My System Today

55 minutes ago, Sir Sanders Zingmore said:

I’m done now. No more changes ...

Reading that just gives me a warm fuzzy feeling associated with coming across a challenge and developing a strategy to prove that statement slightly incorrect. Look forward to catching up in October.

• Volunteer
53 minutes ago, guru said:

Reading that just gives me a warm fuzzy feeling associated with coming across a challenge and developing a strategy to prove that statement slightly incorrect. Look forward to catching up in October.

I’ve said this before, you are a very bad man !

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Sir Sanders Zingmore said:

I’ve said this before, you are a very bad man !

I've been called worse.

i do think we could put some silver litz speaker cable in there without to much trouble. What lengths do you run now?

Your kids have finished school and working 2 jobs? You mentioned something like that last time we spoke about upgrades.

cheers.

2 hours ago, andyr said:

It's Groundhog day!!  ?

Andy

Whoever gave the impression that electronics didn’t make a difference.....there trippin......?

BTW, someone thought I had expensive ecoteric speaker wires,  they freaked when I told them it’s just 6.00mm electrical wire with $5.00 Banana plug!   I got that WTF look....?

The 1.7r are still here....seriously thinking about fixing the x/o...ifnthey continue to hang around.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

3 hours ago, Addicted to music said:

The 1.7r are still here....seriously thinking about fixing the x/o...ifnthey continue to hang around.

What do you think needs to be 'fixed' about the XOs in your 1.7s, Peter?

Andy

Edited by andyr

• Volunteer
1 hour ago, guru said:

I've been called worse.

i do think we could put some silver litz speaker cable in there without to much trouble. What lengths do you run now?

Your kids have finished school and working 2 jobs? You mentioned something like that last time we spoke about upgrades.

cheers.

Litz would be interesting indeed. I'm running something like 4m a side (but will need to double check) - the speaker terminals are on the back of the mid range horn which is quite a long way off the ground and adds about a metre to the length :(

Sadly you are completely wrong about the kids finishing school... paying three sets of fees as of this year, so I'm hoping the Litz is no good !

Steer clear of Lenehans new cables then, it will be Vegemite on toast three times a day. Haven't heard them with horns but they work just oh la-la with valve gear. Sublime, both speaker cables and IC's. Mike might even have some to borrow, just sayin.

Edited by Darren69
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Addicted to music said:

Whoever gave the impression that electronics didn’t make a difference.....there trippin......?

BTW, someone thought I had expensive ecoteric speaker wires,  they freaked when I told them it’s just 6.00mm electrical wire with $5.00 Banana plug!   I got that WTF look....?

Well, I didn't get quite the WTF look when couple of SNAer came over couple of weekends ago. Comments was "I am surprised yours sounded very good with the cables you got." Yes @Darren69, no baked beans and toast diet not required here at Richmond. Because I am using a pair of "directional" 12AWG speaker cables -  freebie from the retailer when I first bought a pair of Dyns around 15 years ago. :na: The banana plugs were donation from another SNAer. :lol:

Pics to follow, proof of cable ownership and relevance to thread.:winky:

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Sirmorebeer said:

Well, I didn't get quite the WTF look when couple of SNAer came over couple of weekends ago. Comments was "I am surprised yours sounded very good with the cables you got." Yes @Darren69, no baked beans and toast diet not required here at Richmond. Because I am using a pair of "directional" 12AWG speaker cables -  freebie from the retailer when I first bought a pair of Dyns around 15 years ago. :na: The banana plugs were donation from another SNAer. :lol:

Pics to follow, proof of cable ownership and relevance to thread.:winky:

Disgusting.

Wherever they can be seen, they require feeding through black footy socks with the toe cut off and then the socks filled with cotton balls please. Lifters optional.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

@Darren69

Maybe im way tooooo honest!   Next time someone ask what brand of cables I’m running I’ll say they’re the latest “singularity bidirectional pure 10N OCCOP Solid copper cords TBA....  if you want,  you can have  them for $100.00/mtr, becuase when they are releases they would be $500/mtr.....

a quick trip to Bunnings down the road......

• Like 1

Here's my first post on my current setup....this year i got myself a SR8012 my stereo channel run by preout hegel,Oppo 205 & Sony 360ES,motorized screen for the living room.....End of the year will add 2 x pair of R50 to make it 7.1.4

ck2w6Af.jpg

fqXZEDb.jpg

My com desktop

srO9de0.jpg

And my Bedroom setup

l0tT4C5.jpg

On 19/06/2018 at 8:11 PM, sjay said:

y4m3_McVlYJuubRGxcbxG3uAYHpl6hQ4Kkqys6wD

I consider getting into vinyl a mistake and I never thought I would own a turn table yet now i own two.

Yes, I tell people it is a very (enjoyable) expensive mistake.

19 minutes ago, Rocketfrogs said:

Met the great man after his gig a few years back.  great band.

829829559_budgieandme.thumb.jpg.791b91503de40e22d64302be847acd75.jpg

Nice one !

Wish I could have seen them last time they toured here but was working up north.

Mate of mine went to the Fremantle gig and said they were brilliant.

He met Burke after the gig too.

Criminally under rated band , had the pleasure of seeing them when they headlined the Reading rock festival in 1982 though.

• Like 1