Recommended HiFi / AV Repairers (Australia)

Le 17/08/2016 à 23h39, Green Wagon a déclaré:

Région de Sydney.

Pete_mac

Skippy124

Zaphod

Torrent  https://downloader.vip/turbotax/ https://downloader.vip/gogoanime/

Pourquoi est-ce que j'oublie toujours les autres gars?

Je sais theres plus.

.................................................. ...............

Région de Brisbane.

Je connais un gars qui fabrique des appareils de robinetterie comme passe-temps après l'heure de la nuit dans l'ouest de Brisbane. Mais il est très occupé, alors prévoyez un budget de plusieurs mois.

PM moi pour l'email de contact.

Cet homme a déjà été mentionné, je n'ai aucune expérience de lui.

Tq Electronics
Adresse: Unité 10 81, rue Bishop, Kelvin Grove, QLD, 4059
Numéro de téléphone: (07) 33526788

Je viens d’être informé que ces gars-là ont fermé leur boutique il ya un moment.

Numéro de téléphone va à une entreprise automobile maintenant.

Tony Mackay, qui travaille à Tivoli, a fait faire une valve. Très content du résultat.

Edited by ojanichsiya

I would strongly suggest travelling further to use someone far more trustworthy.
JLS in Doncaster I've found reliable.
Oh, sorry to hear you had a not so good experience with Dr Sound. He fixed my TT, my sansui 555a and refoamed some speakers... I've never had any problems...

4 minutes ago, MarsofMars said:
14 minutes ago, zero1 said:
I would strongly suggest travelling further to use someone far more trustworthy.
JLS in Doncaster I've found reliable.

Oh, sorry to hear you had a not so good experience with Dr Sound. He fixed my TT, my sansui 555a and refoamed some speakers... I've never had any problems...

You're lucky

On 01/12/2018 at 12:20 PM, davm said:

Any recommendations for older Technics turntable repair, ideally southern side of Melbourne?

Belt has been replaced but speed is uneven.

Thanks.

As well as JLS there's also a tech that works out of Soundair in Caulfield that is fine with turntables.

1 hour ago, MarsofMars said:
On 01/12/2018 at 12:20 PM, davm said:
Any recommendations for older Technics turntable repair, ideally southern side of Melbourne?

Belt has been replaced but speed is uneven.

Thanks.

Read more  

Dr Sound in Mulgrave

Did good work for me on my TT and set of both Wharfedale and Sui speakers...would have no hesitation in recommending the doc...

• Like 1

Le 19/08/2016 à 05:31, billyboyrm a déclaré:

Réparateurs du quartier ACT - Queanbeyan:

L’  adresse http://www.thefactoryaudio.com est le 24 Kevin St Evatt ACT. L’autre est Duratone Hifi dans Botany Street Phillip ACT,   iTunes Mobdro TutuApp

Tony Mackay, qui travaille à Tivoli, a fait faire une valve. Très content du résultat.

Edited by ojanichsiya

just would like to share my experience with Kimil Electronic, I bought a pre-owned Audio Research SP11 from USA last year, at the begining it worked fine but out of a sudden, I realized when I mute it, the speakers appeared a pop noise, also the invert and bypass switches did not work (one channel lost sound), therefore I called up Chris Kim and brought it over to his shop.

After a week of inspection, he told me all FETs inside were blown out and needed to replace, he called up Audio Research and been told it would take a time to get all these original parts from the factory.

Anyway, after three months all the issues are managed to solve, and the ac power also changed from 110 v to 240 v, the service all in cost are very reasonable (only 50% of cost if I ask to service in Hong Kong).

The amp is working very good now and I am very pleased with Chris and his professional skill and atitude.

Thank you again Chris for your excellent job.

Ok, I dropped off my Oldchen KT88-K3 to Don on Saturday as well as my LTA MZ2.  I suspect that the MZ2 will prove interesting to repair due to its complexity vs a more traditional amp. I forgot to change the dip switches to 6v when installing 6SN7 tubes so now the grids don't light up. Totally bummed out as I actually have a Khozmo 64 Step attenuator coming for it (to replace the ALPS Blue). This was easily the best sounding preamp I've ever run :(

I had a lengthy chat with Don and he seems a lovely guy. He's quite a range of big, high efficiency Altecs which I'll have to see if I can listen to at some point.  Anyway,  we'll see how things go with this. Fingers crossed.

