WITHDRAWN: Richter Paladins - fab and hard to get

Item Condition: good, see notes
Shipping Options: Pickup available and you can audition.,Shipping is available at agreed cost.
Suburb or Town: BAULKHAM HILLS
State: NSW
Payment Method: EFT, cash
Reason for selling: surplus

Further Information

One of the very best Richters from the best period - 1990s!

They are a substantial 8" two-way design, and are one of Ralph Waters favourites to this day. On the smaller side he loved the Fairytales, tiny two-ways!

In pretty good condition, sound great, some small areas of lost glossing treatment on the cloth surrounds, but the good news is that this doesn't impact on sound, and cloth surrounds last a long time.

The stands are my make, not the originals.IMG_3998.thumb.jpg.27a816189e32c5d5bc74384fe3d9073c.jpg

P1090783.JPG

P1090784.JPG

• Love 1

17 hours ago, tubularbells said:

One of the first wow moments I had listening to these back in the day.

I can relate to that. My first WOW was hearing a pair of Mk1 Merlin's then Wizards with a HK amp driving them. It was a store in Brisbane CBD called Downtown HiFi. These would sound fantastic, I'm very tempted though wouldn't get them past my wife...

I had a pair I bought new from Living Sound? on brisbane north side in early eighties. There were a Walnut finish and came with a spong plug to fit in the port if you liked a "sealed" sound, did't take photos then of my gear, digital cameras not invented, I have fond memories, first decent speakers I owned.

• Like 1

Would love to hear how these compare to the pair of original Wizards that I scored from a local record shop many moons ago. Whoever snags these will be a happy camper! GLWS.

On 02/04/2024 at 12:47 PM, Bugs said:

I had a pair I bought new from Living Sound? on brisbane north side in early eighties. There were a Walnut finish and came with a spong plug to fit in the port if you liked a "sealed" sound, did't take photos then of my gear, digital cameras not invented, I have fond memories, first decent speakers I owned.

Early 90's.

On 06/04/2024 at 1:06 PM, Wimbo said:

Early 90's.

Right you are, vaguely remember hearing them at a HIFI show in a  Brisbane Hotel some where down near the Botianical Gardens prior the purchase