Recommended HiFi / AV Repairers (Australia)

• 5 weeks later...

Sven from All brand Electronics is really good too.

www.albrand.com.au

He is a one man band and works from home and charges fairly for work carried out

What needs to be repaired?

8 hours ago, jakestar said:

Try Chamila at RF Waves. Also usually busy but worth touching base.

What is a typical length of time it takes for a repair?  I went to JW electronics some time ago and whilst the repair did not take long it took a couple of weeks just to look at the issue, due to a a backlog of cases ahead of me in a queue.

On 05/03/2019 at 7:39 AM, dsj1188 said:

Maybe I will have better luck posting here than in the TV  section.

Hi.

The media box for my Pioneer Plasma TV has been affected by the dreaded issue of 8 blue lights blinking. It would not turn on. Apparently this is quite a common issue on the media receivers. Does any one have a spare one to sell or know where I can get it repaired. The display is still in excellent condition and it will be a pity to throw it away. This set actually belongs to my daugther. I gave that to her as she is not interested in UHD. . Using a Sony x800 the picture is absolutey brilliant for BDs and DVDs.

Thanks

I don't know for sure, but a tech told me the plastic fet's and output devices are much more prone to failure than older Bakelite devices. 

I don't know from experience, but thats what I've been told. 

Just a short plug for Bruno of Kasum Audio at Finsbury, in Adelaide (brunzk@bigpond.com).  Bruno has recently repaired a Jolinda CD player and NAD amp for me.  He knows his stuff.  Kasum Audio make valve amplifiers  pre-amps etc. 

On 25/04/2019 at 1:47 PM, magical said:

I don't know for sure, but a tech told me the plastic fet's and output devices are much more prone to failure than older Bakelite devices. 

I don't know from experience, but thats what I've been told. 

What that tech told you is false.

• 3 weeks later...
On 22/08/2016 at 9:24 PM, finetune said:

Anyone in Brisbane?  Need Sansui and Nad repair

Thanks in advance

Might be a bit late but for those in Brisbane who are looking to repair NAD and other brands here: 

http://www.watsonelectronics.com.au/

I got mine NAD amp repaired here recently.

Edited by NoS9
forgot link

Hi all,

When SNA member Decky moved from Canberra to California I lost a dear friend and my go-to audio tweaker/ repair dude.

I’m wondering if there is anyone who repairs audio in Canberra who is part of the community.

My Cambridge Audio 840 amp seems to have died.

Any suggestions/ help would be appreciated.

Oh and I should have mentioned, my googling found the Factory Audio in Evatt, ACT. Has anyone here used him?

I saw him listed in the thread above, but there was no recommendation or review, just his name listed.

The Factory (thefactory.com.au) is run by Will Crampton, who used to be a part-owner of Merlin Audio and also made his own equipment under the Naquadria brand name.

I have had a couple of pieces of equipment looked at by Will and have been happy with the quality of his work.  However, like most techs, he always seems to have a lot of work on hand so don't expect a speedy turnaround.

Edited by Bronal

Thanks for the info. This gives me some confidence.

2 hours ago, Bronal said:

The Factory (thefactory.com.au) is run by Will Crampton, who used to be a part-owner of Merlin Audio and also made his own equipment under the Naquadria brand name.

I have had a couple of pieces of equipment looked at by Will and have been happy with the quality of his work.  However, like most techs, he always seems to have a lot of work on hand so don't expect a speedy turnaround.

• 2 weeks later...
21 hours ago, Gee Emm said:

2 questions.

What was wrong with your amp?

How long did it take to fix?

Thanks

My NAD was switching/triggering on and off all the time.  

They said the voltage regulator was faulty.  They replaced that and clean the inside of the amp as well.

Roughly two weeks - though I brought it in during the Easter break.

• Like 1

On 29/05/2019 at 9:08 AM, Scamander said:

Hi, can anyone recommend a place in Tasmania to get  my Luxman 58A amplifier serviced . Cheers Mark. 

Hi Mark,

Sadly there are not too many options in Tasmania.

I would have nominated myself except that I had too leave the island six months ago.

I will however recommend Anthony Holton from @Aussieamps. Predominately a manufacturer, but will occasionally accept amplifier repairs. He is just as meticulous with repair work as he is with his own products. If you have ever seen the insides of a Holton amp you will know what I mean .

Good Luck

Edited by Auracle
spelling