Then again,  due to my uncertainty surrounding this and the glowing reports of the new MZ3, I have a MZ3 on order. That means that I might just sell the MZ2 even if repaired. Then again.  My brother will need a sound system eventually so I could gift it to him. I guess we'll see.

Edited by MattyW

• 2 weeks later...

My 2c for Melbourne is Tubularbells  - he just restored my Sansui AU 517 including a complete recap at a very reasonable price, gave me a complete list of caps replaced and other issues dealt with, and demonstrated it to me with the lid off so I could see it looking shiny and new inside.

• Like 1

Guest jakeyb77
27 minutes ago, Miguel said:

My 2c for Melbourne is Tubularbells  - he just restored my Sansui AU 517 including a complete recap at a very reasonable price, gave me a complete list of caps replaced and other issues dealt with, and demonstrated it to me with the lid off so I could see it looking shiny and new inside.

Wasn’t aware @Tubularbells was for hire!  Hell of a guy though. Honest as the day is long. 

Edited by jakeyb77

1 hour ago, Miguel said:

I’ll fourth that.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Maybe I will have better luck posting here than in the TV  section.

Hi.

The media box for my Pioneer Plasma TV has been affected by the dreaded issue of 8 blue lights blinking. It would not turn on. Apparently this is quite a common issue on the media receivers. Does any one have a spare one to sell or know where I can get it repaired. The display is still in excellent condition and it will be a pity to throw it away. This set actually belongs to my daugther. I gave that to her as she is not interested in UHD. . Using a Sony x800 the picture is absolutey brilliant for BDs and DVDs.

Thanks

Edited by dsj1188

Arthur Francis Audio Speakers (Lindisfarne TASMANIA); Did an excellent diagnosis and repair on a friend's vintage UK speakers. What was thought to be a "blown" tweeter turned out to be a faulty capacitor so life was restored and the trip to the dump avoided.

• Like 1

The LTA MZ2 was just the fuse. Didn't end up putting in the Khozmo as since I've the MZ3 in my main system I no longer need the MZ2. Will put it up for 1800 on the classifieds when I get a chance.

The Oldchen K3 turned out spectacularly.  Don found a ground loop with both inputs and outputs grounded and resolved that. Fixed the schematics which were incorrect and replaced the burnt resistors. Dueland JAM caps have replaced the French Solen Tinfoils.

The absolute silence of the amp has allowed me to find both the DAC and phono I use in my second system are not that quiet in terms of noise floor,  though it is used with 96.5db efficient full range speakers.

It's both incredibly smooth though also insanely transparent and dynamic.  I almost hate to say it though I think I'm getting a more engaging sound through the Oldchen K3 and Dayton PS220-8 speakers than I am with my main system. The sound stage and level of detail is also incredibly impressive. Enough that I'm considering an open baffle project using PS220-8's, Eminence Alpha-15A bass drivers and HiVi RT2C-A planar tweeters using the PS220-8's full range and just an inductor on the bass driver and a cap for the tweeter. Discussing with a chap in the US now who's trying this. I'll wait to see how he goes before doing anything.

Can't wait to see how the amp is after it gets 3-400 hours on it. :)

1069935280_OLDCHEN003Frontview.thumb.jpg.3b490e999d92298d0861502e281bf7d1.jpg

1417681590_OLDCHEN001Undersideview.thumb.jpg.8da52f64bf94094c0dd38fde799c1a8d.jpg

2134713099_OLDCHEN002SchemRev1A.thumb.jpg.9c44b5b428038dec6b6d033a6141c4f0.jpg

Turns out that the amp didn't match the schema very closely so some fantastic work done there. He's done well fitting in the big JAM caps too. I'll certainly be re-using his service in future.

Edited by MattyW
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Muon N' said:

Might be interesting to hear the Oldchen in the upstairs system with the AC's ;)

Looks like a very good result :thumb:

Maybe....  It doesn't really have enough power to reach as low as the darTZeel with the Aurum Cantus F620's so not a great match.

Excellent results though. Definitely sold on the Dueland JAM caps. Just got to burn them in. I wonder how good they are as bypass caps?

Possibly the Oatlons when done, or the future open baffle project ;)

Edited by MattyW