sounds good to me, go for it. The best I can do is 2104 for TV only, not with warranty.

Hi all here's the deal I did today;

TH42PX7A

plus

Panasonic HDMI upscaling DVD player

plus

3 Years warranty

plus

Delivery

all for $1900.00 **ching ching**

From DSE in Sydney.

Can't wait until Monday...

Congratulations, that is a good deal. I have noticed they are offering a free DVD player with the 7A.

Negotiating a price today with Clive Peters for a Pana 42in 70A. The best they can do is 2463 including 3yrs extended warranty (four years total). The warranty is 359 so the TV is 2104. The warranty is also a real warranty (full parts and labour etc for the period), not a dollar value waste of money warranty. They are using the same company that JB HiFi uses for their warranty service.

Is this a good price?????

TH-50px700a advertised for $3099 at HN Chadstone in latest store flyer.

I wonder how much they have the PX70a then, as id have thought that would be the advertised price for the 70a. Not that $3099 isnt achievable for the 700, but Id have thought that would be around the price after negotiations.

JB has the Panasonic PX50 700a as EL (end of line) in their store list. If there was ever a TV that would sell well under thier store lighting and reflection it is this one. They didnt know why it was marked EL when it had just come out.... (maybe couldnt buy at good volume price). They havent and wont be getting it.

This kinda confirms to me what the salesman told me at GG's told me a few days ago, that the pana rep told him the 700a was a stop gap for the PZ.

Seems weird for a new product but you'd think panasonic would be saturating all the stores with this product.

Edited by superted

JB has the Panasonic PX50 700a as EL (end of line) in their store list. If there was ever a TV that would sell well under thier store lighting and reflection it is this one. They didnt know why it was marked EL when it had just come out.... (maybe couldnt buy at good volume price). They havent and wont be getting it.

This kinda confirms to me what the salesman told me at GG's told me a few days ago, that the pana rep told him the 700a was a stop gap for the PZ.

Seems weird for a new product but you'd think panasonic would be saturating all the stores with this product.

If that is the case then there should be some good bargains for folks wanting a good quality 50" 1366x768 panel - worth the extra dollars over the PX70 IMO

Just purchased the Th-50px70a for $3300 including FULL warranty for 5 years. Told them you can get the Pana at Chadstone for $3099 and offered me it for $3300 with warranty pretty stoked :D

Just looking through the Harvey Norman catalogue, the Panasonic 50" plasma is for $3194.

Interesting part is the model number listed underneath is PX70A, but the picture is a PX700A ;)

If you're lucky the salesman may not check the model number, and look at the picture only. :)

Edited by neK