Getting There.........

_MG_9352%20-%20Version%202_zpsf8hgbmrs.j

The Accuphase PS-520 was also a worthwhile upgrade. I  was using a PS Audio P10 previously but the sound quality that the PS-520 allows is appreciably better. Don't get me wrong, the P10 is definitely  a great product and  cleans up the power nicely, but so does the PS-520  and with better SQ

• Like 4

So much Accuphase gold ........ truly one of the most outstanding systems in WA ! Any more plans for upgrades or time to sit back and enjoy? Accuphase phono?..........

More thoughts on the S7s?? They would be very imposing in your room.

Be putting those pros to work this Wednesday thanks for the recommendation.

20 minutes ago, Metamatic said:

Sweet system.  Love the champagne colour of Accuphase and would be a great match for the S7's.    

When are you upgrading to the M3's? :P

P3 table as well.   great taste all round.

Thanks Shane- so much change to digest already.   For the sake of completeness I will be taking delivery of an Accuphase C-37 tomorrow so that should be interesting.   

I  have also been talking to Artisan Fidelity about  giving the P3 their treatment and fitting a new tone arm- specifically Kuzma 4 point.  we think its feasible to do while keeping the P3 structure and isolation system intact , but with a new beautiful case from AF.  As far as I know it hasn't been done before, but the P3 drive  and isolation system is exemplary  and with a new state of the art tonearm it would be even more formidable. What do you think?

Edited by Tasso
  • Like 1

_MG_9476_zps2imzb4id.jpg

It will be a shame to dispense with the original 1980's cabinet but  i think the combination of the brilliant drive and isolation system with a new arm should be a hard combo to beat.

• Like 2

56 minutes ago, Tasso said:

Thanks Shane- so much change to digest already.   For the sake of completeness I will be taking delivery of an Accuphase C-37 tomorrow so that should be interesting.   

I  have also been talking to Artisan Fidelity about  giving the P3 their treatment and fitting a new tone arm- specifically Kuzma 4 point.  we think its feasible to do while keeping the P3 structure and isolation system intact , but with a new beautiful case from AF.  As far as I know it hasn't been done before, but the P3 drive  and isolation system is exemplary  and with a new state of the art tonearm it would be even more formidable. What do you think?

Well first up - send the C-37 over my way first and I will run it in for you while you are waiting for AF to mod the P3. :) - I have been itching to have a listen to one for a while now - of course nobody stocks it. Matches my cj pre amp perfectly.

Re P3 - I was actually thinking of that while listening to my new tonearm - Thales Simplicity II, as it has transformed my TW table - how could I possible get it onto the P3.

The only weakness with the P3 is the tonearm, as it does have a little play where you secure the detachable armwand, and there is no azimuth adjustment.    As you can see below, the entire chassis and tonearm are isolated from the plinth.   Personally I would keep the plinth, just have AF spruce it up a little. I would also not have AF touch the motor etc as its designed to last.

The difficult bit is the tonearm length is 10.5 inches so it is rather unique to the normal 9 and 12 inch tonearms. I could see that on the plinth one could cut from the arm hole to the steel circumference around the platter to have a SME arrangement that the tonearm could slide back n forth.  That would not intrude too much with the overall plinth and look.    

It would require some detailed drawings to ensure that whatever new arm would work and how much of the plinth would be cut and precisely where. A new silver larger armboard would cover any hole.  the suspension will easily hold another arm, in fact you would probably have to use some ballast to keep it approx the same weight at the E-03 tonearm.

You have to keep me updated on this project, or pm me and we can chat offline.

p3(1).JPG

Edited by Metamatic
  • Like 1

Fantastic.

Even more impressive when you consider some of the high end European components that have come and gone.

I am guessing that although the Accuphase products are great in isolation, together they become that extra bit special.

• Like 2

A guy would be blown away to hear such a combination in a showroom.....for a few tracks....you get to indulge deeply in such pleasure....Wow !

Love the Accuphase gold gear look.

Stunning setup !

I had the good fortune to hear Tasso's system last week (in fact we are like neighbours being 10 mins apart), so regularly catch up. Like a hi-end candy shop for me.

'Getting there' is an understatement, more like ARRIVED. So much poise and grip with the Accuphase-Magico combination.

Cheers,

Steve.

• Like 2

What an amazing set up Tasso. Congratulations!!

Those Magico speakers, sweet Kanye, they must have been the best delivery that you have received for a while :party

One day I would love to be able to hear them as well.:thumb:

Guest BobbyD
48 minutes ago, mtf said:

What an amazing set up Tasso. Congratulations!!

Those Magico speakers, sweet Kanye, they must have been the best delivery that you have received for a while :party

One day I would love to be able to hear them as well.:thumb:

+1