Darren69's stuff, to date.

@joz 1 hr from Coffs, ten minutes from Grafton, maybe 1hr 20 from Ballina, neither here nor there really wherever you go. Or come down with Tezz, as offered. About 2 hrs 45 from the Cooly airport to Che Daz. Will have to work out a date, anyone got a month with not many scribbles on the calendar? :) 

• 3 weeks later...

Gents, what about the Australia Day long weekend?

@joz @Lenehan Audio @Wongy @Jventer @awayward @TerryO @mikey d

Saturday from midday onwards, fill you up with bacon and eggs sunday morning and chuck you out.

As previous attendees know, limited room here. First in best bedded, so to speak (well, depending on how much Colonial Brewing IPA I have had) Otherwise theres a handy motel opp 't hill as Mikey knows but I think he deserves one Che Daz fart sack after Motelling it last time.

I might have some Melody gear to listen to by then...

• Like 3

Hey Daz,

Count me in, just for the eggs, best eggs I’ve ever had.

I won’t claim a bed as I’ve always wanted to sleep in a swag, good excuse to buy one and sleep outdoors, hopefully it doesn’t piss down all night.

Although there is one condition, no more BS about you can’t drink after a meal, the night is only early at 8pm, host or not you have to party on ?, we can look after ourselves.

Looking forward to hearing what the valve BS is all about.

• Like 1

On ‎13‎/‎12‎/‎2018 at 7:46 PM, Darren69 said:

Gents, what about the Australia Day long weekend?

@joz @Lenehan Audio @Wongy @Jventer @awayward @TerryO @mikey d

Saturday from midday onwards, fill you up with bacon and eggs sunday morning and chuck you out.

As previous attendees know, limited room here. First in best bedded, so to speak (well, depending on how much Colonial Brewing IPA I have had) Otherwise theres a handy motel opp 't hill as Mikey knows but I think he deserves one Che Daz fart sack after Motelling it last time.

I might have some Melody gear to listen to by then...

Well haven't had any luck with the bulk of the dudes here so will put it off for a while, might even be better when the weather cools down a bit I guess. @awayward you could scratch this one from the calendar for now, you'll get an extra egg made with love for your kind words when it does go down. :D 

I'm keen to attend Dazzle (especially as I can't wait to drink all of your grog) but making plans at this time of year is a bit hard. Once the the New Year has passed then things for me will start to settle down a little.

I wouldn't right Australia Day off just yet.

cheers Terry

Edited by TerryO
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, Sime V2 said:

I’ve got some catching up to do with this thread, valves hey…………

Well he had to see the light and start to drift away from that SS rubbish eventually Sime. ... :angel:

Edited by TerryO
  • Like 1

22 minutes ago, Darren69 said:

Well haven't had any luck with the bulk of the dudes here so will put it off for a while, might even be better when the weather cools down a bit I guess. @awayward you could scratch this one from the calendar for now, you'll get an extra egg made with love for your kind words when it does go down. :D 

That’s a shame, I was looking forward to hearing some tube magic, please keep me in the loop for the next one.

22 minutes ago, awayward said:

That’s a shame, I was looking forward to hearing some tube magic, please keep me in the loop for the next one.

Haven't got anything yet, still chatting with George about the Melodies and also talking to Earle again about a time machine pre built to Daz spec feeding the existing JC1's :D 

I think the last one was around 12 months ago? Since then I have got the tube dac and pre.

Edited by Darren69

52 minutes ago, TerryO said:

Well he had to see the light and start to drift away from that SS rubbish eventually Sime. ... :angel:

Ooooh, you take that back.

We have yet to have that GTG to cure you of this completely unreasonable love of tubes that you have developed.☢️

Edited by Cafad
more words needed
  • Like 1

On ‎16‎/‎12‎/‎2018 at 8:57 AM, Cafad said:

Ooooh, you take that back.

We have yet to have that GTG to cure you of this completely unreasonable love of tubes that you have developed.☢️

Well I am also lost to the mire as well brother C, paid for my Weston Time Machine Pre yesterday, built to Daz spec by the very gentlemanly Earle @ehtcom. Arrival, maybe late March-ish. As follows-

Polished copper transformer covers.

Figured oak (if available) plinth.
XLR inputs on input 1
XLR and RCA outputs
RCA subwoofer outputs
No headphone output
No speaker outputs
Brushed stainless base.

Hubba hubba.

Melodies didn't eventuate.

So there. :D 

Edited by Darren69
  • Like 3

I’m listening to our Time Machine pre and PL power amp combo right now and the sound produced is  bloody excellent, very captivating.

I reckon you will be a happy man Dazzle with the Weston pre, if not just give up in discust and give all your gear including those sooky JC1’s to me to look after.

Again what are mates for if not to lift the burden from their friends. ... :winky:

cheers Terry

21 minutes ago, TerryO said:

I’m listening to our Time Machine pre and PL power amp combo right now and the sound produced is  bloody excellent, very captivating.

I reckon you will be a happy man Dazzle with the Weston pre, if not just give up in discust and give all your gear including those sooky JC1’s to me to look after.

Again what are mates for if not to lift the burden from their friends. ... :winky:

cheers Terry

The Melody gear is wide open for you now!

JC1's would kill those speakers you have, I couldn't do that to you mate. :D 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Muon N'

Would like to see a view of the getter to see if they are right when saying they look identical to the DR.

At that price I hope they are the DR, the description seems to fit.

Edited by Muon N'

On 03/01/2019 at 5:07 PM, Muon N' said:

Would like to see a view of the getter to see if they are right when saying they look identical to the DR.

At that price I hope they are the DR, the description seems to fit.

Will attempt some half decent pics when they arrive mate