The new (and hopefully good) movies coming thread

I saw that DUNE was being made by Warner Bros.

They have a bad reputation of drawing out what should have been one or two movies int three or four [ The Hobbit, Harry Potter ]

I hope they don't do the same with this, although to quote WIKKI

Villeneuve has stated that the 2020 film will roughly cover the first half of the novel, with a follow up covering the remaining half.[73] He explained, "I would not agree to make this adaptation of the book with one single movie", says Villeneuve. "The world is too complex. It's a world that takes its power in details.

Anybody else notice Pink Floyd being used in the trailer

Edited by Tweaky
  • Like 2

16 hours ago, hometheatrebugbitten said:

Pretty much read all of the books in the series - has some promise

(one or two of the other books are also movie worthy if done right - Chapterhouse Dune and Children of Dune from memory)

They have a bad reputation of drawing out what should have been one or two movies int three or four [ The Hobbit, Harry Potter ]

Villeneuve has stated that the 2020 film will roughly cover the first half of the novel, with a follow up covering the remaining half.[73] He explained, "I would not agree to make this adaptation of the book with one single movie", says Villeneuve. "The world is too complex. It's a world that takes its power in details.

Anybody else notice Pink Floyd being used in the trailer ?

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Tweaky said:

Anybody else notice Pink Floyd being used in the trailer ?

I'd have to agree - he'd have to skip so much to cram it into a 2 hour movie

and being a Floyd fan - certainly noted the soundtrack ?

On 17/08/2020 at 2:00 AM, gillmaverick said:

This looks interesting...

Very much looking forward to this. Tom Holland is an impressive talent.

Speaking of impressive talent, that Tax Collector looks good too. Shia Laboeuf was excellent in The Peanut Butter Falcon and his Honey Boy movie looks good from previews. He went off the reservation for a while but since coming back to Hollywood, he's shown his ability.

• 2 weeks later...

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 10/09/2020 at 8:17 PM, cafe67 said:

This looks AWESOME!

Jared Harris, Lee Pace and those themes and visuals. Sign me up!

I've read a lot of criticism of Apple TV+ (assuming this will be free on it) but they are producing more and better content all the time.

1 hour ago, Esoterica said:

This looks AWESOME!

Jared Harris, Lee Pace and those themes and visuals. Sign me up!

I've read a lot of criticism of Apple TV+ (assuming this will be free on it) but they are producing more and better content all the time.

I really like Lee Pace , I think he is a much under rated actor. Pity he is not in more high profile movies. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, cafe67 said:

I really like Lee Pace , I think he is a much under rated actor. Pity he is not in more high profile movies. 

I can't remember if I've seen him as anyone but Ronan the Accuser in the Marvel films, but that alone makes me a fan. His look and manner are so intense. Love it.

I can confirm Foundation is coming to Apple TV next year. 

1 hour ago, Esoterica said:

I can't remember if I've seen him as anyone but Ronan the Accuser in the Marvel films, but that alone makes me a fan. His look and manner are so intense. Love it.

I can confirm Foundation is coming to Apple TV next year. 

He was in a movie called the fallen which is awesome  and he played thudril in the hobbit amoungst others

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...