Show us your Turntables!!!

On 01/06/2018 at 1:34 PM, GeoffRoberts said:

Hello Geoff i am glad its spinning and your grinning, i cannot believe how much grief one loose screw being undone caused, looks awesome enjoy, just seemed too big at home but stunning in shots. Adam

caf0b8380a5547354f1ec2eb37c8c6af.heicbdbe878c115c1cf28f99fa17b37e08c9.heic

On 18/06/2018 at 11:31 AM, deniall said:

dyE5l0T.jpg?1

New (used) VPI Classic 1. As close to perfect as I could hope for. Spent yesterday getting it set up properly and polishing the platter. I have an AT95E on it right now which has no business sounding as good as it does. I have some better phono cables on the way and I hope to get a good LOMC cart soon.

I have the later version of this table and love it to death. I’ve found polishing the platter with Isocol works really well. 

For MC carts, I use a Benz Micro Ace S LOMC and it works wonderfully. 

On 21 June 2018 at 8:39 PM, MukeshB said:

IMG_1529577120.354198.jpg

Rega RP3 with Ania MC, Michell technoweight, Nimak subplatter, Edward audio Little belter, IsoAcoustics Isopuck, Funkfirm Acromat

I have the sme TT but dead stock. Do you think all your tweaks have improved the performance? May I ask at what cost?

I have the sme TT but dead stock. Do you think all your tweaks have improved the performance? May I ask at what cost?

I must admit yes it has. I have it auditioned against a RP6 n 7 and it sounds better. It costed me @ 800 AUD on upgrades.

I have since sold this TT with all the mods and moved up the ladder

On 27/06/2018 at 10:56 AM, muzzagruzz said:

I have the later version of this table and love it to death. I’ve found polishing the platter with Isocol works really well. 

For MC carts, I use a Benz Micro Ace S LOMC and it works wonderfully. 

Awesome! It's a great table for sure. I was actually looking at that exact Benz cart. Does your Classic hum at all? I'm getting a low level hum which isn't audible when the music is playing. It's like a hum/buzz sound. Grounding and different cables didn't change it. Just curious if it's common.

30 minutes ago, deniall said:

Awesome! It's a great table for sure. I was actually looking at that exact Benz cart. Does your Classic hum at all? I'm getting a low level hum which isn't audible when the music is playing. It's like a hum/buzz sound. Grounding and different cables didn't change it. Just curious if it's common.

Hmmm, interesting. Mine does not hum in the slightest, it’s dead quiet. Does it have the correct power supply, if not have a chat with Cameron Pope from Krispy as he is the importer of VPI.

Also, create a user account with VPI’s forum (go to their website for the link) and ask the question there. I’ve done so and have had good responses. 

Your particular deck is compatible with the external power supply - ADS. If you’re in Sydney, contact Krispy and he may be able to loan you one for a week or so to try. It provides stable power supply and speed control. It should also be compatible with the older SDS. 

A tip: you have to change the lubricant on the shaft once a year. Again, get it from Krispy and just use a small amount on the top of the ball bearing. I used the whole tube once, pretty funny. I can send you a photo that shows how much is needed. 

Edited by muzzagruzz

13 hours ago, muzzagruzz said:

Hmmm, interesting. Mine does not hum in the slightest, it’s dead quiet. Does it have the correct power supply, if not have a chat with Cameron Pope from Krispy as he is the importer of VPI.

Also, create a user account with VPI’s forum (go to their website for the link) and ask the question there. I’ve done so and have had good responses. 

Your particular deck is compatible with the external power supply - ADS. If you’re in Sydney, contact Krispy and he may be able to loan you one for a week or so to try. It provides stable power supply and speed control. It should also be compatible with the older SDS. 

A tip: you have to change the lubricant on the shaft once a year. Again, get it from Krispy and just use a small amount on the top of the ball bearing. I used the whole tube once, pretty funny. I can send you a photo that shows how much is needed. 

Yeah it was purchased locally so no issues there. I have contacted VPI and they have been extremely helpful. It could be the combination of my gear.

1 hour ago, deniall said:

Yeah it was purchased locally so no issues there. I have contacted VPI and they have been extremely helpful. It could be the combination of my gear.

Hope they can help sort it out for you. Let us know how it goes as it’s brilliant deck. 

15 hours ago, deniall said:

Dunno if it's common but mine did the same thing. Try taking the belt off and then blu-tack the platter so it can't move and lower the stylus so it rests on the platter. Then engage/turn on the motor and see if the hum exists only when the motor is engaged.

If so you know whats causing the noise. Mine didn't do it from new it just started one day. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Gryffles said:

Dunno if it's common but mine did the same thing. Try taking the belt off and then blu-tack the platter so it can't move and lower the stylus so it rests on the platter. Then engage/turn on the motor and see if the hum exists only when the motor is engaged.

If so you know whats causing the noise. Mine didn't do it from new it just started one day. 

I'll try that. I've heard oiling the motor can help with low level hum.

2 hours ago, muzzagruzz said:

Hope they can help sort it out for you. Let us know how it goes as it’s brilliant deck. 

Will do! Have you ever oiled the motor? I've read that 40w motor oil is recommended but it's not easy to find and I don't need 4L of the stuff.

37 minutes ago, deniall said:

Will do! Have you ever oiled the motor? I've read that 40w motor oil is recommended but it's not easy to find and I don't need 4L of the stuff.

Yep, give it a go. I doubt oiling the motor will fix it but I hope I'm wrong if it is the motor

1 hour ago, deniall said:

Mine has been quiet since new so not had a need to lubricate the motor. Hopefully, the motor isn’t faulty but if it is, a new one should be able to be sourced quite easily. 

Hi All,

Have been meaning to show a few pics since purchasing the EAT C-Sharp, came with an Ortofon Quintet Blue, which I have been using for the past fortnight, will change to my Benz Micro Glider or Hana for a listen in the coming week.

TT2.jpg.94834dd7d5713ffcd8ececfa6bf4c335.jpg

TT3.jpg.4b090bb3b924bfc07c3c513e5c1c8600.jpg

TT1.jpg.6ce2f9910d7afd3056c5a69aefa630ad.jpg

JJ

• Like 11

3 minutes ago, Y B said:

P10-Bling.jpg.ab2d0a53a50f12578247138aceb6395e.jpg

Secretly, I love the added new bling to my TT! 

What 'bling'?  The copper mat ... or a new arm?  :unsure:

If it is the mat, I'm interested to know why you thought a copper mat would be a good thing?

Andy