Vinyl - Currently Spinning

On 04/10/2020 at 5:07 AM, cheekyboy said:

Yep, Ken, we're probably a little different in that regard, but like you I don't think I've posted the same album here twice. Unlike you though, vinyl is pretty much all I play here when I'm going to sit down and listen and I could play 5 - 10 albums a day I guess and if I was photographing and posting every one of those albums here, I'd be doing nothing but that all day!:lol: I like to post albums that I think others might be interested in or that I can recommend to someone  that may not have that particular album in their collection.................glad you're enjoying the jazz too, but I'm only a novice with jazz compared to John @scuzzii, but I note you're not saying I've got you into country music yet!:hmm:

Cheers,

Keith

Thanks Keith. You have nailed it (me) exactly.

Country music mate, rather poke my eyes out with a burnt stick. Up there with my other 3 no's; death metal, rap and R & B.

Having said that, l did flirt briefly with alt country. Did like the album Strangers Almanac by Whiskytown which l have and l don't mind Lucinda Williams and l listened to a lot of Wilco 20 years ago. So if this is defined as Country... than guilty as charged m'lord. But can't stand Country and Western. But to each their own.

Currently listening to Roger Water's

Us + Them (Live in Amsterdam) on Spotify. Prog is my speed these days. He might be a sad old bastard. But he is a brilliant sad old bastard.

• Like 1

On 04/10/2020 at 8:38 AM, Janjuc said:

Hi All,

If you think seven or eight weeks is a lot, I have been waiting since early April for several albums to be posted, as a couple of European countries will not post out of Europe "because of Covid".

Earlier over breakfast, Drums Between The Bell, Eno and Holland

198280493_EnoHolland.jpg.56251ea351b1f41db716dfa784b968c8.jpg

JJ

l feel your pain JJ.

I ordered a Nick Drake cd from the UK back in February. After several emails back and forth, they only initiated a refund early September.

Anyway it turned up last week,

(nearly 8 months in transit) in a Aus Post plastic bag with a label on it saying this is how it arrived in Australia. It was a didgipak and absolutely soaked. I think it must have been at the bottom of the ship's bilge.  When l opened it up the cd was snapped in 3 places.  Had a bit of a chuckle over that one.

• Like 1

On 04/10/2020 at 10:08 AM, April Snow said:

So true it is frustrating right now - sellers from Germany and Spain are refusing to post right now as postage is not available - but had no trouble with other countries apart from the longer wait *sigh*

The frustration April is finding that fine line between: Is it delayed, or is it lost. Personally, l have been refunded on 1 and on 2 others they have sent a 2nd copy. None of the afore mentioned have turned up, except a a Nick Drake cd which l have just posted that conundrum in a response to JJ. l am only ordering from Amazon now, till things improve. Wasn't a fan, but they have been brilliant in the last couple of months.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, scuzzii said:

Next up, Patrick Watson. 

Pretty sure this was a recommendation from @needlerunner

Great album and sq. Needed a good clean though as paper inners were used.  

20201005_100046.jpg

T'was me indeed John.

It is on my list (getting longer by the day) of a must get. Not going to buy any more music this month and maybe next. The bank account has taken a hammering of late. So far l have not succumbed. But l still have 7 or 8 still to arrive via the dreaded Covid Postal Service, so that will have to suffice.

Cheers.

• Like 3

56 minutes ago, needlerunner said:

Thanks Keith. You have nailed it (me) exactly.

Country music mate, rather poke my eyes out with a burnt stick. Up there with my other 3 no's; death metal, rap and R & B.

Having said that, l did flirt briefly with alt country. Did like the album Strangers Almanac by Whiskytown which l have and l don't mind Lucinda Williams and l listened to a lot of Wilco 20 years ago. So if this is defined as Country... than guilty as charged m'lord. But can't stand Country and Western. But to each their own.

Currently listening to Roger Water's

Us + Them (Live in Amsterdam) on Spotify. Prog is my speed these days. He might be a sad old bastard. But he is a brilliant sad old bastard.

Ah, Ken, there’s no explaining poor taste in music I guess!? I don’t own too many death metal or rap albums either, but I appreciate that those genres have a huge following and there must be something happening there that’s pretty appealing.

I can’t imagine my music without country music because it feels real and in all honesty, that’s my choice anyway and although I might not listen to another genre of music, I won’t bag it just because it’s not for me.

Cheers,

Keith

Edited by cheekyboy
  • Like 3

37 minutes ago, needlerunner said:

The frustration April is finding that fine line between: Is it delayed, or is it lost. Personally, l have been refunded on 1 and on 2 others they have sent a 2nd copy. None of the afore mentioned have turned up, except a a Nick Drake cd which l have just posted that conundrum in a response to JJ. l am only ordering from Amazon now, till things improve. Wasn't a fan, but they have been brilliant in the last couple of months.

Yes Amazon are pretty good right now as they use mainly Fed Ex & DHL if ordering from US - I have quite a few things coming from UK that are not available anywhere else so hopefully as I have paid for registered and tracking they will get priority. I believe Australia Post will give preference over those parcels. It is about time though they got the world moving a little with deliveries to be honest, after all the shipping is not cheap either. 

• Like 1

It looks like can’t escape from Soundtracks, they are everywhere in my collection.

Saturday night fever, never watched the movie and no too fan of disco but this is a British pressing and sounds amazing 

D5D2E212-1BDB-4502-8966-0B7D177BCB68.jpeg

• Like 7

1 hour ago, hlov said:

It looks like can’t escape from Soundtracks, they are everywhere in my collection.

Saturday night fever, never watched the movie and no too fan of disco but this is a British pressing and sounds amazing 

D5D2E212-1BDB-4502-8966-0B7D177BCB68.jpeg

My favourite LP when I'm on the treadmill ?

• Like 2