Darren69's stuff, to date.

Latest addition, a little Sonos ZP90 from @sound dust hooked up to the Sigma through a coax with BNC adaptor from @Gryffles and it's a bloody little ripper of a thing, haven't explored all the volume and sound setting functions just yet but have added Deezer, Bandcamp and Zdigital to the stations that I can play, a far better way to test drive an album than through the computer. One Ethernet port idnt work for me so went to the next and it all flowed from there, intuitive app, easy to use and sounds a lot better than trying to hobble together adaptors to accept the headphone jack on the I Pad.

First song through the pipes was Enter Sandman through lossless Deezer, didn't sound as nice as the disc/rip but still good, maybe 90% as good so to speak.

Will I use it much? I already dropped out of ROON-Tidal due to lack of use, meh, who knows, maybe my brain just needs to get used to the option being there. Am very happy with the set up.

8EFF40EB-CFE9-4BCC-AF26-93B72A9A8A4F.thumb.jpeg.dcb645c8f1132ee3471ff24b6d50514a.jpeg

Edited by Darren69
  • Like 3

2 hours ago, Darren69 said:

Latest addition, a little Sonos ZP90 from @sound dust hooked up to the Sigma through a coax with BNC adaptor from @Gryffles and it's a bloody little ripper of a thing, haven't explored all the volume and sound setting functions just yet but have added Deezer, Bandcamp and Zdigital to the stations that I can play, a far better way to test drive an album than through the computer. One Ethernet port idnt work for me so went to the next and it all flowed from there, intuitive app, easy to use and sounds a lot better than trying to hobble together adaptors to accept the headphone jack on the I Pad.

First song through the pipes was Enter Sandman through lossless Deezer, didn't sound as nice as the disc/rip but still good, maybe 90% as good so to speak.

Will I use it much? I already dropped out of ROON-Tidal due to lack of use, meh, who knows, maybe my brain just needs to get used to the option being there. Am very happy with the set up.

8EFF40EB-CFE9-4BCC-AF26-93B72A9A8A4F.thumb.jpeg.dcb645c8f1132ee3471ff24b6d50514a.jpeg

They are great little things. If you see a Remedy reclocker on offer here grab it and put between ZP90 and your dac. Really big difference and the reason I eventually bought a W4S Cullen modified Sonos Connect, which in effect has the Remedy built in plus a few extra improvements.

19 minutes ago, blybo said:

They are great little things. If you see a Remedy reclocker on offer here grab it and put between ZP90 and your dac. Really big difference and the reason I eventually bought a W4S Cullen modified Sonos Connect, which in effect has the Remedy built in plus a few extra improvements.

Thanks, will do as I had a W4S Remedy a while back and loved it. Shouldn’t sell some things.

The wait must be excruciating!  That much power, that much speaker,  good times.

Has the combination ever been heard together or is it “ married at first sight?” Slight feeling of jealousy......

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, Ooogh said:

The wait must be excruciating!  That much power, that much speaker,  good times.

Has the combination ever been heard together or is it “ married at first sight?” Slight feeling of jealousy......

No I haven't heard JC1's pushing 4367's but I have heard amps with less power doing a good job so one assumes it all up from there. :D 

Time will tell mate. Thank you. I might also be looking at an Ayon Stratos dac...

Edited by Darren69
  • Like 2

I could name a dozen South Australians who would happen to

” just be in the neighbourhood “ the day the JBLs arrive.  Got some Ayon  fans over here too.  Looking  forward to a review on the new sound, got a feeling it will contain lots of those words with # and $ in them.

• Haha 1

On ‎1‎/‎06‎/‎2019 at 10:56 AM, blybo said:

Worked for a week and dies. Grrr, well, disappeared and nothing seems to bring it back. Grabbed the N100 Bluesound in the classifieds.

10 hours ago, Rickus said:

Only one sleep now @Darren69 :D

Then I better start looking for an amp to do the speakers justice!

Cheers,
Rick.

Yes we need to help Rickus find some quality amps. Have already recommended JC1's. The PS Audio BHK's would be good too but I will always recommend big horsepower, there's no substitute, even at lower listening levels it sounds better. Nothing under 250w into 8 ohms methinks. @Lenehan Audio & @Wongy might help you out as well. Then again some Prima Luna monoblocks could be very very nice...sell them to me if they don't work :D 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, soundbyte said:

@Darren69 I suggest that anyone looking for new high quality amplifiers take a look at the Holton range, made in Tasmania.

Contact @Aussieamps for more details.

@Rickus yes these sounded nice at the Melbourne show in 2017.

I liked the Hypex mono's as well but others don't like them as much, personal tastes I guess.

https://www.nordacoustics.co.uk/

Good bang for buck would be an A21 Parasound as well.

Edited by Darren69

Guest Muon N'
17 hours ago, Darren69 said:

@Tubularbells  @Muon N'  don't be sad!! One door closes and another opens! :) 

A bigger door? like like the doors to a Megadeath concert venue xD   :thumb:

Sorry if that is not on ya' band lists, I'm not up one those kinds and all I could think of :$

29 minutes ago, Darren69 said:

Good bang for buck would be an A21 Parasound as well.

This topic worth a read?

It was a Parasound A21 that was compared with the Holton Five-Zero-Zero.

As I mention in that topic, I would take home the Holton in preference to the Parasound A21 without reservation.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Muon N' said:

A bigger door? like like the doors to a Megadeath concert venue xD   :thumb:

Sorry if that is not on ya' band lists, I'm not up one those kinds and all I could think of :$

Had a bit of Megadeth going out in the shed through the shed system a few weeks ago :D 

11 minutes ago, Rickus said:

ML5s are installed and working, albeit only driven by a Yamaha RX-A3030 at present.  Thanks, @Darren69  Such a beautiful bubble wrap job that it was a shame to tear it off :)

Thanks for the amp advice Daz and @soundbyte

All in good order?

Any very early thoughts?

3 minutes ago, Darren69 said:

All in good order?

Any very early thoughts?

Working perfectly, thanks Daz.  A lot more gravitas than the Elacs they replace!

23 minutes ago, Rickus said:

Working perfectly, thanks Daz.  A lot more gravitas than the Elacs they replace!

Great news, was a tad nervous, looking forward to hearing about you and yours thoughts/experiences with these amazing speakers.

• Like 1